Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

No, it was a Chevy, and a big yes to Heather.  As a young teen back then I appreciated her. 

A big yes to either Heather Thomas OR Heather Locklear back then.  I appreciated them both.  Although even Heather Locklear was not enough to make me watch TJ Hooker.  I just saw that William Shatner turned 90.  Hard to believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

A big yes to either Heather Thomas OR Heather Locklear back then.  I appreciated them both.  Although even Heather Locklear was not enough to make me watch TJ Hooker.  I just saw that William Shatner turned 90.  Hard to believe.

Remember Heather Locklear in Melrose Place?

• Like 1

Hopefully, today will be a boring day.  We got our replacement washer/dryer and need to get caught up on laundry.  My wife decided to go back to a top load washer rather than a front load.  She never did like the newer front loaders.  We have someone coming this morning to look at our water softener.  We're sometimes getting a salt taste in the water.  Hopefully that's an easy fix as we've already had enough unexpected expenses in the last week on sealing up our attic and replacing our washer/dryer.  And then we get our first shots (Moderna) at 7:00 tonight.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We lived in Rockland County for 27 years before moving to Texas; first 20 in Tappan which as you probably know borders Bergen County.  Next 7 years in New City. I got to know Paramus malls intimately! Loved taking my daughter to Van Saun park when she was little. 

To say we have been to those places a lot is an understatement. 😉

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Best season ending cliff hanger that I've seen in a long time.  Can't wait to see what happens.  I think I've posted my prediction here before that Kayce and Rip are going to lose their minds and go ballistic, with Kayce being the precise scalpel and Rip being the blunt sledge hammer.  I won't say why for those who still haven't seen it.

We just started Yellowstone last night - loving it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, George C said:

Before moving to Dallas I lived in Kew Gardens which is next door to Forest Hills.

My grandparents lived in Kew Gardens (hence my mother grew up there). In fact one of my relatives still lives in that house.

My husband also lived in Kew Gardens for a few years after we graduated from college/university. 🙂

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mets07 said:
9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I got to know Paramus malls intimately! Loved taking my daughter to Van Saun park when she was little. 

To say we have been to those places a lot is an understatement. 😉

Bergen Town Center at the intersection to RT 4 & RT 17 is considered one of the first modern shopping malls in the country when it was built in 1957. A fun fact I just looked up is that at the time, people thought there be no more than 50 shopping malls across the country. Today, I think there are 50 just in Paramus, NJ. LOL

As a child, my parents would drag me there for Christmas shopping. Back then, late 1960's, it was an outdoor mall so, yeah, no fun. In those days, shopping in Rockland County was somewhat limited. Plus, NY charged sales tax on clothing and NJ did not. Which adds up in a family of 4 children.

As an adult, Paramus Park was my shopping mall of choice.  Far less crowded & easy access from the parkway.  Two main criteria for me when shopping.

EDIT: Correction. It is Garden State Plaza, not Bergen Town Center that I was referring to.

Edited by HBE4

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Plus, NY charged sales tax on clothing and NJ did not. Which adds up in a family of 4 children.

As an adult, Paramus Park was my shopping mall of choice.  Far less crowded & easy access from the parkway.  Two main criteria for me when shopping.

We still have no sales tax on clothing in NJ, which is great.

I also like Paramus Park mall, but it has suffered (what hasn't?) during the pandemic. A number of the stores have closed and the place is fairly deserted.

• Like 1

We invented a game called Beer Hooker in college. Every time they said Hooker, you had to drink. If they said TJ Hooker, you had to down it all. Good times

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Star Trek - The Trouble With Tribbles

That episode was made for laughs and is truly a classic, but I think "City on the Edge of Forever" has to be one of my favorites. Such a profound and powerful storyline. Of course, who can forget the Gorn....lol    I got partway through the newer "Picard" on  CBS all access but then got bogged down with it and fell behind. I got as far as when Capt. Pike shows up. Pay the $5 / month for CBS (now Paramount) but basically never use it. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Hopefully, today will be a boring day.  We got our replacement washer/dryer and need to get caught up on laundry.  My wife decided to go back to a top load washer rather than a front load.  She never did like the newer front loaders.  We have someone coming this morning to look at our water softener.  We're sometimes getting a salt taste in the water.  Hopefully that's an easy fix as we've already had enough unexpected expenses in the last week on sealing up our attic and replacing our washer/dryer.  And then we get our first shots (Moderna) at 7:00 tonight.

We bailed on front loads for this place. Unless you have a specific application for one, top loads are better. Also got gas dryer, not sold on that. The heat just seems damp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We invented a game called Beer Hooker in college. Every time they said Hooker, you had to drink. If they said TJ Hooker, you had to down it all. Good times

LOL...not sure how far back your college days go, but I recall having to wait to use a pay phone at the end of the dorm hallway!  Never heard of the beer hooker game!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We got our replacement washer/dryer

Wow....yeah...we ordred a new dishwasher back in October and, due to covid delays, etc. only got it a few weeks ago. Now have a new washer ordered as of about a month ago so hopefully won't take quite as long. Replacing our first ever washer - Maytag bought in '81. Suffice to say they "don't make 'em like that anymore"! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

LOL...not sure how far back your college days go, but I recall having to wait to use a pay phone at the end of the dorm hallway!  Never heard of the beer hooker game!  

Graduated in '84

Beer Hooker was after we moved out of dorms

Just now, John&LaLa said:

Graduated in '84

Ah...got you beat by 7 years, but close enough. No cell phones, etc....what a different time. Used to go over to the basement of the dining hall (snack bar, tvs, etc.) at college to at least catch Johnny Carson's opening monologue. 

• Like 1