Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

When my California grandson was born, he had beautiful blue eyes.  His mother was so happy, but that “switch “ must not have been thrown, and his eyes turned brown like his mother’s.  

Who knows, maybe his kid will end up with blues, which is quite rare for part Asians. 

We were POSITIVE my son's eyes would change.  My ex was just amazed when our son was born -- he's very dark, with brown/black hair and the brownish eyes himself -- and the fact that he had a strawberry-blond son with brilliant blue eyes just blew his mind!  

My son's hair is a lot like mine -- depending on the lighting and what he's wearing, his hair can appear to be blond, red, or brown.  But now that he's out of the Army, he's taken to growing a goatee (he's frustrated that he can't grow a "circle beard" but his mustache and the area to the sides of his mouth don't grow thick enough for it all to connect.  And his goatee is straight up ginger in color.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

So does that mean that you and your ex are also cousins???? 😧

Well, my recent DNA test confirmed that my bio-father's entire family is from the South, so I'd just be keeping up with the stereotype!  😂

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I love it when Leonard does his meerkat / prairie dog stance.  Usually when looking at the window at his "prey".

The other day he was crouching by the sliding glass door looking at some of the birds fluttering about in the bushes. All of a sudden, I heard chirping coming from inside the house. For a millisecond, I thought he had brought a bird inside. How he  could have opened the slider glass door & screen door, catch a bird, bring it inside, close the screen door & then the glass door never entered my mind.

Turns out, it was Leonard making the chirping noises! I've never heard Leonard make this noise or any other cat in my life (growing up, we always had cats in the house). Turns out, cats can chirp when they are happy...or when they are trying to attract their prey.

I'm surprised you have never heard a cat make that chirping noise in the past.   I think just about all of my cats have made this noise usually when they are "stalking" prey.    Maybe because most of my cats have been part-time outdoor cats (in and out during the day then inside all night).  

This weekend we introduced Petey (our recent rescue kitty that is about 8 or 9 months old) to You-Tube Cat TV I thought for sure the TV hanging above the fireplace was going to come down.    He was going bonkers and finally figured out how to jump onto the fireplace mantel then started batting the TV and had both front paws around the back of the TV and was hanging after he saw a bird on TV fly off the screen.    

• Haha 11

On 2/28/2023 at 4:27 AM, BonTexasNY said:

Gorgeous pictures.  Hope you post some of the wedding.  Again, congratulations!

On 2/28/2023 at 5:37 AM, Jimbo said:

Pretty daring, Mexican food before a wedding................Reminds me of the movie "Bridesmaids"  😲

@Jimbo, trust me, we were very mindful and careful what we ate and where we ate at.  No one got sick.  I have not seen that movie. I know that they showed that part of the movie that you’re talking about for the trailers.  Just never had the time to watch it.

@BonTexasNY, I will post some wedding photos soon as I edit them.  There are so many, I have to select just a few.  I would love to show you them on Oasis in a couple weeks.

We just got home last night from warm weather to wet and cold weather.  It was 51 degrees in the house when we got home. Today, the sun is out at least. 

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

@BonTexasNY, I will post some wedding photos soon as I edit them.  There are so many, I have to select just a few.  I would love to show you them on Oasis in a couple weeks.

We just got home last night from warm weather to wet and cold weather.  It was 51 degrees in the house when we got home. Today, the sun is out at least. 

I look forward to it!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Meanwhile, here’s a couple pictures of Mochi, other son’s dog and a video he took of Moochi & ice cream.

