Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So RCI in its infinite wisdom has a new "upgrade" for us Emeralds+.  We no longer have the choice of a welcome beverage to be placed in our cabin.  There goes my can of diet coke to be replaced with water.   I know it's such a minor thing but that was a perk we enjoyed.

We’re thrilled to announce you’ll no longer have to pre-select your welcome beverage prior to your sailing. You will now receive additional complimentary water bottles in your stateroom in place of the welcome beverage benefit — so you can stay hydrated everywhere you go. The complimentary waters benefit will begin March 10, 2023.

Another cost cutting measure. Water was always a choice as was soda.  Now it's a given.

They're "thrilled" taking away my diet coke.  Rats!

I never got my Diet Coke no matter how many calls I made. Only sprite!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That sucks. They should at least make exceptions for such situations.

I didn’t know they were doing them in color now or are you messing with us?

Maybe there was a VIP in the audience?

Well, Krystal and I were there, although they never worried about protecting us in the past.  We were in the 4th row of the Orchestra and I didn’t see anyone that looked like a VIP, other than the DW. 😂

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

What kinds of problems do you have with the Samsung keyboard?

On here, after hitting quote and then click below the quote, it highlights, selects, everything in the box and will not let me text.  This started a couple of months ago after an update.  My phone has had to updates since then and it will still do the same thing.  Do you have a Samsung?  If so what model.  Is yours doing OK? 

21 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’ll get my fix of cars next weekend at The Amelia Concours. Can’t believe it’s been a year already. 

Bob, I took a look at tix for this as we will be arriving in St Augustine on 3/5.  Wow.  (Consider that this is coming from someone who is NOT a car person)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yes Debbie creatinine. It was actually lower in the hospital.

Probably was lower in the hospital if he was on a IV with fluids.     Eric tends to run "dry" they are always telling him he needs to drink more water because of the meds that dry him out.    He listens for a while but gets tired of having to go to the bathroom all the time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

That sucks. They should at least make exceptions for such situations.

Yes, I totally agree.    When the ship docked at a port for the day, the passenger ended up getting off the ship (without his luggage - just enough personal stuff crammed into a backpack) and pretended he was going on an excursion but actually flew back home.   

This way he was treated as a "no show" when the ship left the dock at end of the day.    He had a recent review on CC about the event.    I believe he got the idea when guest services told him he was Not allowed to leave the ship with his luggage.   

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Bob, I took a look at tix for this as we will be arriving in St Augustine on 3/5.  Wow.  (Consider that this is coming from someone who is NOT a car person)

You should go, it’s a once in a lifetime event for most people.

On a side note I was invited by the selection committee to bring a car, my 1970 Boss 429 Mustang, to Amelia for the Concourse in 2018.  I have a few friends that have shown multiple places there and they both have a common comment. You go to Pebble because you have too, you go to Amelia to have fun.

As a spectator I could only imagine the fun you will have.  Take some Advil, sunscreen, and most importantly comfortable shoes. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We aren't car people either.  I've heard of a Porsche 911 for example, but couldn't really tell you the various 911 "flavors" or how they change over the years.  Even with limited knowledge, there's a pretty impressive event on Saturday called Cars & Community that's $25 per adult.  Sunday is the actual Concours d'Elegance where historical cars from around the world compete in 32 classes.  That costs $175 per adult, but the cost also includes admission on Saturday.  Andrew would probably know but I'd guess that's a bargain compared to the Pebble Beach Concours. 

Last year was our first year attending so we figured we'd pay the full $175 and see both days.  We were amazed by Saturday, and then completely blown away by Sunday.  So much so, that we decided it was worth paying for both days again this year.  I loved reading about the history of some of the cars and even talking with the owners, who are mostly full blown car lovers (plus a few who love cars but are more investment focused).  This is not an inexpensive "hobby".  There are many other car related things happening around the island this week (auctions, parades, driving experiences, seminars, etc.).  If you're looking for something to do, consider attending just Saturday at a more affordable price.

• Like 2

We are home in Florida.  40 degrees warmer here.  We had a good trip but happy to be home.  I'll post some additional photos in the next couple of days from other things that we did.  I've got some garage cabinets being delivered tomorrow and then golf on Thursday and Friday, so it may take a minute.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

You should go, it’s a once in a lifetime event for most people.

On a side note I was invited by the selection committee to bring a car, my 1970 Boss 429 Mustang, to Amelia for the Concourse in 2018.  I have a few friends that have shown multiple places there and they both have a common comment. You go to Pebble because you have too, you go to Amelia to have fun.

As a spectator I could only imagine the fun you will have.  Take some Advil, sunscreen, and most importantly comfortable shoes. 

