Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sounds like you made the difficult but correct choice.  Sorry that it couldn't have worked out better for you.  I agree with your Painkiller prescription! 

Of Pirates and Painkillers – Yacht Vacations

I know that view. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

In those economy seats again?

Have a great trip!

ummm 🤔 

IMG_0170.thumb.jpeg.9b387ca97339974a1de0f413b6bdabf6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m fine. Just getting past being tired from our week in Maine with our kids and grandkids. 
Dick and I drive up, everyone else flew. 
it’s hard work supervising his driving, so I’m still tired. 
I had bad breathing problems when we got home…probably from trading wonderful Maine air for humid Florida air. 
I booked a bunch  from my women’s club on Allure sailing Feb 26, and invited them to pay toward their balances when they have a little extra.

That, and answering questions has kept me busy!  Really,really like herding  cats!
Don’t remember if I mentioned it, but 

ParkPortCanaveral is running a 50% off sail that expires 31 July. 
It’s good for cruises through June 2024. 
Good place to park and shuttle. It’s closest to the port. 
Thanks for thinking about me.

Trying to keep up, but I keep falling behind so I’ve mostly been skimming. 
Now that I’ve completely unpacked and found the capris I thought I left in Maine, hopefully I’ll be back running my mouth!!
First photo is my attorney granddaughter Megan, my son Scott, and me. There’s one of Dick and me at our cousin Bruce’s home. He and his wife Lee know how to make us happy! We all had all the lobster we could stuff in! And Lee made a hot crab dip with fresh picked Maine crabs that was to die for!

Then at various restaurants, we had steamers, fried whole belly clams, lobster rolls, Maine and Connecticut, and lots of scallops. 
Our daughter rented a five bedroom house in Boothbay, and it was perfect. 
Dick had mentioned two years ago it would be nice if we could rent a big house and visit Maine one more time. Everybody already had vacation plans, so it took two years to line everything up. 
The house was perfect, the dining room table seated 20, so there was room for the 12 of us to be comfortable.,and spending quality time with family was priceless!

IMG_2510.jpeg

IMG_2484.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

IMG_2468.jpeg

IMG_2467.jpeg

IMG_2269.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

Looks and sounds like a great family vacation 🥰

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So close yet so far…….

The knee saga continues. Met with my Knee Surgeon today after yesterdays appointment with my brothers buddy. I was due for another injection of hydraulic “Duralane” yesterday but we decided to hold off until my doctor’s appointment today.

Todays appointment was to see if they could schedule total knee replacement in the next couple of weeks to give me enough time rehabbing for our October 21st cruise.

Good news was that they had a cancellation on August 4th in a couple of weeks. This sounded perfect until I realized the day after is my station’s 75th anniversary celebration where we are inducting members into our first ever KMBC Hall of Fame. I’m on the committee and I am giving a speech for one of our recipients sportscaster Len Dawson of NFL HOF, Super Bowl 4 MVP, etc…. Even though he passed away it’s a big honor and his wife will be there to accept the honor. As much as I want to get this knee done I owe it to Len’s memory to do this speech as we were very close working together for 12 years covering the Chiefs on home and away games. Plus there we a lot of people I worked with coming in from out of town for the celebration.

Now it looks like I will get it replaced in early November right after our cruise. It does interfere with my holiday plans for Christmas but I will have to make due. I guess I can put out the decorations in October but I will have to scale back. The knee just can’t handle it.

I guess in the long run it will work out. It does give Linda more time to recover from her hand surgery and gives me enough time to get all the pre testing done and a CT scan on my knee.

So the plan is get an injection mid August to hopefully last through the cruise. I may be a little gimpy on the cruise but hey that’s what a “Painkiller” will do at the Soggy Dollar Bar.

Cheers!

Well I am sorry Greg, but not so sorry cause I want to see you on that October cruise!

• Like 6

The heat was nearly unbearable at Chacchoben today, but we survived. It was great to see Mayan ruins, but it’s another one and done for us.

IMG_4645.thumb.jpeg.631d104335cfb3287acddba88b621016.jpeg

IMG_4679.thumb.jpeg.4d92a7a4660c91132f2de05e8ce5a278.jpeg

More thoughts on Allure: It’s a beautiful ship. Our cabin is showing its age a little, but the rest of the ship looks great. It doesn’t feel nearly as crowded as I thought it would. The shows have all been fantastic.

Regarding the new MDR menu at dinner, we miss certain old favorites, but the food has been consistently hot and the service has been fast and excellent.

I do really miss the evening cabin service. Also, there are a LOT more dirty dishes littering the hallways now that stewards aren’t retrieving them from the rooms in the evenings. I suppose we will all have to get used to it.

