Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

They did up our speed to around 20 knots, when we had the port change from Labadee to Nassau.  Guess they had to make that port by a specific time.  

Were you able to have your Labadee stop?

Safe travels back to SFO.  Our family is still at the beach house, and they don’t fly out till mid week. 

Thanks. Safe travels for your family as well.

We'll be here at the airport for few hours before the long flight home.  

Yeah, we made it to Labadee. 

Tried to upload few mooring line pics from Labadee as that was the only port on our sailing you can walk up to take the pictures but CC software keeps rotating my portrait pictures sideways so can't do that until getting home.

20231229_112747.thumb.jpg.e6ea388ee017429ea2a447edc5609404.jpg

20231229_164151.thumb.jpg.63319137eaad1269ed095232779abfe6.jpg

20231229_165836.thumb.jpg.a0885fe2fe0c32dec98199c02866c798.jpg

20231229_090531.thumb.jpg.514d3721419de09a1d9916b6ef133580.jpg

20231229_105404.thumb.jpg.41b39349c284f1fb0b257c55ced20511.jpg

20231229_112743.thumb.jpg.75ffcdf484930501bb7727143e2f3662.jpg

20231229_112206.thumb.jpg.25a7e2cd8fa2b06df68aff2b03bc0332.jpg

Very crowded ship as it's Christmas sailing. It was over 5,250 on the Odyssey, which is over 125% of double occupancy. Tons of kids and families. Many large groups of 10+ people. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I've been offline since my Chromebook and computer has been packed for our trip to Naples   Jim and I arrived here Friday afternoon, exhausted from not the best trip ever.  Our Internet is not working,so I have to use my phone.  I know I missed so very much on here.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well as any celebrations.

@Sunshine3601Debbie I am so sorry for your SIL's family.  How awful for them all.

Oh no, sorry to hear about the drive to Naples from NJ not going well.  I was wondering when you would be back on. I figured you were getting settled and visiting with neighbors you haven't seen since last Spring.     We had a very nice Christmas.   Hope you did too!

It is very sad for her Mother.   The loss of two of her three children in the last 15 months has hit her hard.   Linda says she is very sad/depressed and hardly eating.    Which is not good either.   

Here's hoping 2024 is better for Everyone!     

Happy New Year  Cheers 🍾

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Try this.

Load the portrait pic into your editor,  rotate it 360⁰, save it, and now post it to CC.  This usually fix it.

Thanks for the tip.

Boarding the plane soon. Will work on it after I get home.

Don't think this plane is going to SF 

20231231_145631.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

We are extremely happy , went to the sports bar that is the official Buffalo Bills fan club, 90 percent of the customers are wearing some Buffalo Bills shirts or hats or pants or all three. This was first time we got there early enough to get bar seats over a dozen TVs , almost all on the Bills game , but a couple on miami, fish lost badly to ravens and Bills won after a bad start . So bills vs Miami for the afc east title next weekend. Bar also had some great buffalo wings 😁 and a great bar staff.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, George C said:

We are extremely happy , went to the sports bar that is the official Buffalo Bills fan club, 90 percent of the customers are wearing some Buffalo Bills shirts or hats or pants or all three. This was first time we got there early enough to get bar seats over a dozen TVs , almost all on the Bills game , but a couple on miami, fish lost badly to ravens and Bills won after a bad start . So bills vs Miami for the afc east title next weekend. Bar also had some great buffalo wings 😁 and a great bar staff.

Got to watch my Eagles at Home but wish I hadn't seen it now. 😞  The Eagles are playing terrible. They will be one and done foe sure when the playoffs start. Very Disappointing!

Scored 31 points today, a good Playoff team ought to win games scoring 31 points but their Defense Sucks this year !

I called my Sister up  in NJ and we used Facebook Calling for me to see the game, pointing her lap top at her TV In NJ. Not the greatest picture but I could see and hear what was going on.

Watched the game on my desk top Computer Monitor.

