Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I’m back to my hotel from the hospital. Mom’s doing welll all things considered.  She might be discharged tomorrow or maybe Sunday. YTD

On the drive back there was some thunder snow. I’ve not seen any in a few years. I got some dinner from a restaurant around the corner.  Now just watching the movie Speed.  Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are babies. 

A quick example of my driving/walking fun tonight.  I gave a shoutout to a friend in Miami, so don’t be surprised to hear it. 

• Like 12

30 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’m back to my hotel from the hospital. Mom’s doing welll all things considered.  She might be discharged tomorrow or maybe Sunday. YTD

On the drive back there was some thunder snow. I’ve not seen any in a few years. I got some dinner from a restaurant around the corner.  Now just watching the movie Speed.  Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves are babies. 

A quick example of my driving/walking fun tonight.  I gave a shoutout to a friend in Miami, so don’t be surprised to hear it. 

Good news about your mom! Give her my best from Sea Dog. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD’s resort in BC was closed to all outdoor activities yesterday due to the extreme cold temperatures.  

Seeing the photos & videos  of the icebergs & whales from the WC cruise in Antarctica is amazing.  Putting Antarctica back in my bucket list…

Gary was telling me today that his friends in Edmonton posted that's it's  -40c there at mo 🥶

• Like 2

11 hours ago, George C said:

Weekend football should be interesting KC host Miami and will be zero degrees with wind chill -40. (Need peacock to watch the game)

If you want a part time job Buffalo will pay 20 a hour to shovel snow from stadium 

Those should be interesting. They are forecasting 1-3 feet of snow and 65 mph wind gusts for the Bills Steelers game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Great news about your mum's op going so well. 👍 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And everyone of us who live here knows it's the truth. 

Did you see the video of the Penguins swimming, never knew they could swim just like dolphins. Thought penguins were really slow swimmers, but they are not. Looked like flying fish !

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Those should be interesting. They are forecasting 1-3 feet of snow and 65 mph wind gusts for the Bills Steelers game

That's going to be rough for the fans and players there. Thankfully most if not all of that snow should have fallen already before the game starts so all they have to deal with is the cold and wind.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Did you see the video of the Penguins swimming, never knew they could swim just like dolphins. Thought penguins were really slow swimmers, but they are not. Looked like flying fish !

They actually "fly" in the water.  

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Mystic Aquarium in CT has penguins. Those guys are like little torpedoes going through the water!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Good news about your mom! Give her my best from Sea Dog. 

Are you and your puppies ready for the below zero temperature tonight? Many people say Miami as a snowballs chamfer in hell to win in this weather.

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The Bills fans are used to terrible winter weather, there is no way I would be interested in attending that game (unless in a suite)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Field goals should be a challenge. 

Remember the 60's and 70s when almost all games were outside. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@lenquixote66 you were complaining recently about movies that are located in one place but actually filmed in a completely different location.  Last night, I watched The Proposal - set in Sitka, Alaska but actually filmed in Rockport, Massachusetts.  Beautiful scenery nonetheless.

A few years ago I saw a movie supposedly taking place in the Bushwick section of NY and much to my surprise it was filmed in Bushwick.However,the two main characters were on a train and got off at a station supposedly in Bushwick but in actuality it was about 10 miles from Bushwick.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I do not follow football but the son of one of my friends was an NFL QB and I tried to watch every game he played it that was televised.

The Governor of NY has been trying to get the game postponed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

Are you and your puppies ready for the below zero temperature tonight? Many people say Miami as a snowballs chamfer in hell to win in this weather.

The Bills fans are used to terrible winter weather, there is no way I would be interested in attending that game (unless in a suite)

I love being retired as normally I would be working that game. I remember shooting video from the sidelines in cold weather like this. It’s not fun at all. Brutal. I will enjoy (hopefully) the game curled up on the couch with my heated blanket, puppies on my lap, and a fire in the fireplace. The only thing ice cold will be the beer in my hand. I think it will be a low scoring affair. As bad as the Chiefs receivers are for holding onto the ball it will be even harder tonight. The Chiefs have been practicing all week outside to prepare for the cold. Tyrek should be fine for the Dolphins as he is used to this weather from his playing days with the Chiefs. I’ve got friends who have season tickets. They are die hards and it will be interesting to hear from them what the conditions are like. No way would I ever go to a game when it’s this cold.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love being retired as normally I would be working that game. I remember shooting video from the sidelines in cold weather like this. It’s not fun at all. Brutal. I will enjoy (hopefully) the game curled up on the couch with my heated blanket, puppies on my lap, and a fire in the fireplace. The only thing ice cold will be the beer in my hand. I think it will be a low scoring affair. As bad as the Chiefs receivers are for holding onto the ball it will be even harder tonight. The Chiefs have been practicing all week outside to prepare for the cold. Tyrek should be fine for the Dolphins as he is used to this weather from his playing days with the Chiefs. I’ve got friends who have season tickets. They are die hards and it will be interesting to hear from them what the conditions are like. No way would I ever go to a game when it’s this cold.

Maybe you should send some pics of you enjoying the game all nice and warm to your friends working the sidelines. 😆 It might warm them up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Maybe you should send some pics of you enjoying the game all nice and warm to your friends working the sidelines. 😆 It might warm them up!

Knowing them they would reply with a photo of them holding up one finger Chiefs number one???😉

• Haha 7

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Buffalo game was just postponed to Monday.Methinks Kathy will not be re-elected.

The 2 games today should have been changed too Chiefs/Steelers game at 1pm and Houston Texans/ Browns game should have been a 8pm Night game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Glad your mom is doing better & the best time to drive in the snow is when there are no other cars on the road. 

• Like 2