This cabin is really cool, but the bed is the absolute hardest bed I have ever experienced in my life. All Royal beds are hard, but this one is next level. I was considering sleeping on the couch at one point. My sore shoulders and hips will be happy to get home to my own bed, but I’m still in no rush for this cruise to end.

Two days left! Hope the time doesn’t fly by. Not ready to return to reality.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good news was that they had a cancellation on August 4th in a couple of weeks. This sounded perfect until I realized the day after is my station’s 75th anniversary celebration where we are inducting members into our first ever KMBC Hall of Fame. I’m on the committee and I am giving a speech for one of our recipients sportscaster Len Dawson of NFL HOF, Super Bowl 4 MVP, etc…. Even though he passed away it’s a big honor and his wife will be there to accept the honor. As much as I want to get this knee done I owe it to Len’s memory to do this speech as we were very close working together for 12 years covering the Chiefs on home and away games. Plus there we a lot of people I worked with coming in from out of town for the celebration.

That's a bummer Greg. Unless you are totally incapacitated, it is hard to make these things work out sometimes. And knees are definitely harder than hips. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, jmh2006 said:

Well I am sorry Greg, but not so sorry cause I want to see you on that October cruise!

I will be there no matter what. I've waited 5 years to get to the BVI. My cruise booked there was booked right after the pandemic started and Royal cancelled it. Even if I'm in some pain I can deal with it.

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea Dog Greg, you've got this!  

If you have to scale back on your Christmas decorating, remember, it will only be for one Christmas. 

Hopefully, the injection will work so that you can enjoy your Oct. cruise.  I know you'll have a wonderful time.

Thanks Bonnie. That's the way I'm looking at it. If nothing else I can watch Christmas movies all day while I am recuperating.

2 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's a bummer Greg. Unless you are totally incapacitated, it is hard to make these things work out sometimes. And knees are definitely harder than hips. 

Yes Patti I am not looking forward to it but at this point I just want to get it over with.

• Like 9

Good morning.

It is overcast and 54°F here in North East England.

I just read an article which was about Amsterdam closing their cruise terminal to cut back on tourist numbers.

They are building a new bridge which will restrict cruise ships.

I have had notification on one cruise next year that Amsterdam stop is being replaced with Rotterdam.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a great day.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

I just read an article which was about Amsterdam closing their cruise terminal to cut back on tourist numbers.

I have had notification on one cruise next year that Amsterdam stop is being replaced with Rotterdam.

Care to share that article about Amsterdam closing their cruise terminal, we have a cruise booked out of there the  end of May 2024. That would sure put a damper on our plans for Europe next year.

18 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@A&L_Ont

we will be sailing the Freedom next September.  Haven't sailed her in over 15 years.

Take care

Sue

That was before they added all the extra cabins and took my beloved piano out of the card room up the the Crown.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Care to share that article about Amsterdam closing their cruise terminal, we have a cruise booked out of there the  end of May 2024. That would sure put a damper on our plans for Europe next year.

See post 99875 for a link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

There is a thread on Celebrity currently on this.

Rotterdam is an alternative departure port.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I also wanted say that I am sorry that the surgery timing was off; but I am not the least bit surprised that you put others before yourself. Hopefully this next shot will give you some relief.  Happy to hear that Linda is feeling better,

Thank you Pat for the kind words. I owe it to my dear heavenly friend and coworker Len Dawson to help honor his memory by doing this speech. The other way I look at it as I’d be in some pain either way but I do want to just get it over with. Hope you are doing great. I’m looking forward to seeing you again.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

That’s disappointing about Amsterdam. I love that city and want to cruise out of there.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good morning from Miami.

Let the fun begin!

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad you're doing a TR. Thanks.

Wishing you, again, an enjoyable cruise and happy 19th anniversary 🌺

Yay! Another fantastic title by Andrew.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That was before they added all the extra cabins and took my beloved piano out of the card room up the the Crown.

Celebrity also removed piano from summit suite lounge 

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

There is a thread on Celebrity currently on this.

Rotterdam is an alternative departure port.

my sisters European cruise a couple of weeks ago on Celebrity was originally leaving from Amsterdam and was moved to Rotterdam. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That’s disappointing about Amsterdam. I love that city and want to cruise out of there.

We are doing a B2B on 2 different cruiselines......So after the cruise ends in either Amsterdam or Rotterdam we would still be flying from Amsterdam to Barcelona no matter where our Royal Caribbean Ship cruises from..........

One way Air tickets are $156 per person from Amsterdam and $1625 from Rotterdam to Barcelona.(2 1/2 hours one way flight)

The 2 cities are only 1 hour from each other. We will get some kind of transportation back to Amsterdam to save the money. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9