Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Graham,That book is beautiful 

The remembrance books are quite large and have thousands of names especially engraved inside.

The case is locked and in the morning the attendant turns the pages over for the next days memories.

Paulines mam and dad and my mam and dad have special memories words engraved in the books on their memory day.

• Like 12

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This is Seaham County Durham on the North East coast.

Newcastle Port of Tyne is 15 miles from us.

If you were docked in Newcastle we would have loved to see you and show you some of the area.

August 22nd is our 42nd wedding anniversary.

Liverpool is a lovely city on the North West coast about 170 miles from us.

The Beatles museum is in Albert Dock Liverpool less than 1 mile from the cruise terminal.

The famous Cavern club is in Liverpool city centre just under 1 mile from the cruise terminal.

Sue lives in Dorset I believe which is about 350 miles from Liverpool and over 400 miles from us.

Not quite Dorset,  Berkshire, which is still in the South. Though Gary was born in Dorset, even though he has a Canadian accent, and we often go to Bournemouth for a day by the seaside . 

So a long way from Liverpool.  It is a lovely city as Graham says The cruise shops dock right in the centre of the city. I hope you enjoy your visit @FromSea2ShiningSea

@grapau27Graham,  we may be up your general direction next month for a couple of days. Gary wants to go to the Yorkshire Aviation Museum 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Not quite Dorset,  Berkshire, which is still in the South. Though Gary was born in Dorset, even though he has a Canadian accent, and we often go to Bournemouth for a day by the seaside . 

So a long way from Liverpool.  It is a lovely city as Graham says The cruise shops dock right in the centre of the city. I hope you enjoy your visit @FromSea2ShiningSea

@grapau27Graham,  we may be up your general direction next month for a couple of days. Gary wants to go to the Yorkshire Aviation Museum 

You will like the York Designer shopping outlet which is just off the A64 about 12 miles from the A1M Sue and close to the Air museum.

Screenshot_20230729_220158.jpg

Edited by grapau27

15 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Wore some the other night for the ‘Disco Party” on Allure.  Good times! 💃🕺

I wish I would have kept some of my 70’s clothes. They were wild. I even had a pair of 3.5 inch heels I used to wear. Good times!

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You will like the York Designer shopping outlet which is just off the A64 about 12 miles from the A1M Sue and close to the Air museum.

Screenshot_20230729_220158.jpg

Planes are obviously very different from trains, but I though the National Railway Museum in York was excellent.  

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Planes are obviously very different from trains, but I though the National Railway Museum in York was excellent.  

It is excellent.

York is a lovely city.

The minster is amazing as is 

The Shambles a medieval street in the centre of York.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This is Seaham County Durham on the North East coast.

Newcastle Port of Tyne is 15 miles from us.

If you were docked in Newcastle we would have loved to see you and show you some of the area.

August 22nd is our 42nd wedding anniversary.

Liverpool is a lovely city on the North West coast about 170 miles from us.

The Beatles museum is in Albert Dock Liverpool less than 1 mile from the cruise terminal.

The famous Cavern club is in Liverpool city centre just under 1 mile from the cruise terminal.

Sue lives in Dorset I believe which is about 350 miles from Liverpool and over 400 miles from us.

Thank you, Graham.  Now I remember you gave me the information before along with suggestions on the Beatles museum and the Cavern club.  I remember pictures that you posted, too.  

We have a tour that day that will include many of the Beatles sights such as the homes of John, Paul, George & Ringo; The Penny Lance Experience; Strawberry Fields; St. Peter's Church; Eleanor Rigby's Tombstone and Cavern Quarter. 

I'm sorry we will miss you this time.  We will have to see what cruiselines dock in Newcastle Port of Tyne and the itineraries they offer.  Meanwhile, I hope you and Pauline will be able join us on Bella 2.  I know many people would love to meet you.

On August 22 while we are in Liverpool or on the ship, we will raise a toast to you and Pauline for a very happy 42nd anniversary.  🥂

5 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Sue, I checked the map.  You are pretty far from Liverpool.  We will enjoy our time there though. I hope you will consider Bella 2 also.  It would be so nice to meet you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Thank you, Graham.  Now I remember you gave me the information before along with suggestions on the Beatles museum and the Cavern club.  I remember pictures that you posted, too.  

We have a tour that day that will include many of the Beatles sights such as the homes of John, Paul, George & Ringo; The Penny Lance Experience; Strawberry Fields; St. Peter's Church; Eleanor Rigby's Tombstone and Cavern Quarter. 

I'm sorry we will miss you this time.  We will have to see what cruiselines dock in Newcastle Port of Tyne and the itineraries they offer.  Meanwhile, I hope you and Pauline will be able join us on Bella 2.  I know many people would love to meet you.

On August 22 while we are in Liverpool or on the ship, we will raise a toast to you and Pauline for a very happy 42nd anniversary.  🥂

Sue, I checked the map.  You are pretty far from Liverpool.  We will enjoy our time there though. I hope you will consider Bella 2 also.  It would be so nice to meet you.

Thank you for your lovely words.

We were originally booked on Bella1 for about 16 months but had to change and did Oasis end January beginning February because of Pauline's work commitment last minute change.

• Like 3

I might of mentioned before that I am growing jalapeno peppers from last year's seeds.  Out of the 8 plants one is cross-pollinated.  It is producing peppers that are big and characteristics of a bell pepper.   The first one I tried had very little heat.  Today I was chopping up a lot of different vegetables to roast.  I thought I would had one.  After cutting it open I took a seed a put it on my tongue.   Another one stuck on my finger dropped on my lower lip.  HOT 🔥.   It felt like I had a severe burn.  I recovered with a couple spoonfuls of cool whip!  These pics don't show the true size but here ya go.  I set regular jalapenos inside the sliced new one.

image.thumb.png.2354dbc97237ff42b140637dcd400b43.png

Here is a comparison of the tops.

image.thumb.png.fe5d25b8d6a94710eb97027d58bce8fd.png

• Like 13

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have you been to Jones Beach this summer ?When I lived in Brooklyn I went very often but since moving to within walking distance I have yet to go there.

Funny you should ask. The answer is No but I might this upcoming week as the weather looks like perfect beach weather.  I can't believe it's almost August & I have yet to get to the beach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I wish I would have kept some of my 70’s clothes. They were wild. I even had a pair of 3.5 inch heels I used to wear. Good times!

I had a pair f platform shoes and I am 6’4” without them I was a giant with them , we bought disco shirts to wear for our 70’s music cruise 

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, George C said:

I had a pair f platform shoes and I am 6’4” without them I was a giant with them , we bought disco shirts to wear for our 70’s music cruise 

Must see a picture of that! 😉

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

I had about 5 pairs of these Candie's shoes in different colors.  I would never go anywhere without a handbag matching my shoes.  My, has times changed.

image.png.3e70032533f1ef1a125f9369a66074df.png

• Like 18

38 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I had about 5 pairs of these Candie's shoes in different colors.  I would never go anywhere without a handbag matching my shoes.  My, has times changed.

The thought of how these affect the structure and function of the foot and ankle makes me cringe.

• Like 9

53 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

OMG I forgot all about these.   I had these in a couple colors too!    Loved them.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Yep had those too, what memories.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1