Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

When we’d just moved into our previous home…we had paid to have all the rooms painted different colors.  Unfortunately the color I’d selected for the TV room didn’t turn out as I’d expected and I wanted to repaint it.  DH was not interested in repainting a room he’d already paid to have painted.  I got tired of arguing about it and finally went and bought the color paint I wanted (a rich dark red,) came home and slapped a big X on the wall.  Obviously we were now going to repaint.

It was a large room with baseboards and crown molding and windows and three doors and a fireplace to tape off.  It took us a week or so.  To pass the time we watched Court TV all day long.  It was the OJ murder case.  What amazed me way back then was when we’d watch the evening news later…their recap of what had transpired in court that day generally wasn’t at all what had really happened!!! That was when I first realized the MSM did not just report facts but instead spun them to suit their narrative.  If I hadn’t been watching the actual trial all day I would have believed their version of the developments.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Greg, how exciting.

I am thrilled for you being able to continue using your talents.  It is great being retired, but, when you can selectively do what you are best at keeps you young.

Also

I am glad your wife has the opportunity to keep busy with what she also enjoys.  

To think, both of your offers come from people who know you are great at what you do.

I must congratulate the both of you.

Enjoy and have fun.

Be safe

Thank you so much Sue!

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Excellent news Greg.

I'm really pleased for you both.

Thank you Graham.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh yes, we know all so well about lab work.   NO, such thing as "normal" labs.    We, also, know that most Doctors in a hospital or an ER do not always know how to handle transplant patients.   Eric has had some that want to make changes to his meds then he gets home and does a follow up with his transplant Dr who tells us NO he is Not allowed to take that med for x y z reason.  

I have a friend who had a heart transplant last summer.  Fortunately, his wife is a recently retired pharmacist, and she's been able to be his advocate through his lengthy hospitalization (before and after surgery) and his rehab (ongoing, due to complications after surgery). 

She is constantly thankful that she's both retired to have the time to deal with all this, plus educated in the realm of medicine to be able to understand and advocate on his behalf.  It must be so daunting for the lay-person to have to deal with!

They're hoping to be able to cruise again by this fall, and I've been helping her out with "cruising with wheelchairs" information from my experiences of cruising with two chair-using friends.  

• Like 7

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A definite NO. I'm doing it WHEN I like to, to WHOEVER I like to, I really enjoy helping people.

I am often asked the same thing, and my response is pretty much the exact same as yours!

I like to help people enjoy cruising as much as I enjoy cruising because it's something I love doing, NOT because it's my "job" to do it.  I think that if it became my job, I wouldn't enjoy doing it as much because it would be something that I *have* to do, not something that I WANT to do.  

I'm more than happy to pass out Ken's business cards and let him do the "work" part while I just do the "fun" part!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Haven’t posted a TSOTD lately, but since Bruce was mentioned recently, here is mine for the day. 

71F3AEB5-C7E0-4AB5-829E-09A7E45B9CEA.thumb.jpeg.e290e0ddf1898488edc9811a19708e41.jpeg

That must have been where Miley Cyrus stole the "Wrecking Ball" name from for her song.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just had a thought pop into my head about the whole "blue eyes / common ancestor thing". 

I didn't really give it a lot of thought b/c I don't have blue eyes.  I have greenish/hazel eyes and my ex has brown-gold/hazel eyes.... but our son has beautiful baby blues, which means both my ex and I had to also carry the gene for blue eyes.  

So it looks like I'm a "cousin" to all of you blue-eyed folks after all!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Just had a thought pop into my head about the whole "blue eyes / common ancestor thing". 

I didn't really give it a lot of thought b/c I don't have blue eyes.  I have greenish/hazel eyes and my ex has brown-gold/hazel eyes.... but our son has beautiful baby blues, which means both my ex and I had to also carry the gene for blue eyes.  

When my California grandson was born, he had beautiful blue eyes.  His mother was so happy, but that “switch “ must not have been thrown, and his eyes turned brown like his mother’s.  

Who knows, maybe his kid will end up with blues, which is quite rare for part Asians. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I'd also love to learn about packing lightly....😊

Maryann, I've gotten better.  I used to pack a large duffle bag for just my shoes for a 7 night cruise.

I try to narrow my outfits to the ones I have to wear for each day/night of the cruise.  I just take one extra outfit just in case it's needed.  

I'm going nuts on what to take on our road trip plus a few days staying with friends pre cruise.  So, we are packing 1 suitcase each for the cruise to remain closed until we board, and one suitcase for both of us, for the week before we board. We'll be on the road 6 days total back and forth Miami and 3 days with friends.  9 days of clothing we will keep in our car.  No need to bring them aboard.

And I'm THRILLED we aren't flying.  Really.  Jack not so much. 🙄

• Like 7

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This happened this morning. 

5F174A0C-633F-4CE2-947E-CF7E12B17493.thumb.jpeg.9a838eea7399ca0847d6af7d5c8efe26.jpeg

I love it when Leonard does his meerkat / prairie dog stance.  Usually when looking at the window at his "prey".

The other day he was crouching by the sliding glass door looking at some of the birds fluttering about in the bushes. All of a sudden, I heard chirping coming from inside the house. For a millisecond, I thought he had brought a bird inside. How he  could have opened the slider glass door & screen door, catch a bird, bring it inside, close the screen door & then the glass door never entered my mind.

Turns out, it was Leonard making the chirping noises! I've never heard Leonard make this noise or any other cat in my life (growing up, we always had cats in the house). Turns out, cats can chirp when they are happy...or when they are trying to attract their prey.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I love it when Leonard does his meerkat / prairie dog stance.  Usually when looking at the window at his "prey".

The other day he was crouching by the sliding glass door looking at some of the birds fluttering about in the bushes. All of a sudden, I heard chirping coming from inside the house. For a millisecond, I thought he had brought a bird inside. How he  could have opened the slider glass door & screen door, catch a bird, bring it inside, close the screen door & then the glass door never entered my mind.

Turns out, it was Leonard making the chirping noises! I've never heard Leonard make this noise or any other cat in my life (growing up, we always had cats in the house). Turns out, cats can chirp when they are happy...or when they are trying to attract their prey.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

So does that mean that you and your ex are also cousins???? 😧

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thank you. Very interesting. I guess what I called chirping is really chattering.

Leonard makes a Trilling noise all the time when running from room-to-room to announce his arrival and say hello!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you. Very interesting. I guess what I called chirping is really chattering.

Leonard makes a Trilling noise all the time when running from room-to-room to announce his arrival and say hello!

Yes the chattering almost sounds like they are grinding their teeth.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Yes,I do.  Oops,you are talking about your cat.

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

My cats have always been “chatterers”. It’s amusing but I’ve heard it’s frustrating for the cats as well, especially when they’re inside (as mine have always been) and they’re unable to get to their prey!

• Like 1