Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@HBE4 You were talking about Leonard and what he might do when he experiences snow. I just looked at the funniest compilation of photos today with cat prints in the snow, leading out of the house and circling quickly back to the door. It is called, "The Circle of Nope". 😃 "I am not going out in the snow. "

Google has it easily, but I am not going to post the link. It is kind of click baity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had King Tides last week that lightly flooded SF waterfront. Is that just from rain? It looks awful. 

I'm not sure if any of it is seawater or all rain. I know there are buildings on the ocean side of the street that the sea came into. Most houses are built on stilts but many businesses are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:53 PM, HBE4 said:

Crazy rain & wind here last night & early morning.  Finally calmed down the past hour.  Fortunately never lost power & just a few small branches down & a very soggy yard. 

Calm skies should be coming your way in a few hours. Along with colder air. Temps already dropping from a 61 F high this morning to low 30s by tomorrow morning 

Son and partner flew back from NY on Sunday night. I was worried the bad weather on the east coast might delay them but they left on time.

We've had an awful lot of grandparent duties this week and last. Today collecting Isaac to take to the navity service at our church. My other DIL is also going with our youngest grandson. 

They've both got sheep onesie's to wear 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Son and partner flew back from NY on Sunday night. I was worried the bad weather on the east coast might delay them but they left on time.

We've had an awful lot of grandparent duties this week and last. Today collecting Isaac to take to the navity service at our church. My other DIL is also going with our youngest grandson. 

Good that your son & partner’s flights  weren’t impacted by the weather.  Your grandsons will look adorable in their sheep onesies.

Edited by aussielozzie18

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F and cloudy here at 09.25am.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a great day.

We are expecting temps in the high 40s today with sunny skies.   Everyone needs to dry out after all the rain and flooding.

Have a great day and best wishes to Paulines friends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, George C said:

What is everyone streaming, I caught up with Reacher just 3 episodes, I did read the book which wasn’t in New York as much . Just started Fargo which I always enjoy (season 5) I like watching it on Hulu since it drops the commercials. 

We started watching Lawmen: Bass Reeves while waiting for the next Reacher episode.  Taylor Sheridan (Yellowstone) is one of the producers and it definitely has his style.  We're really enjoying it.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

How many flamingos?  I assume they are inflatable?  My “kids” would have loved to have come home to this 🦩🎄

There are 12 flamingos, made of plastic.  Jim said it made him smile as he looked outside this morning.😊

and, he's always loved flamingos.  He's been given a gift or two of pictures, etc. in the past, so this was perfect!  Our grandson Jack was in his apartment with several friends, and I burst into his living room and announced that we had been flocked.  They all looked at me and asked what that meant, so I told them to just go out in front of the house and see.  Everyone just loved it, and it was for a good cause as a fundraiser in town.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure if any of it is seawater or all rain. I know there are buildings on the ocean side of the street that the sea came into. Most houses are built on stilts but many businesses are not.

It's awful.  I saw on the news how the entire first floor of a house in NJ has been flooded.  I'm sure there are countless homes throughout the East in this same predicament.😔

On 12/13/2023 at 10:56 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

We will be away 8 weeks February and March and will miss our little dog terribly.  She stays with our DD who loves her too. I know she’ll be well cared for.  We couldn’t do it if we had to board her.  It’d be too hard on her.

I wanted to wait until after our retirement travel was done to get another dog but DH won.  She’s precious and we love her but it does hamper travel. 

We are the same. We just lost one in November and we were devastated and said never again.  That lasted 3 weeks we caved. Meet Lola.

IMG_1932.png

• Like 29

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

What a wonderful time of the year going to enjoy the Nativity service with your grands.  I remember many years of driving to Connecticut to see our grandchildren dressed as angels for their Church Nativity.  It's so beautiful!  Our Church does the same here at our Christmas Eve Service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 46°F and cloudy here at 09.25am.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a great day.

Good morning Graham;  or I should say good afternoon!  It is sunny this morning, but 27 degrees with a feel of 19.  Have a wonderful day, and stay warm!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, #55worktoplay said:

We are the same. We just lost one in November and we were devastated and said never again.  That lasted 3 weeks we caved. Meet Lola.

IMG_1932.png

Congratulations on your new addition to your family!  She is beautiful!  Just in time for Christmas!🎄 We have a Lola also in our household;  she is a rescue dog who originated in Alabama.  She will more than likely see her first snowstorm by next month.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, akcruz said:

A picture that was on a local page after the storm went through here.  This homeowner has it figured out, kinda.  The area they are in floods with any heavy rain.

FB_IMG_1703080114499.jpg.32fddfa7d04d99680b096f09b3732610.jpg

I can't imagine having to live like that, but sometimes it's what you have to live with.  At least they have it figured out.  When life gives you lemons and you make some lemonade.

• Like 3