Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yeah, we have the same problem here looking for shade to get out of the heat.... 18°F.

🥶 The  temperature here reached  37-40C in the mid afternoon depending on which part of the Sydney you were in). We made a smart move doing the bushwalk early that’s for sure.  Then we had to wait til 10.30pm for the Southerly Buster to come roaring through to bring the temps down &it  brought down trees with it too, in some parts of Sydney.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy Heinz Anniversary.  #57

Don’t know if they still do it, but if you sent a copy of your marriage certificate and a letter signed by husband and wife, to Heinz, they would send you a gift.  My parents got one when they had theit 57th. 

Thank you.I never heard that before.Many years ago I recall if you reached a certain birthday and sent proof of it to the sitting US President you received a birthday card from the White House “signed” by the President.My father had one from Nixon but I do not think it was an original signature.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.I never heard that before.Many years ago I recall if you reached a certain birthday and sent proof of it to the sitting US President you received a birthday card from the White House “signed” by the President.My father had one from Nixon but I do not think it was an original signature.

The White House did them for 50th anniversary and for 80th birthdays.   My parents got both. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The White House did them for 50th anniversary and for 80th birthdays.   My parents got both. 

My father passed away in 1981 at age 85.When he was 80,Ford was President .His card came from Nixon.I don’t recall how or why he got it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thank you.I never heard that before.Many years ago I recall if you reached a certain birthday and sent proof of it to the sitting US President you received a birthday card from the White House “signed” by the President. My father had one from Nixon but I do not think it was an original signature.

My great grandmother received a telegram from Lyndon B. Johnson on her 100th birthday in 1963.  

100thBirthdaywishesfromthePresidentx.thumb.jpg.9338c358e3abdb322a0682fa679908b6.jpg

On her 104th (and final) birthday she just got an impersonal card.

104thBirthdaywishesfromthePresident.thumb.jpg.09a9ec8c7f9547e685316e9d2a70bc4f.jpg

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Todays dinner

Pork roast 

Baked potatoes 

Baked onions

Cauliflower home made cheese sauce 

Salad

Yummy 

IMG_0123.thumb.jpeg.37d27489d913fdb7d896e5296a09dbb3.jpeg

Sue, this looks amazing. 

BBQ chops in our house tonight. 

IMG_3450.thumb.jpeg.78d7ffb0bb7e78e2353fd96cbe20c0e7.jpeg

• Like 5

Anyone who wonders about where Lucy really wants to escape into, it’s the big barn.  Sometimes she sneaks in and other times we let her in.  I let her in today for a couple hours while I blew snow. 

A world of excitement in here.  A mousers paradise. 

IMG_3444.thumb.jpeg.00cd687c4d686fc5b9a381dc5c1aeefc.jpeg

When I got back it took a bit of time for her to respond to my calls. Where are you Lucy?  There you are. 

IMG_3445.thumb.jpeg.cc0137c9f8b44d13f45b2e528a3b0353.jpeg

It’s like I have to tell her what direction she has to go. She can get up there on her own, but she’s not so sure about coming down.

IMG_3446.thumb.jpeg.81be01ae6dfe8cd591a66d408ee8fd0c.jpeg

She follows directions pretty good and she was down in about 5 minutes. Sometimes it takes longer. 

IMG_3447.thumb.jpeg.ae17540e84c17ad4739d102f7beef73c.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 18

1 hour ago, George C said:

I was ready to ask you the same question 😁, my 75 inch sony is ready . 

We were going to just watch it at home but Linda’s cousin invited us to watch and they live less than a half a mile and they have a really big tv so we are here. Cheers I just hope it’s a good game. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

What do you like about deck 6 on Q class? I'm always a bit concerned about obstructed views.

For us, we love deck 6 on Q class as it easy access via staircase to decks 4 and 5 to the Via (Vintages bar), 270, esplanade and MDR.   We usually go with a cabin towards aft elevator / steps.     We have had some great cabins that are so called obstruction but the only obstruction was not being able to look straight down to the water but nice clear view to look out at the water.    Not all cabins are obstructed on this deck.    We have had some nice balconies and JS's with a perfect view.   

Diamond lounge is deck 4 front of the ship but that's okay as I am usually up early and enjoy my morning walks and a nice empty lounge.       

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone who wonders about where Lucy really wants to escape into, it’s the big barn.  Sometimes she sneaks in and other times we let her in.  I let her in today for a couple hours while I blew snow. 

A world of excitement in here.  A mousers paradise. 

IMG_3444.thumb.jpeg.00cd687c4d686fc5b9a381dc5c1aeefc.jpeg

When I got back it took a bit of time for her to respond to my calls. Where are you Lucy?  There you are. 

IMG_3445.thumb.jpeg.cc0137c9f8b44d13f45b2e528a3b0353.jpeg

It’s like I have to tell her what direction she has to go. She can get up there on her own, but she’s not so sure about coming down.

IMG_3446.thumb.jpeg.81be01ae6dfe8cd591a66d408ee8fd0c.jpeg

She follows directions pretty good and she was down in about 5 minutes. Sometimes it takes longer. 

IMG_3447.thumb.jpeg.ae17540e84c17ad4739d102f7beef73c.jpeg

All those fun toys and Lucy is playing with mice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4