Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Thanks.  It will be interesting doing it with one of the grandkids.  Last time we were here, our kids were his age. 

We plan to take a daily pool break, then go back to the parks.  We have dinner reserved at the Chocolate Emporium one of our nights. 

Thanks for the anniversary wishes.  Portofino Bay is nice. 

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

Thank you.  I hope to have a few pictures 

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

We have early access to IOA, so we will be up early.  Thanks for the anniversary wishes. 

@Ozark_Kid we have unlimited express passes to both parks for our stay. Hope it helps some. 

The express passes will help.  Last fall we could walk onto most of the rides.  I like the way they do it at universal where there is a separate line at most of the rides with the express side bypassing most of the people. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

we actually get two super moons this month.  Another at the end of August. 

I'll have to mark my Calendar, and drive to a location with a better view. 

Around 1970 I saw one as I was driving around in Macon Georgia. That moon was red, enormous and close to the horizon. I wish I had a camera with me. I need a way to print a view that lives in my memory . 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This will be our hotel for the week. (Photo from Condè Nast Traveler)

IMG_6231.thumb.webp.8dde164837c4c9b679f5a7f0bc04f551.webp

I stayed there in the spring, best beds ever!  Loved this hotel even though we completely blew our budget staying there but it was worth it. 

Happy Anniversary!  

• Like 5

Update to the plumbing saga.  $360 call out fee + $120 per hour.  Sadly DS has no interest in being a plumber.  However, Sydney Water have confirmed the tree roots in the sewer line are their responsibility so they will reimburse some or all of the costs 😀

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sounds like a great time! I like that you put in some relaxation time at the Polynesian. Much needed!😄 Have a wonderful cruise and hope your boys love it!

We board the Wonder this Sunday. We are on the Independence in September, so I am interested to read your Cliff notes.

Bon Voyage! 
I’m not doing anything ‘Live”, but maybe a trip report after the cruise.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Love OKW with the larger rooms then the newer resorts where the rooms seemed to have got smaller and smaller. 🙂

Loved the tv placement on the back side of the island where the whole room has a good view of the tv.

Last time there we had a villa that backed up to the canal where you could see the boats go by to drop off people at Disney Springs.

I think that set up with the TV in the back of the island is only in the 2 bedroom units? Our family has outgrown that and we now need the 3 bedroom which has the normal island and TV is mounted above a cabinet. Pic from Nov 2021 trip:IMG_4158.thumb.jpeg.c0b2632aefab5ee9cb95573ddf2bd385.jpeg

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Really,  y'all are going to Disney?  😆 Hope you have a great time.  Do you plan to go on Tron?  It looks cool 😎

When we had annual passes we liked to cruise out of PC and spend a couple days at Disney. 

I personally will not be going on Tron but I’m sure all the others who are tall enough will.  I don’t love the thrill rides so I’m happily the one who stays with the little kids 🙂

• Like 9

15 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Just 3? 🤔 🤣 🤣 🤣  Not sure if you recall, but I get 6 free per day. 😮

My bad. I thought I read somewhere that you were not much of a drinker.  Sorry for misunderstanding. 

With 6 a day, you can go thru the list at least three times. 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ok cat folks. Jade was supposed to go to the vet today for a checkup. She would have nothing to do with getting into the carrier and I have a clawed up bloody arm to prove it. Had to cancel. Never had this issue before with dogs or cats. Any suggestions? Oh yeah, now she is eating treats out of my recently bloody hand.🙄

Did you try wrapping her up with towel before trying to put her into carrier to make it easier. Put the towel on your lap and when she comes over to sit on your lap you gently wrap her up in towel.

If that doesn't work you can ask your vet for a sedative or  tranquilizer  to settle her down. The size of the pill is dependent on how many pounds Jade is. This usually works fairly easy if you can get your cat to eat the pills, usually wrap the pill up in a pill pouch treat.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

18 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Feliway calming spray . Available at pet stores or from the vet It gets sprayed on the towel or inside the carrier. It really helps to keep them calm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Our cats hate getting into cat carrier also. Linda has had luck putting the carrier on the couch with the opening angled up against the back of the couch. When the cat is near she picks her up and puts them at the top and gravity takes over dipping them to the bottom. It’s worked every time for her.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1