Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Installation is coming right along.

50936A74-F8D7-4991-B051-23C46C94237A.thumb.jpeg.e18ea6ef1b9631043e75d00e60c99e33.jpeg

70A15A8D-AA4C-4817-847E-E3074E85A167.thumb.jpeg.a483a2b8996e4a3c7548f4ac4b7efb74.jpeg

A42A1B44-9C47-4518-8843-4F5A4AB499D9.thumb.jpeg.b315be23805aa9e0f3866c12f4555b4e.jpeg

They're moving very fast!  Is this a one day job?  I would have thought at least 2 days.  I'm thinking about putting an artificial putting green in our back yard but it would take some leveling work and installing drains.  I guessed that would take several days but maybe not.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

They're moving very fast!  Is this a one day job?  I would have thought at least 2 days.  I'm thinking about putting an artificial putting green in our back yard but it would take some leveling work and installing drains.  I guessed that would take several days but maybe not.

Originally they said two but because I’m having them dump the dirt behind my retaining wall which had receded, they could go faster.

The only delay was waiting for the gravel to be delivered. That was two hours of downtime. Then they ran out of gravel and had to get more which was another hour delay.

They said they would finish up around 6-7pm

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Now, now, Helen, that doesn't count!  Continue to have a wonderful time.

I love all of the Carpool Karaoke episodes.  I've seen Michelle Obama, Celine Dion, Adele, Barbra Streisand, Lady GaGa and more but my favorite was Paul McCartney.  

Lady Gaga's duets with Tony Bennett were exceptional.

I really liked most carpool karaoke, Paul McCartney was very good , I would normally fast forward the rest of the show depending on guest. As for duets one of my favorites was Streisand with Neil Diamond, we are looking forward to seeing Neil Diamonds broadway show in 4 weeks “Beautiful Noise” , was lucky enough to see Tony Bennett several times , speaking of great voices a couple of friends are seeing Andrea Bocelli in Dallas , his concerts are incredible. 

• Like 4

@jagsfan I think the beach you went to was at a place called Sunken Meadows .

The water was the Long Island Sound.The water is chilly in the Summer and the beach is covered in rocks.

Wherever we live, the Sound is about 15 minutes away from our house.

We prefer our community beach which is the Peconic Bay and is 5 minutes away.

The photo shows a community Christmas tree at the beach.

People are encouraged to decorate it with natural things found on the beach-driftwood, shells etc.

This tradition was started in December of 2020 to give people hope during the pandemic.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

2C6ECC50-BC29-46D5-9DF8-CFCF0D54D908.jpeg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

After noticing that I was wearing a black top, Diana decided to indulge in a little lap time…

IMG_5028.jpeg

Diana is a beautiful cat.  Having a mostly white cat, I feel your pain regarding black clothing.  I have lint rollers in multiple rooms, and my car.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're 2 episodes into it and liking it a lot.  No spoilers!  Keri Russell is great but I also like Ato Essandoh playing Keri's right hand man (first secretary??).  

I agree.He was very good.I never heard of him previously.

Has anyone ever been asked to be a Nielsen Family? We got something in the mail recently with a $50 gift card asking us to be one.  I threw it away. Today someone delivered a gift bag to our front door with all this stuff in it, including a handwritten note reiterating the invitation.  I'm not sure if I want to respond or not. 20230424_195024.thumb.jpg.35f7770fc7f905b964125db3f21e187b.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just watched the final Carpool Karaoke for The Late Late Show with James Corden.  Is there a better singer right now than Adele?  I'm not talking about all time but rather singers who are in their prime right now.  Maybe Lady Gaga??  Adele's voice is just incredible.

I agree, Adele is amazing.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I really liked most carpool karaoke, Paul McCartney was very good , I would normally fast forward the rest of the show depending on guest. As for duets one of my favorites was Streisand with Neil Diamond, we are looking forward to seeing Neil Diamonds broadway show in 4 weeks “Beautiful Noise” , was lucky enough to see Tony Bennett several times , speaking of great voices a couple of friends are seeing Andrea Bocelli in Dallas , his concerts are incredible. 

The live performance (Grammys I think, years ago) of Barbra and Neil singing You Don't Bring Me Flowers was beautiful.  Tony Bennett is amazing and Andrea Bocelli's voice is simply magic.  I was going to go with friends to a Josh Groban outdoor concert a few years ago in Dallas but rain was in the forecast so I bailed before I purchased tickets.

Enjoy Beautiful Noise.  I would love to see Carol King's play, Beautiful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And these guests are amazing.

Did you notice who one of the guests was?  They didn't mention him other than when they were going over the preference sheets but I noticed him once they boarded.  It was Justin Guarini who was the runner-up on American Idol season one to Kelly Clarkson.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

The live performance (Grammys I think, years ago) of Barbra and Neil singing You Don't Bring Me Flowers was beautiful.  Tony Bennett is amazing and Andrea Bocelli's voice is simply magic.  I was going to go with friends to a Josh Groban outdoor concert a few years ago in Dallas but rain was in the forecast so I bailed before I purchased tickets.

Enjoy Beautiful Noise.  I would love to see Carol King's play, Beautiful.

I rarely see a play twice, but we liked Beautiful so much we saw it three times twice on broadway and once in Dallas , I don’t believe it is currently touring would love to see it on a rccl oasis class ship. Our favorite local singer at table13 sings a few of Carol Kings songs.

One of my early dates with my wife was in the Fairmont room in late 1980’s with Tony Bennett.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did you notice who one of the guests was?  They didn't mention him other than when they were going over the preference sheets but I noticed him once they boarded.  It was Justin Guarini who was the runner-up on American Idol season one to Kelly Clarkson.

I did not notice that. I do remember him from AI. Thanks.

• Like 1