Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Dani @dani negreanu.

Watching breaking news in the UK and thinking of you and your family.

Prayers 🙏 for your safety.

Take care.

Graham 

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Oh my gosh. What an absolutely horrible thing to wake up to. Stay safe Dani. 

33 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

+1 @dani negreanu Dani..    Adding our prayers for your safety. 

@grapau27  @Coralc  @h20skibum

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Thank you. We're OK for now, and I'm glad that our grands are not in Israel anymore....

Woke up at 6.30AM to the "tune" of sirens alerting missile attack. DH, who doesn't wear his hearing aids when sleeping, was blissfully unaware. Woke him up and we rushed to our shelter room.

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....

The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

The worst scenario all over again, but 50 years ago we had the "buffer" of the Sinai Peninsula, and the first victims were soldiers.

Now "they" crossed the frontier straight into civilian cities and settlements....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 19

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Thank you. We're OK for now, and I'm glad that our grands are not in Israel anymore....

Woke up at 6.30AM to the "tune" of sirens alerting missile attack. DH, who doesn't wear his hearing aids when sleeping, was blissfully unaware. Woke him up and we rushed to our shelter room.

Having a "deja vu" -- 50 years and one day ago, a Saturday, the holiest day in the Jewish calendar....

The Yom Kippur war started. DH, as a reservist, was drafted for 6 months !!! We were married less than 9 months. I moved back to my parents.

The worst scenario all over again, but 50 years ago we had the "buffer" of the Sinai Peninsula, and the first victims were soldiers.

Now "they" crossed the frontier straight into civilian cities and settlements....

I saw Graham’s post and turned on my tv.  Oh how scary it all looks.  Horrible and chaotic scenes.  Stay safe Dani, praying for peace in the region  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Dynjandi in Isafjordur, Iceland

Look at the dark cloud that is a little above the left of the church.  What do you see?  The shape of a church.  Church in the Sky.  That is spooky to me

Have you read Burial Rights by Hannah Kent?  Fiction story of the last woman hanged in Iceland.  These Iceland photos brought that book back to my mind.

All your holiday photos are stunning.  Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

Followed up the climb with lunch at a cafe in the area.  Normally this cafe is fully booked on a weekend but due to a large rally today against wind farms being installed in this beautiful area, there were more birds than diners…(I had no idea about the birds.  I just knew the food was good and the views are lovely)

17D8D794-649B-4267-8FFA-47481309C1CD.thumb.jpeg.e1835f8bc5acf99c8df1dd7ba05793ff.jpeg

CB8E7B18-352B-4992-B96B-E4889DB0D182.thumb.jpeg.d79d6009b9313b656e2fa393a162445a.jpeg

685FC4B7-B47E-491D-AF9B-FBBD93290D8C.thumb.jpeg.25870ba6819ddaa77a9bfe74a8f28765.jpeg

7B21CDDC-159E-45E1-9201-6F7809710DEA.thumb.jpeg.8cc128aac14c96dbfec25024a46c79e5.jpeg

580022D7-4979-42A0-91DA-44942F159C92.thumb.jpeg.4e99262a1219f0f424f26f61dfbda8b9.jpeg

This was next to every table1811D04E-91C8-4226-9477-5930009EAF9E.thumb.jpeg.2125d83798da9531bf4e9065766bfec1.jpeg

And if the waitress wasn’t quick enough after patrons left…

D18F1CBA-DF0D-4E2B-B012-7815CE2B16DA.thumb.jpeg.b3d9464a7e5e1b2615a36d76734c77f5.jpeg

• Like 17

After lunch we went to a photo exhibition that a friend who lives in the area was exhibiting in.  Beautiful photos.  Then we had afternoon tea in a cafe overlooking her local beach & watched the camel trains along the beach & she showed us where the brand new 20km coastal walk has been developed.  A walk we plan to do in the future.4BAAB5F3-216F-4DF9-94BB-82280FE223A8.thumb.jpeg.c6990ab2c4b67f02155a1d5cdc682fdb.jpeg

New lookout at the end of the coastal walk236101B4-A2AD-4F97-9E87-F306C2A3604A.thumb.jpeg.b894a680347c165444251612e5ebaca8.jpeg

pretty native flowers at the cafeC14B497E-D01B-404E-82E2-BAC3AD1C990C.thumb.jpeg.3b429b375d16d85c067eeb3ce9f03fed.jpeg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We are in San Diego waiting to board Radiance in the a.m.  

we too k the Radiance through the Panama canal in April, loved the cruise and how relaxing it was.  First time in a Radiance class and really enjoyed it.  Have fun

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Graham, Patti & Mark,

Stay safe Dani!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

I saw Graham’s post and turned on my tv.  Oh how scary it all looks.  Horrible and chaotic scenes.  Stay safe Dani, praying for peace in the region  

+1.   I just read news online.   Just horrible to see this happening.   @dani negreanu stay safe and prayers for your family.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, OB.  I am most interested in the Tower of London and plan on spending a lot of time there!  

London has been on my bucket list for a very long time, we've had to cancel plans to get there 3 times in the past.  The last time it was 2020, trip canceled due to Covid;  Venice trip in 2021 canceled for same reason...

The Tower of London is definitely a must see.  I'd also highly recommend adding a Verger guided tour of Westminster Abby to your itinerary.  The Abby has incredible history and the Verger will tell stories and take you places that the general public can't go, like the tomb of Edward the Confessor.  It felt strange to me to be standing within inches of the burial place of so many famous kings and queens.  St. Paul's Cathedral was also great, especially the dome if you can physically handle all of the stairs.  If I had to choose just one though, I'd go for Westminster Abby.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Jimbo said:

@Momof3gurlz curious as to what the temps are like at all the ports you have been at at this time of the year?

Mostly 77 to 81. Our two hottest days were in Rome - 84.  We haven’t had a drop of rain, sunny or partly cloudy every day. 

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Stomach issues have returned. Severe cramping. Went to doctors and got same abdomen x-rays. He thinks I have a bad stomach virus. I was feeling better but ate a regular breakfast this morning and it blew up on me again. Not to be gross but we think my lymph nodes in my left side groin have gotten inflamed as that’s where it is most painful. No meds for a virus just rest and bland foods. I need for this to go sway I have a cruise in two weeks.

Greg, please take it easy and take care of yourself! 

@dani negreanu prayers for the continued safety of you and your family

@DaniDanielle prayers for Charlie, too!

@grapau27 I know I’m late but happy engagement anniversary to you and Pauline. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

We are off the ship and headed to the airport.   From leaving the room to getting in our Lyft took about 20 minutes!  Most of that time was on the elevator.   We had to go up to get down.  Our airplane boarding time was moved up but it looks like we will make it easy. 

• Like 15

49 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Tower of London is definitely a must see.  I'd also highly recommend adding a Verger guided tour of Westminster Abby to your itinerary.  The Abby has incredible history and the Verger will tell stories and take you places that the general public can't go, like the tomb of Edward the Confessor.  It felt strange to me to be standing within inches of the burial place of so many famous kings and queens.  St. Paul's Cathedral was also great, especially the dome if you can physically handle all of the stairs.  If I had to choose just one though, I'd go for Westminster Abby.  

The Abbey was so much more interesting than I ever thought it would be. And I agree, it felt strange to be so close to kings and queens. I especially felt it near Elizabeth I.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are off the ship and headed to the airport.   From leaving the room to getting in our Lyft took about 20 minutes!  Most of that time was on the elevator.   We had to go up to get down.  Our airplane boarding time was moved up but it looks like we will make it easy. 

Geez, I feel like your cruise just started and now it's over all ready. 😞

• Like 2