Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My original post gotten eaten in cyber space.  I'll try to recreate.

@Lionesss Sue, your advice is always spot on.  Day 2 today, meds around the clock as the doc advised.  I slept well but I saw stars when I got out of bed.  Hardly any pain when not moving but killer pain when I move those tummy muscles.  I love our tempurpedic mattress.  It envelopes me and inhibits movement.  I highly recommend it.

So, I am sitting comfy in my recliner, trying to move as little as possible.  One benefit is that Jack made breakfast and cleaned up.  Yes!

I know my itty bitty open hernia surgery is minor compared to those surgeries in here others have experienced, but pain is pain.....sigh.

Happy to hear you are on the mend. It will take time. Just be careful if you have sneeze or cough. That doesn’t feel great at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

IMG_0563.thumb.jpeg.fccaa5ecb81c1a8dcb2b01d7051ec7f3.jpegMy grandson is a Rangers fan.  These are the party cookies he is giving his friends😁IMG_0562.thumb.jpeg.959678d659f4fb4341ca92bbf1b26c90.jpeg

That is fantastic!  Your grandson is one smart cookie.  Where did he find these fabulous delicacies?

I'll give you my mailing address just in case there are leftovers. 😁

• Haha 5

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I think ten ten year old boys just may eat them all!  I will find out where they got them.  I am guessing somewhere in Jersey.

I had tickets to tonight's Ranger game but gave them to my niece & her BF. 

I thought about meeting up with them in the city for a pre-game dinner but since it's raining cats and dogs,  decided to stay home. I didn't want to step on any poddles*

* That's for @Ozark_Kid😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I thought about meeting up with them in the city for a pre-game dinner but since it's raining cats and dogs,  decided to stay home. I didn't want to step on any poddles*

* That's for @Ozark_Kid😄

If you do get out when it's raining cats and dogs make sure to take pics,  people here love pics of cats and dogs!

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

Minnie did not care for our TV selections last night…

IMG_5907.thumb.jpeg.fcc9adf20a0532688d8f950bb2cf50df.jpeg

nor did Diana for that matter…. She just sleeps with less wild abandon…

IMG_5908.thumb.jpeg.9772eb4bbd4f60bc782eb60862f4edca.jpeg

We’re going to a dinner party this evening.  Bringing Caesar salad, Italian bread and wine…it’s currently raining the proverbial cats and dogs.  I sure hope it stops by 6.  I do fine with a rain slicker…but not when my hands are full…

• Like 24

5 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

IMG_0563.thumb.jpeg.fccaa5ecb81c1a8dcb2b01d7051ec7f3.jpegMy grandson is a Rangers fan.  These are the party cookies he is giving his friends😁IMG_0562.thumb.jpeg.959678d659f4fb4341ca92bbf1b26c90.jpeg

Such cute cookies!  They’re sure to disappear in no time with a bunch of young boys. 

27 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

We’re going to a dinner party this evening.  Bringing Caesar salad, Italian bread and wine…it’s currently raining the proverbial cats and dogs.  I sure hope it stops by 6.  I do fine with a rain slicker…but not when my hands are full…

We’re going to dinner tonight with friends to a Peruvian restaurant.  The cats & dogs are pouring down here too but it’s also bitterly cold.  At least I don’t have to carry any food or wine though!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Whenever Lenoard sleeps, he's a fur ball with a pile of paws. 

20240323_180150.thumb.jpg.bdf8b6941773514f3c24e9bb9c81f14f.jpg

• Like 25

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

So I asked my comedian son where they got the cookies.  He told me some random Jersey woman makes them.  No cookies for us!

The random Jersey woman wouldn't be happened to be married to your comedian son by any chance? 🙃😇

• Haha 2

In celebration of Cuddly Kitten Day, here's a pic of the late Miss Priss snuggling with Marcel, taken 16 years ago. We lost Miss Priss three years ago, but Marcel is still hanging in there!

IMG_8200.thumb.JPG.43b9a99bb4202638be20a50ea5525ee5.JPG

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, derorim said:

In celebration of Cuddly Kitten Day, here's a pic of the late Miss Priss snuggling with Marcel, taken 16 years ago. We lost Miss Priss three years ago, but Marcel is still hanging in there!

Aww, she looks like she’s wrapped in a feather boa!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Today we traveled to Canton Ohio, and ended up at the convention center. 

We have waited for years to see  Jeff Dunham. He was either too far away or we had other commitments. 

His show is not for one who is easily bothered by “HUMOR”, which I might say can be very very intense. It would not be on the Popes must see list for good Catholic girls. 

Any way. We laughed for hours. 
Also if your reservation was in the first class section       (Prime) for lack of a better word- -  you got a gift bag. 

IMG_0534.thumb.jpeg.c45671cfe079c38dd469cf23d20a6fe1.jpeg

IMG_0535.thumb.jpeg.6b36a414c91ce5c04eecbe3ac06601d1.jpeg

IMG_0536.thumb.jpeg.35ca5264665cb9e7cd94b914c6703411.jpeg

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We have waited for years to see  Jeff Dunham. He was either too far away or we had other commitments. 

His show is not for one who is easily bothered by “HUMOR”, which I might say can be very very intense. It would not be on the Popes must see list for good Catholic girls. 

Also if your reservation was in the first class section       (Prime) for lack of a better word- -  you got a gift bag. 

IMG_0534.thumb.jpeg.c45671cfe079c38dd469cf23d20a6fe1.jpeg

IMG_0535.thumb.jpeg.6b36a414c91ce5c04eecbe3ac06601d1.jpeg

IMG_0536.thumb.jpeg.35ca5264665cb9e7cd94b914c6703411.jpeg

Be safe. 

We saw Jeff Dunham as a headliner entertainer on a Princess cruise about 20 years ago. Been a fan ever since.

29 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

We try to get tickets any & every time he is in CT.

Like you, we end up laughing for hours listening to his routine. To this day, I wouldn't be able to tell you which of his characters is my favorite because I love them ALL.

@Vibe 20 years ago is about the same time saw him also. We may have been sailing together back then.🤔

• Like 1

Been to several Jeff Dunham shows & loved them all. Watched most if not all of his comedy specials.

Walter is my favorite of his puppets, followed closely by Achmed and Bubba, Not a fan of the Chilli Pepper on a stick & kind of neutral with Peanut, which I think is his original & most popular puppet.

Jeff: "Bubba, what is your favorite beer?"

Bubba: "An open one".

I use that line whenever I can. 😁

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, derorim said:

Hard to be;I’ve it has been 3 years. It feels like it was just yesterday that you shared about her passing. 

• Like 3