Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

It looks great, Greg.  Enjoy!!!

I spent yesterday morning seeding the front side of the house.  I'll be doing the rest of the lawn in a few days.

I figured what I have spent seeding, top soil, fertilizer, weed control, thatching, aeration. pver the year has been in the $1,000's. I just got tired of it all plus the dogs were tearing it up tracking dirt and mud into the house was the final straw. I just had to do something different even if it is pricey. Good luck with your lawn Maryann.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:42 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Hey Debi, the flowers are Bluebonnets, the ice cream is Bluebell.  Look at me!!  After living here for 19 years I'm finally getting to be a real Texan!  I just need to develop a taste for Dr. Pepper and say y'all when talking to one person.

Love bluebonnets. Bluebell used to be my favorite ice cream. Grew up on it. Quit eating it when they had issues and shut down the plant for awhile. Replacement was Publix ice cream and it tastes just as good if not better and it’s cheaper too.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:07 PM, BonTexasNY said:

Someone gave me an address of a park not far from me that has beautiful bluebonnets.  I'll take pictures and attempt to post.

For now, this is a stock picture somewhere in TX.

image.png.f563d3893fd714be54a6501e09ee2f62.png

Growing up there were fields everywhere you turned. It was so beautiful.

• Like 7

Saw this while out for our afternoon walk.  K-9 training and handling in progress. 

IMG_7111.thumb.jpeg.7ec5624d6427049e02ea48da76405582.jpeg

There is a local kennel that specializes in raising and training K-9s.  (German shepherds, Belgian Malinois, Dutch shepherds). They offer a 3 month training class for trainers, and a 1 month class for handlers.  We have seen them training in different areas around the county, to simulate real world environments.  

I think this is where many departments, across the country, get their k-9s and their training. The award for furthest traveled today goes to Colorado Springs, Co.  Also saw units from Missouri, Illinois, Ohio, and of course Pennsylvania. 

It is interesting to see them work. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:08 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Watching something I haven't watched in quite awhile... Deadliest Catch. I'd last about 2.5 minutes on one of those boats.... no Windjammer or Schooner Bar.

On 4/18/2023 at 8:18 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

It's been so long since I watched a. Episode I had forgotten all about that show.

With the talk about the Deadliest Catch brought back memories. One of Mike’s best friends who was going to be his best man died when the fishing vessel he was on capsized in 1987. This was just one month before we got married. I had only met Andy once so I didn’t know him very well. All crew onboard except one died. 😥  Maybe someone from here remembers hearing about it?

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/01/09/An-intensive-search-Friday-failed-to-turn-up-any/1674537166800/

On 4/18/2023 at 9:19 PM, Sea Dog said:

I recorded it to watch Friday night. I’m interested in that new female captain that was featured in the movie the “Perfect Storm.” The actress played George Clooney’s love interest. Apparently the real life captain was the one who urged the crew of Andrea Gail to turn around from the storm. She and her boat made it back safely. The crew of the Andrea Gail did not. Her name is Linda Greenlaw.

That was so sad about the Andrea Gail.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

@dani negreanu Oh Dani , where are you ?  I hope , everything is working out well for you.

thanks Judy, we just made it, finally, to Marrakech…

The wifi is very weak… we wanted to experience “living like a local”… and that’s what we got…

beside, it is HOT — 100-102F 😰😰😰

7 hours ago, NHProud said:

• Like 28

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

The wifi is very weak… we wanted to experience “living like a local”… and that’s what we got…

Wow , so glad you’ve finally made it . So happy for you and your husband.  Be sure to take lots of photos to post once your are at home .  Take it easy in that heat and pace yourselves.  I’m looking forward to hearing about what you’ll be eating. 

Have fun ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Have a wonderful time Dani!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I have friends who moved from Brooklyn to Houston,TX and lived there 52 years.They never said y’all.I wonder if there is a difference between Houston and Dallas.When I was out there I never heard anyone use that word .

There’s not really any difference between Houston, Dallas, El Paso, Brownsville or Amarillo. People say y’all all over Texas. Maybe your friends weren’t around any true Texans or transplants that have picked it up.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:29 AM, HBE4 said:

My step-daughter lived in Houston for 6 years, beginning in 2016.  She added "Y'all" and "Fixin" to her vocabulary pretty quickly.  Every time I went to visit, I heard "Y'all" from her friends.  She never did get used to be referred to as a "Ma'am" however.

Now that she's back in NY, the "excuse me, ma'am"  has been replace by "Yo, Lady!". I wonder which she prefers? 🤣

Born and raised in Texas and I never really got used to being called ma’am. Not sure why, but I think because I always considered it for someone older. I suppose it would fit now. 😆

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

Speaking of flowers…it’s tulip season up north of us in the Skagit Valley.

66C5B873-74B2-4433-9533-43987575B06C.thumb.jpeg.3aae55a6c3a3ad27502e719bad84cbef.jpeg1160C18C-5D17-4498-8AEE-91CC092F1B1F.thumb.jpeg.b38842f61aaee0f6ac425de8233c2401.jpeg

And also time for the cherry blossoms on the quad at the most beautiful campus in the world (yeah, I’m biased).

68398974-8E67-4405-8F56-82956C42A2FC.jpeg.07a9eb5c9bece52b62f8fc9ff7ced9f2.jpeg

Just beautiful!

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So glad you and DH are finally there.  Have a fabulous time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I figured what I have spent seeding, top soil, fertilizer, weed control, thatching, aeration. pver the year has been in the $1,000's. I just got tired of it all plus the dogs were tearing it up tracking dirt and mud into the house was the final straw. I just had to do something different even if it is pricey. Good luck with your lawn Maryann.

Thanks Greg.  I go through this every Spring when we get home from Naples.  I don't know what happens to our lawn while we're gone!!  Thank goodness I like to work outside!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

And also time for the cherry blossoms on the quad at the most beautiful campus in the world (yeah, I’m biased).

68398974-8E67-4405-8F56-82956C42A2FC.jpeg.07a9eb5c9bece52b62f8fc9ff7ced9f2.jpeg

I kinda like this quad

Screenshot_20230425-200141_Chrome.thumb.jpg.71eeffb80571fbb2eeaddb3e8d64d916.jpg

We did survey class there a lifetime ago🤣

And you really didn't go to Mizzou unless you got high at the columns😉

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

We go to Marrakech on world cruise

https://youtu.be/0TYq9RjdYYU

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Glad to hear that you and DH got to Marrakech, Dani!  I hope your travels were much easier than when you traveled to Venice.  100 degrees..yow!  You've gone from cold (Venice) to hot in Marrakech.  Have the best time!!!🥰

10 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Debbie, when I first read "I need one of those", my mind at first thought you were talking about needing a baby grandchild.

John sure has beautiful grandchildren that thankfully he shares his pictures with us @Ozark_Kid

I would be over the moon to have a grandbaby but for now I'll be happy if they have adult size Magic sleepers.😁

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Maybe it's me but I do not see any photo ??

19 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Same here.  Doesn’t show on my iPhone or iPad. 

Not seeing it on my Windows laptop either.

• Like 2