Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My feet and ankles always swell up on cruises. I’m going try wearing compression socks at night in bed with my feet elevated.

Those horse pills are the worst. They even halved them for me and I still couldn’t swallow them. I basically had to chew them and they tasted horrible.

Greg, I was told not to wear them at night in bed.

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I forgot to post a pic of a couple of cuties that joined us swimming Friday!  With Finnley being in the 98 percentile for height, she might be taller then Kenzie next year!

IMG_6402.thumb.jpg.025cc42cf18b4394643adef4e4e35a59.jpg

What a darling dynamic duo!

33 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

DH was told to NOT wear compression in bed. Only during the day. He does have his feet elevated at night.

Me too.  I can't have my feet elevated at night because I never wake up in the same position that I went to bed in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sgmn said:

Aqua aerobics is a good non impact cardio workout. I try to fo a class 3 times a week and finish off with some lengths 

My retired friend started going to Aqua Aerobics a few years ago.  Everyone in the classes got on so well, they started walking together once a week, then the Aqua teacher suggested a holiday together as a group. They first went to Sri Lanka.  It was a success, so the following year they went to Greece.  That was a success and this year they are in Croatia.  They continue to do Aqua, walks, and now group visits to Art Galleries etc between yearly holidays.

• Like 10

Just now, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Glad you are ok now and the pain from the injection site has eased.

I love bananas.  Take to work for morning tea.  Slice them up with strawberries and kiwi fruit for dessert.  My dad loves them sliced and served with cold vanilla custard from the fridge for dessert. 

Sounds good. I like sliced in a bowl with a little sugar sprinkled on top.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I was so looking forward to cruising with her in less than 2 weeks. Incidentally, while doing her annual check up, a "spot" was found in one of her lungs. A CT was performed, but it was inconclusive.... Waiting for the results of a bronchoscopy tomorrow.

I have my fingers crossed that she'd not be forced to cancel the cruise 😢

That is not the news you want to hear.  Best wishes for your friend’s results.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

About the portal to access reports.....Some practitioners do not let their patients access reports till they follow up with them or till they (the Dr) have read the report and allowed access. IMHO Stupid to the core but they say that patients start googling their numbers and come armed with a million questions if they have read their reports before their followup after the test. I do not support this and believe that patients should have all time access to their reports.

I can't tell you how many patients have come into the office scared out of their minds, needlessly, because they had access to results, even before I've seen them, and had no idea how to properly interpret what they are seeing. Sometime I need some time to digest results and figure out how I want to present the information. 

So what is stupid to the core to you is not to me.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you! Yes Linda was extremely worried. I do like bananas I just don’t eat them often. I guess they will now be a part of my morning routine. Knee is better and Linda saw the hand doctor yesterday and he was quite pleased. She know doesn’t have to wear a brace and can start physical therapy in a couple of weeks.

Tomatoes actually have more potassium that bananas, so you could always add in some low-sodium V8. (I have BP issues also, no matter what I weigh.)

So glad Linda’s hand is doing well! And your knee - that’s great!!

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Tomatoes actually have more potassium that bananas, so you could always add in some low-sodium V8. (I have BP issues also, no matter what I weigh.)

That’s great news I love V8. I’ll get the low sodium which I’ve had before. I am still partial to the regular V8

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mo&fran said:

I was wondering about next October, so I went online, and one of my favorite ships in scheduled for 7 day cruises again, good old Freedom.  (as in of the Seas)  .  Very nice price. Thanks, Ken. Another 4 weeks. And looking  into the following January, looks like some interesting choices out of FLL.  Might just look into those as well.

I don't usually book that far ahead, but the very best buy I ever got was a cruise booked well ahead that I knew I would really want to do. That cruise was the one where Explorer left Bayonne to make room for Quantum.  

Funny to see Anthem leaving for Asia with Odyssey replacing it in NJ.

We were on that cruise and remember the rogue wave and the life boat falling. We may have met you then. Looking forward to meeting you again. Are you booked on Bella 2?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We don’t order dessert often but our favorite restaurant has a decadent bananas Forster which we will order occasionally. Just returned from the movies , highly recommended seeing Oppenheimer fantastic movie with a great cast , the theater offered Bloody Mary’s with Tito for only 5 dollars , of course I needed to spike that up so I brought a small water bottle of vodka to enhance my drinks.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't tell you how many patients have come into the office scared out of their minds, needlessly, because they had access to results, even before I've seen them, and had no idea how to properly interpret what they are seeing. Sometime I need some time to digest results and figure out how I want to present the information. 

So what is stupid to the core to you is not to me.

True, but not all doctors think the same. You have to think from the other point of view. Every doctor is different. Every patient is different and every circumstance is different.

Many professionals are trained to step into the patients' shoes, the patient who is going crazy that their report is not there because there is something bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sea Dog Glad you are ok now and the pain from the injection site has eased.

I love bananas.  Take to work for morning tea.  Slice them up with strawberries and kiwi fruit for dessert.  My dad loves them sliced and served with cold vanilla custard from the fridge for dessert. 

That sounds delish. Fruit with Greek yogurt is my favorite dessert. Will have to try with custard.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We get Charlie’s reports before his doctors sometimes!  Not always a good thing.  When he was in Manhattan I followed him through all his test results.  One time an MRI seemed concerning but the doctor went through it and explained some of the things that We weren’t sure about.  Sometimes we 

worry about things that are normal.  I still like having the reports however.

I never sign up for the ability to read test results.Even though Toby and I have the capability of understanding what would be in the report we rely on our doctors to give us the results.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

We were on that cruise and remember the rogue wave and the life boat falling. We may have met you then. Looking forward to meeting you again. Are you booked on Bella 2?

I usually only cruise out of FLL, it is an hour away from where I live. So, i have no plans.

• Like 4

As promised the pictures of the wedding shawl.  I am a tad tired.  We have 130 give or take patients at the refuge and a batch of new interns.  I got there at 9 and left at 5:30 with a 15 min. lunch.  I feel old now.  Sigh.

Resized_20230817_163418.thumb.jpeg.987bb62d4b75b291c864deb7b7784a80.jpeg

Resized_20230817_163455.thumb.jpeg.d4d61dde9e1216084ef6183913747d31.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 3