D5C3B1B5-3D2E-4D10-941B-0EFE85A12940.thumb.jpeg.a6af963f726fe664ee0dc9f8ec2fe08c.jpeg

5FE66795-3178-4D61-B2B2-678DBD6A7A0F.thumb.jpeg.9d111efea516367d3785a92c32cd5497.jpeg

We used to have a cat that loved ice cream.  She could be in the opposite end of the house and if you opened the freezer door (not the refrigerator door) she would come running.  Didn't matter how quiet you tried to be.  I never feed her and I told Micheline that she shouldn't either.  Micheline would sit on the couch and the cat would sit on the back of the couch with her front paws on Micheline's shoulder.  Sometimes, Micheline would have a problem while trying to get the spoon from the bowl to her mouth and it would accidentally go to her shoulder instead.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

Our previous cat, Amelia the Beautiful (how prophetic) loved dried apricots.  I like them frozen as a snack and I’d cut a small piece or two for her and she scarfed them down.  Fast forward and now when Minnie sees me get the apricot bag out of the freezer she’s imploringly winding around my ankles and mewing at me.  So I gave her a piece.  She sniffed it suspiciously and gave me the most heartbreakingly pleading cry…translated as “But that’s not the delicious treat YOU’RE eating!!  Why, why won’t you please please share a piece of the real treat with me?!”

It did really break my heart that she thought I wouldn’t share.  There’s nothing I have I wouldn’t give her. 😢

• Like 7

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, I've gotten better.  I used to pack a large duffle bag for just my shoes for a 7 night cruise.

I try to narrow my outfits to the ones I have to wear for each day/night of the cruise.  I just take one extra outfit just in case it's needed.  

I'm going nuts on what to take on our road trip plus a few days staying with friends pre cruise.  So, we are packing 1 suitcase each for the cruise to remain closed until we board, and one suitcase for both of us, for the week before we board. We'll be on the road 6 days total back and forth Miami and 3 days with friends.  9 days of clothing we will keep in our car.  No need to bring them aboard.

And I'm THRILLED we aren't flying.  Really.  Jack not so much. 🙄

I wish I could be as organized as you Bonnie.  Like you, we have several days before the cruise, 9 to be exact, and another 5 after (including travel days).  Plus I know I’ll be doing some shopping down in FL, so that means I need a lot of shoes because what if I buy an outfit but didn’t bring the shoes that would be perfect with it?  I know I’m waaay overthinking this and it’s definitely because we are driving.  I wouldn’t have this luxury if we were flying.  
If you see this on embarkation day, you’ll know it’s me 😂

6DFD5346-A0FC-41AF-92A4-03B8B4099741.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 21

9 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Our previous cat, Amelia the Beautiful (how prophetic) loved dried apricots.  I like them frozen as a snack and I’d cut a small piece or two for her and she scarfed them down.  Fast forward and now when Minnie sees me get the apricot bag out of the freezer she’s imploringly winding around my ankles and mewing at me.  So I gave her a piece.  She sniffed it suspiciously and gave me the most heartbreakingly pleading cry…translated as “But that’s not the delicious treat YOU’RE eating!!  Why, why won’t you please please share a piece of the real treat with me?!”

It did really break my heart that she thought I wouldn’t share.  There’s nothing I have I wouldn’t give her. 😢

This is the same cat that you once posted a great picture of sitting on a table in a red room with red walls that, I assume, is the same red room that your husband did not want to paint?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I agree whatever makes you happy. I’m hoping I find the right balance between doing nothing (less stress) and doing free lance (stressful).

Im hoping this computer will stay current for at least 10 years. Most of my other computers are good for 3 years before the technology changes and makes it obsolete.

Congratulations to you and Linda on your "extra curricular" projects.  I don't know much about computers, but it sounds like you're getting the cream of the crop!

See you and Linda soon!😊

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to you and Linda on your "extra curricular" projects.  I don't know much about computers, but it sounds like you're getting the cream of the crop!

See you and Linda soon!😊

Getting really excited. It’s going to be EPIC!!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just had a thought pop into my head about the whole "blue eyes / common ancestor thing". 

I didn't really give it a lot of thought b/c I don't have blue eyes.  I have greenish/hazel eyes and my ex has brown-gold/hazel eyes.... but our son has beautiful baby blues, which means both my ex and I had to also carry the gene for blue eyes.  

