Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Even though our outdoor temperature has risen to the 40’s , the rain has made it a damp cool day. 

Don’t tell me it is cold at home.  Our weather today is better. 

C1604D76-E180-4B06-A870-65E8C8B3BB29.thumb.jpeg.e820322e8ee4efe50dd4205857024f10.jpeg

I can’t enjoy a happy hour Bloody Mary and stare at the ocean when I am home. 

• Like 9

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

About 80 years ago was the only time I was in Times Square for New Years Eve. 
All I saw was men’s rear ends in trousers, women’s rears in dresses, but mostly smelled wet wool coats. 
I never went back, either. 

I remember that there were a lot of Swedish sailors and I nearly lost my gf in the crowd.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

All I saw was men’s rear ends in trousers, women’s rears in dresses, but mostly smelled wet wool coats. 

You sure that was wet wool and not something else?😉

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I like it but I wonder if dust and cleaning it will be a problem.

It's actually just setting on the mantle and not attached to the fireplace......I might however put in one screw with the wire across the center of the mirror, then just hang the wire over the top of that screw just for safety in case mantle should come lose or something, then at least mirror will still be hanging.

It will be very easy to lift up and take down for cleaning.

The mirror weighs about 40 lbs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

It depends on the look you are going for.  I like the mirror but for me it would be a little too large for the mantle.

We have another mirror, smaller that I will take a picture of tomorrow and see what you think. My wife likes the look of the larger one better, I think maybe if it was a little smaller though would be better., But I think this second mirror I show you, you will think is to small.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I remember that there were a lot of Swedish sailors and I nearly lost my gf in the crowd.

55 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I would like to do NYE in Times Square from a Ball Drop Room in the Marriott Marquis.  I actually started looking at it before the world shut down

• Like 6

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I would like to do NYE in Times Square from a Ball Drop Room in the Marriott Marquis.  I actually started looking at it before the world shut down

We had an Anthem Christmas cruise booked hkr a while that woukd havd ended on the 31st and we were going to stick around.  Ended up changing it to something out of Florida.

Next year our Odyssey sailing ends in FLL on the 31st so we will stay there for the night...heard there are some fireworks they put on. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You sure that was wet wool and not something else?😉

The only thing worse than wet wool is wet dog!

It made me never want to get into a crowd like that again, even though I’m much taller than I was then. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

The only thing worse than wet wool is wet dog!

It made me never want to get into a crowd like that again, even though I’m much taller than I was then. 

Which is why I advise people to not have their dog's fur spun into yarn.  Lol

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Watched the original Avatar last night.  Haven’t seen it since we saw it on release at the cinema.

I wanted to re-watch because I plan to see the sequel.  Enjoyed the original just as much the second time around.

I know the sequel is getting mixed reviews but I just plan to go and enjoy the visuals which are apparently stunning.

We watched the original last night, so glad we did, a lot we both had forgotten.  Would love to see the sequel in theaters but it over 3 hours long, will have to figure that out.

• Like 2

@Sunshine3601 I had to look up the mummers parade.  Here in Australia, mom is spelt mum, so I immediately had visions of a large group of mums dancing and parading along the streets (which sounds like a great idea to me) 🤣

Google search filled me in on the mummers parade.

On a side note - has anyone donated to Wiki? Their pleas are getting more desperate.

Too funny, Aussie!  😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

We truly love New York City but not in winter , hopefully we will be there Memorial Day weekend, which normally great weather. I prefer staying in small boutique hotels like the michealanglo which we love . Do love the revolving bar at the Marriott.

• Like 3

Watched the original Avatar last night.  Haven’t seen it since we saw it on release at the cinema.

I wanted to re-watch because I plan to see the sequel.  Enjoyed the original just as much the second time around.

I know the sequel is getting mixed reviews but I just plan to go and enjoy the visuals which are apparently stunning.

Friends if ours went to see it.  They give it a 👍

Just last week I watched a show where they interviewed the stars of the movie, and how involved the preparation of working with the water scenes, etc.  It looks like a winner to me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

It's actually just setting on the mantle and not attached to the fireplace......I might however put in one screw with the wire across the center of the mirror, then just hang the wire over the top of that screw just for safety in case mantle should come lose or something, then at least mirror will still be hanging.

It will be very easy to lift up and take down for cleaning.

The mirror weighs about 40 lbs.

As I said before, I like the size, and feel that the chunky candle holders look great with it.  But then, I am a "''60's" girl.😉. A hippy, so to speak.. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Now that's the way to do it, Ellen!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

We watched the original last night, so glad we did, a lot we both had forgotten.  Would love to see the sequel in theaters but it over 3 hours long, will have to figure that out.

Yes, I am waiting for a rainy day to watch it and when we have nothing else on.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Like the mirror? To small,to large or just right?

20230101_150224.jpg

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have another mirror, smaller that I will take a picture of tomorrow and see what you think. My wife likes the look of the larger one better, I think maybe if it was a little smaller though would be better., But I think this second mirror I show you, you will think is to small.

39 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

As I said before, I like the size, and feel that the chunky candle holders look great with it.  But then, I am a "''60's" girl.😉. A hippy, so to speak.. 

I also love this mirror Jimbo.  You have a large fireplace and a chunky mantle so I think you need something to that same scale.  Seems like a smaller mirror would look too delicate?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We made it home from PA in record time tonight. Maybe folks are waiting until tomorrow to travel.
We had lots of laughs, card games and way too much delicious food.  Friday night we all went out to dinner, Saturday night was a parade of appetizers and a big brunch today.  Tomorrow I get back to healthy eating. I’m pretty sure I’ve put on 10lbs this holiday season. I’m also giving “dry January” a shot to help cut out the calories.  And I’m going to start walking again. Big plans, huh? We’ll see how it goes.
I didn’t get any really great pictures, but here’s one of all the grandkids.  
9ED57883-7794-4DC8-9C78-CBCA6E16B5F8.thumb.jpeg.548bd417a52d568465a71e6d51a9ab69.jpeg

• Like 25

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Sunshine3601 I had to look up the mummers parade.  Here in Australia, mom is spelt mum, so I immediately had visions of a large group of mums dancing and parading along the streets (which sounds like a great idea to me) 🤣

Google search filled me in on the mummers parade.

On a side note - has anyone donated to Wiki? Their pleas are getting more desperate.

The history of the Mummer parade is quite interesting. 

http://quakercitystringband.com/a-history-of-mumming-how-the-mummers-got-here/

It is an all day event...lasts about 12 hours.  Each category string bands, fancy, fancy brigade and comics.   

Each group starts planning this week for their theme next new years day.  The amount of time each group spends on constructing their costumes, music and choreography is amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1