Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 52°F and sunny here.

Pauline was helping her friend yesterday who had just got out of hospital a couple of days ago.

Sadly her friends mam died last night.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

I am sorry to hear about Pauline's friend's mam passing, Graham.   What good friends you and Pauline are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings all,  I've been off. the board for a week.  I've been on a family cruise on Harmony of the Seas.  We are just starting the second week of our B2B.  It was a hectic week and that kept off the board.  Hope all is well with everyone.  I'm still praying for you daily @dani negreanu

I just started a live thread on the second half of my cruise.  

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, Sea Dog said:

So now that we canceled our Beyond sailing we are thinking of taking that money and putting it into some permanent outdoor house lighting not only for Christmas but all year round. It’s from a company called Jellyfish Lighting. It’s all LED programmable and just about every color imaginable. Hers a video. What do you think? It’s not cheap around $3800 but it’s cheaper than what we would spend on our cruise. Either do something like this or just save the money for another cruise. Thoughts?

After spending an extremely nostalgic weekend with old college friends - the same group of friends that I reconnected with & spent a long weekend at a lake side cabin in the Adirondacks this past summer - I'm of the mind set that new memories and experiences are far more important than "more things". I also help one of my old college buddies clean out his childhood home after his aging parents moved & downsized. Lots of "things" ended up on the curbside with a "Free" sign on them or in the dumpster.

I'd go with the cruise. And maybe not "just another Caribbean cruise"  but something with a unique itinerary. Or upgrade to highest class suite on the ship. Or a European cruise with a European side trip added in. Or Australia.

Yes, the lights are awesome but after a week, how much time are you going to spend outside looking at them?  Other than a handful of holidays, how much use are they going to get Jan - Sept?

Just my humble opinion.

• Like 15

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

After spending an extremely nostalgic weekend with old college friends - the same group of friends that I reconnected with & spent a long weekend at a lake side cabin in the Adirondacks this past summer - I'm of the mind set that new memories and experiences are far more important than "more things". I also help one of my old college buddies clean out his childhood home after his aging parents moved & downsized. Lots of "things" ended up on the curbside with a "Free" sign on them or in the dumpster.

I'd go with the cruise. And maybe not "just another Caribbean cruise"  but something with a unique itinerary. Or upgrade to highest class suite on the ship. Or a European cruise with a European side trip added in. Or Australia.

Yes, the lights are awesome but after a week, how much time are you going to spend outside looking at them?  Other than a handful of holidays, how much use are they going to get Jan - Sept?

Just my humble opinion.

A very valid and poignant opinion. One that I will consider very important. 

Thank you! ❤️

• Thanks 1

On 12/16/2023 at 7:23 PM, George C said:

We had a very nice afternoon went to see the play “Christmas Carol “ which Dallas theater shows every year, but they change it up every year, this year had more songs than before , large cast was super talented. Really hope Bills my favorite team beats cowboys my least favorite team tomorrow. I most likely will place a few bets with my poker buddies before game starts. 

Your wish was granted boo cowboys

• Thanks 1

We celebrated Christmas this weekend with the family.   This is the GKs table.  Finnley sat at our table and Lottie didn't want her pic taken. 

image.thumb.png.b2f9c3c1d6c3eaa4bacc4a2bc3a8dc59.png

The kids were here from the beginning of the day and the last left right before 11pm.

We loved having them.  Lots of fun.   I have to say that when the day was over I had a new favorite Christmas Carol....... Silent Night!  😆 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Finished my last 2 ornaments for this year today while it downpoured outside.  These were the fanciest I did.  For anyone interested check out Ornament Girl.  She has many different patterns, most of which you need to buy, but this was a free one I got to try them out.  May buy one for next year not hard to do once you get the hang of them.

20231217_150305.thumb.jpg.d47bf4ea85bd540d5fcb23445b8b2056.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We celebrated Christmas this weekend with the family.   This is the GKs table.  Finnley sat at our table and Lottie didn't want her pic taken. 

The kids were here from the beginning of the day and the last left right before 11pm.

We loved having them.  Lots of fun.   I have to say that when the day was over I had a new favorite Christmas Carol....... Silent Night!  😆 

They are all so beautiful, John!  Each and every one of them!  Thank you for sharing your little loves with us.  A "memory" came up on my FB page today that was taken 7 years ago of all 7 of my grandchildren, and my question was "where did the time go?" 

I know you are enjoying every minute with them!😉❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Very sweet!  

We will have all 6 of ours here for about 5 days next week.  We love having them but also we realize we aren’t used to the chaos anymore.  At the end we will be ready for a Silent Night!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, akcruz said:

Finished my last 2 ornaments for this year today.  These were the fanciest.  For anyone interested check out Ornament Girl.  She has many different patterns, most of which you need to buy, but this was a free one I got to try them out.  May buy one for next year nit hard to do once you get the hang of them.

Beautiful, April!  Love them!  Did it take long to make?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Beautiful family!  I’m sure they loved being there with you.  Proof of a blessed lifer. 😊

• Thanks 1

I am a very happy boy, if Buffalo Bills were going to win one game this year I wanted this game . Won a few dollars playing poker and a small bet on Bills and before game bought peacock which is hosting the Bills game this Saturday. I will have to replay the game since I missed most of the plays because of poker.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, akcruz said:

Finished my last 2 ornaments for this year today while it downpoured outside.  These were the fanciest I did.  For anyone interested check out Ornament Girl.  She has many different patterns, most of which you need to buy, but this was a free one I got to try them out.  May buy one for next year not hard to do once you get the hang of them.

Beautiful!

• Thanks 1