So it looks like I'm a "cousin" to all of you blue-eyed folks after all!

Ancestor shmancestor.......It just means the FeEx guy is to blame!🤣🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I wish I could be as organized as you Bonnie.  Like you, we have several days before the cruise, 9 to be exact, and another 5 after (including travel days).  Plus I know I’ll be doing some shopping down in FL, so that means I need a lot of shoes because what if I buy an outfit but didn’t bring the shoes that would be perfect with it?  I know I’m waaay overthinking this and it’s definitely because we are driving.  I wouldn’t have this luxury if we were flying.  
If you see this on embarkation day, you’ll know it’s me 😂

6DFD5346-A0FC-41AF-92A4-03B8B4099741.jpeg

Deb, funny picture!

I really try to be organized but in reality, I over obsess a lot on what I need to take. I find that rolling up knits is best for almost wrinkle free clothing.  I used to place large sheets of plastic between items but I got tired of all that plastic.

I notice at times that when I see pictures of female celebrities they often wear nude color shoes to match their legs, not their outfits.  I really should try it.

@dani negreanuDani had a great idea of packing like colors but my closet is a rainbow of color.

Good luck with your packing!

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

SURVIVOR begins....

Have it on now. 

Thought Below Deck wasn’t terrible.  Nice to see the Captain Lee back. Captain Sandy ended off her stint decently. I liked her more at the end than the beginning. 

• Like 5

@Sea Dog Stopped by my local Safeway around lunchtime today.  I took a look for Eagle Rare 10 that I just missed out on last week.  Didn’t have that, but this was sitting by itself on the shelf.  Not something you see a lot of and I’ve never had it so I figured I’d better get it while I had the chance.  Wasn’t there yesterday so they must’ve gotten a few and put them out this morning and I got the last one.

A14775A9-A0BB-4EDD-8564-CC42AAD2F6B4.thumb.jpeg.712490282ebac4eed5443241f36bc4ea.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I can't cook and Pauline is not keen on cooking.😋

We are on the verge on being empty nesters and are eating out more.  Love all your dining out  posts.  Our brunches in particular are always very tasty but never match your photos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Have it on now. 

Thought Below Deck wasn’t terrible.  Nice to see the Captain Lee back. Captain Sandy ended off her stint decently. I liked her more at the end than the beginning. 

I agree about Sandy. She sure seemed to have had a big impact on bringing Frasier around.

• Like 4

The couple chose to have the wedding guests seated in a circle.

1102D9BB-1718-461F-871C-9A4C8836EDA1.thumb.jpeg.52fb9e54cfe1c2035d6d6f607d7396ff.jpeg

Flower petals on the ground.  Some parasol umbrellas for guests to use to help shield the sun.

30E79C7D-EB85-410D-97F3-B894AC1841C6.thumb.jpeg.4609f6f6232868799516719143558db9.jpeg

669A465D-2166-40CD-88B0-D662ACDA45B5.thumb.jpeg.263a6919fcc6020d29c6f7f2618a7012.jpeg

0C4EAD42-3A86-4AB3-9FBF-13E0DC0C83B1.thumb.jpeg.7b7056b1038c104558604892a5183c90.jpeg

C94061D6-7810-49DE-B9D0-46F2386D5D4B.thumb.jpeg.0758d6a887055baf8a252d4abd6b515c.jpeg

The chairs still have to make their way to the tables after the ceremony.

19B75826-7D17-4B28-8DDA-6A33F2B6505F.thumb.jpeg.e66c984031be4463ff9e982c2bc9ea3d.jpeg

A Photo Booth in the back there

26E8492C-CDBF-4521-AE13-CF5558D10090.thumb.jpeg.ee833e1974d608788e51a4c52b9b749e.jpeg

The Bar

44C98F87-0C16-40CC-A82B-921B3A225F28.thumb.jpeg.6998a7e40a6a9271e712d8fd9d288d2a.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1