Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Your weekly entertainment.

Thanks. 2nd time is a charm.  When I clicked into the thread the first time the other day, I didn't have much interest.  Perhaps my A.D.D kicked in & I was put-off by the long winded first post or maybe the "dual personality" of the OP or whatever but I don't think I read more than the first page.

This time, much more enjoyable. I guess I need to be in the right frame of mind. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

How about Donnie Baseball taking over the Yankees ?

I would love to see him come back the Yankees. I wished they had offered him the head coaching position back in 2007 instead of Joe Giriadi. I've always wondered if there was some behind the scenes bad blood.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

After reading the weeks drama threads I have come to the conclusion that a certain poster has too many opinions and just likes arguing.🙂

I can think of a few people this applies to but there is a certain Bickering aNd Disruptive person that jumps to mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

14 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Which thread please?  I can’t find this topic when I search the board.

Renaming the Diamond Lounge. 

And possible  merging of Loyalty programs.  No "real" information given but plenty of speculation as to what it may mean to both programs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

John, that is very frustrating not getting what you needed,  I am sorry for that.

The charger that RC found and brought to us seems to be working.  It is a challenge with the control on the right side.  I have already ran over our Solo cruiser's toes and hit into some chairs.  Although I am not getting what I want I am content.   Life is better when we can be content.  It's a blessing just to get out on a cruise. 

We were hanging out in the Solarium hot tube where I met another person from the area I grew up in Ohio.  It was fun talking with him.  When I went to leave I couldn't get out of the Hot tube! My new friend and a couple more others came over and helped me out!  So many kind people. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I can think of a few people this applies to but there is a certain Bickering aNd Disruptive person that jumps to mind.

There are definitely some Really coMbative People

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

26 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The charger that RC found and brought to us seems to be working.  It is a challenge with the control on the right side.  I have already ran over our Solo cruiser's toes and hit into some chairs.  Although I am not getting what I want I am content.   Life is better when we can be content.  It's a blessing just to get out on a cruise. 

We were hanging out in the Solarium hot tube where I met another person from the area I grew up in Ohio.  It was fun talking with him.  When I went to leave I couldn't get out of the Hot tube! My new friend and a couple more others came over and helped me out!  So many kind people. 

So sorry that you have to deal with all the mishaps, especially so early in the trip. It can set a really bad tone for the cruise. But you have a great attitude, love your outlook.  Nice to see so many helping out out. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

OMG I am totally with you on that bickering !!!!!!
As for their partner  ....... reminds me of that photo that Andrew, OB and Greg were thinking could be Rick's posting. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

OMG I am totally with you on that bickering !!!!!!
As for their partner  ....... reminds me of that photo that Andrew, OB and Greg were thinking could be Rick's posting. 🤣🤣

I've never seen the picture but heard so much talk of it, I can envision it in my minds eye 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, Momof3gurlz said:

I just finished a good one.  Mission Flats by William Landay. He also wrote Defending Jacob which is also good.  

@Momof3gurlz Thanks for this recommendation. I actually started with his most recent book, All That Is Mine I Carry With Me.  It was excellent. Now I will read some of the older ones. 

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I would love to see him come back the Yankees. I wished they had offered him the head coaching position back in 2007 instead of Joe Giriadi. I've always wondered if there was some behind the scenes bad blood.

My friends who are Yankee fans never liked Gerardi.

DH next "hurdle" will be on Oct 10th. He's slightly better and I'm optimistic, still think that the aspirin was the "mother of all the bad symptoms".

Looking at some of our pics from Amsterdam -- I'm amazed at the sheer "quantity" of cyclers (huge "parking" lots allocated for them). And I admire them for that ---

PXL_20230918_094535035.thumb.jpg.4076b639952eb378e9cfc88b63795ff2.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.c86c9b3ff9af6d743cdcc25b827ebd26.jpeg

I really don't know how you can find yours... but, then, I remember the movie about the imperial penguins, how one is able to find his "wife" among thousands of them, so...may be this one is the answer 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.d7960b91f35ddfed0691803029b6f98f.jpeg

Random pics --

image.thumb.jpeg.4147cb373889423802f143e7572879eb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5f888e28de3cc95c40d05019a60ce499.jpeg

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 30

Rotterdam -- interesting architecture, and, yes, people live in those "cubes" and we visited one.... It was the only place we got "senior rate".

image.thumb.jpeg.db742fa6cb42096b8f1947b4102d5d1b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e1b9da436cc3f5a3314b51cb0903c392.jpeg

PXL_20230919_101021291.thumb.jpg.d81bd18de485ee987956c7fc84e9a5f5.jpg

Surprised to find that there are no "senior rates" at any museum in Holland. Moreover, almost all the booking has to be made quite ahead (DS1 didn't find available tickets for Van Gogh or Rijksmuseum...), and cash is also not accepted at the ones where you can just "show up"...

Den Haag -- The interior of Escher museum.

image.thumb.jpeg.57da82564f7b93ccebb4da1f90a333c1.jpeg

and an interesting statue 

image.thumb.jpeg.9bf2e7f9c8f70f6d0822428bb0503969.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I suspect your wife would be doing fine even without the Paxlovid.... just my opinion.

I didn't take anything except paracetamol for my early August bout of covid. It wasn't too bad, but I've got a lingering cough which I can't shake. 

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

The charger that RC found and brought to us seems to be working.  It is a challenge with the control on the right side.  I have already ran over our Solo cruiser's toes and hit into some chairs. 

Great to hear about the charger.  I am guessing that Sharon and your friends are giving you a wide berth when walking together.

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Awesome! sounds like things are on the right track now!

• Like 1

My cancer treatments are now complete.  Currently still not eating since my throat is still swollen shut, but that seems to going down quickly, I actually had some pudding by mouth this morning. And I actually able to talk a little.

My goal now to is to eat a complete meal by mouth. And get rid of the feeding tube in my stomach.

Sailing on 10/14 now is looking doable.

Which is also my 80th birthday. 

• Like 35
  • Thanks 4