15 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We aren't car people either.  I've heard of a Porsche 911 for example, but couldn't really tell you the various 911 "flavors" or how they change over the years.  Even with limited knowledge, there's a pretty impressive event on Saturday called Cars & Community that's $25 per adult.  Sunday is the actual Concours d'Elegance where historical cars from around the world compete in 32 classes.  That costs $175 per adult, but the cost also includes admission on Saturday.  Andrew would probably know but I'd guess that's a bargain compared to the Pebble Beach Concours. 

Last year was our first year attending so we figured we'd pay the full $175 and see both days.  We were amazed by Saturday, and then completely blown away by Sunday.  So much so, that we decided it was worth paying for both days again this year.  I loved reading about the history of some of the cars and even talking with the owners, who are mostly full blown car lovers (plus a few who love cars but are more investment focused).  This is not an inexpensive "hobby".  There are many other car related things happening around the island this week (auctions, parades, driving experiences, seminars, etc.).  If you're looking for something to do, consider attending just Saturday at a more affordable price.

Okay guys, you have me seriously considering this as a surprise for Andy.  We would have to do Sundays event as we won’t be there until then.  It beats souvenir shops in St Augustine, right??

• Like 5

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I just got an email saying I increased my rank to the 5,000 club!  Do I get a free cruise🤪

You get an "atta girl" and a pat on the back! 😜

Only took them an extra 1,200 extra posts for them to recognize you. Good thing Crown & Anchor is quicker with awarding cruise points!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tomorrow night is Survivor .Perhaps one day there will be a CC cast .

2 hours ago, mek said:

Or a CC  Amazing Race!

I would love to be a CC contestant on either Survivor or Amazing Race.  I'd be the first person to be eliminated but that's ok, instead of going home, the show will put you up in a sweet resort for 3+ weeks while the rest of the show is being filmed.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Melissa McCarthy's character Meghan: "Look away, look away!  It's coming out of me like lava"  Jack found no humor in it and I couldn't stop laughing.

I love Melissa McCarthy in every thing she does.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

The Boss killed last night in Seattle…top 5 concert of my lifetime for sure.

7E8F7A1A-3D60-4D75-AC54-4AA67207CD74.thumb.jpeg.1a43366ba31506ea2155a5b064bfe883.jpeg

The only Bruce concert I went to was in the Meadowlands, NJ sometime in the 1990's.  There was a mini-New Jersey shore boardwalk set-up in the parking lot, complete with typical boardwalk games and sand. Really enjoyed it!

Concert was good too even though I was seated about as far away from the stage as someone can physically get & still be in the stadium.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@dani negreanu thank you for all this great information.  I’m taking screenshots and saving so I can write everything in my notebook. 
BUT, what is this “pack lightly” you speak of?? I’m not familiar 😂. On the Bella cruise, over a drink,  @jmh2006 is going to share tips on packing for 2 weeks in Europe in only a carry on.  

I'd also love to learn about packing lightly....😊

• Like 4

Well other exciting things are happening before our cruise. Linda has picked up a bunch of freelance legal work. She has 3 cases and is writing briefs for another group of Lawyers. The pay is great and will really help with our cruise habit.

I also picked up a freelance editing gig after we get back. Should be easy and pays great.

so I pulled the trigger on a new Mac computer. I’m getting a Mac Studio Ultra with the new M1 chip. It has 125gb of ram and a 8TB SSD drive. It’s 20 core cpu and a 48 core gpu. Should be enough horsepower to edit 4K video easily. I guess Merry Christmas to me.

• Like 18

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Melissa McCarthy's character Meghan: "Look away, look away!  It's coming out of me like lava"  Jack found no humor in it and I couldn't stop laughing.

LOL!  This reminded me of the movie "Blazing Saddles", when they were all sitting around the campfire, "passing wind" (to put it politely)😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I would love to be a CC contestant on either Survivor or Amazing Race.  I'd be the first person to be eliminated but that's ok, instead of going home, the show will put you up in a sweet resort for 3+ weeks while the rest of the show is being filmed.

The niece of a guy I know won the Amazing Race a few years ago.She is a lawyer living in LI and did not move or give up her job.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well other exciting things are happening before our cruise. Linda has picked up a bunch of freelance legal work. She has 3 cases and is writing briefs for another group of Lawyers. The pay is great and will really help with our cruise habit.

I also picked up a freelance editing gig after we get back. Should be easy and pays great.

so I pulled the trigger on a new Mac computer. I’m getting a Mac Studio Ultra with the new M1 chip. It has 125gb of ram and a 8TB SSD drive. It’s 20 core cpu and a 48 core gpu. Should be enough horsepower to edit 4K video easily. I guess Merry Christmas to me.

Congratulations to you both ! I love to watch attorneys do their thing . Court TV is the best “ reality “ show . I’ve been watching SC V. Murdaugh . Such theatrics from the guy on trial .  I don’t know if he committed what he is accused of but he sure knows how to put on a show.   

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Awesome computer   Enjoy!

• Like 1