20231231_141132.jpg

20231231_141140.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Let's cut and paste from a year ago....😉

🎄Wishing you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year  🎄

And some happy anniversaries to boot ---

@A&L_Ont Andrew -- Happy Birthday

@Luckynana Maryann - Happy Birthday to your granddaughter 

@Arzeena - Arzeena - Happy Birthday to your daughter

@NHProud - Judy & Steve, Best wishes on your 57th wedding anniversary

And another heartfelt thanks to you Dani for bringing us all together!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A very quiet New Year’s Eve for us here in RI.  Chili is on the menu along with a new recipe for chicken wings. They’re brined in sweet tea, then baked with a dry spice mix.  Currently watching a little football and later we’ll watch a few episodes of Suits which we just started.  Tomorrow we’ll have dinner at Jess & Sam’s house.  

I wish you all a Happy New Year🍾!!

• Like 13

I assume that nobody who posts here will be in Times Square tonight to see 2024 come in .In my humble opinion it is something to be done at least once in your life.

I was there on December 31,1962 and it was a fantastic experience .

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Happy New Year  to Dani and all her friends here on CC.  Quiet night here for us.  Went put earlier for happy hour but will be an early night as Jim is golfing in a charity tournament in the morning.  Wishing health and happiness to all in 2024 🥂🎉.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 7

It is a very different world now, Len. And way too crowded for us. We will watch on TV. Jeremy Renner is supposed to make an appearance with Anderson Cooper. He has made an amazing recovery in just a year from his horrific snowplow accident. 

Our neighbors went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade a few years ago. Same stringent security measures. They watched for a while, and then went back to their hotel to watch it from the hotel and on TV. (With a bathroom. And heat. And adult beverages.) ☺️

Happy New Year to everyone!🎆

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 11

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume that nobody who posts here will be in Times Square tonight to see 2024 come in .In my humble opinion it is something to be done at least once in your life.

I was there on December 31,1962 and it was a fantastic experience .

No way:

Too cold

Not wearing a diaper

Not staying up that late

Not crazy about big crowds

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It is a very different world now, Len. And way too crowded for us. We will watch on TV. Jeremy Renner is supposed to make an appearance with Anderson Cooper. He has made an amazing recovery in just a year from his horrific snowplow accident. 

Our neighbors went to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade a few years ago. Same stringent security measures. They watched for a while, and then went back to their hotel to watch it from the hotel and on TV. (With a bathroom. And heat. And adult beverages.) ☺️

Happy New Year to everyone!🎆

I agree that it is a different world now but for me it was a once in a lifetime experience .For some reason nearly all of my friends who lived in NY in 1962 moved to Northern California and are still there.

• Like 2

Happy New Year to Everyone!   May the new year bring you and your families Peace, Joy and Happiness. 

image.png.37bd205f8f5210a2fa6a1fba9451b9a1.png

Doubt we will make it till midnight.   We are having Kraken rum punches.   We have been hearing fireworks for the last 1/2 hr.   Not sure if a local person or a township but they are going pretty strong.

Cheers to All🍾

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

57 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is 41 degrees now .When I was there it was much colder.

It is 46 right now and no way would I go stand around outside.  Sitting next to the fire knitting is perfect.

• Like 5

Best wishes for a Happy and Healthy and Peaceful New Year to @dani negreanu and all who follow this thread. And thanks again to Dani for starting this thread that has evolved into a “Family of Friends” from all over the world. 💞

IMG_4091.thumb.jpg.9bab8b48c118e96ea392dcc34a5097fb.jpg

This is a photocopy of the Christmas card that we sent out this year.  Considering all the ongoing conflicts in our world, I really liked this sentiment, so I wanted to share it with all of you, too.

IMG_4092.thumb.jpg.c74b70a35417b58dbde2927e3ca69e12.jpg

❤️ Sue

Edited by CrzLvr2
😯I'm sorry the images are so large. I tried to edit them to make them smaller, but I couldn't.
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy New Year to Everyone!   May the new year bring you and your families Peace, Joy and Happiness. 

image.png.37bd205f8f5210a2fa6a1fba9451b9a1.png

Doubt we will make it till midnight.   We are having Kraken rum punches.   We have been hearing fireworks for the last 1/2 hr.   Not sure if a local person or a township but they are going pretty strong.

Cheers to All🍾

No fireworks here yet which is a surprise.