Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lucky me, I had a root canal yesterday.  I survived but sitting in the chair for so long killed me!

Happy Passover, not sure when it begins but enjoy.

My dad was an Endodontist. I assisted with many root canals during my high school and college years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, retiredgram said:

Hubby and I just got back from getting our second shot (Pfizer).  Didn't even feel the needle.  No side effects the first time.  Hopefully, no side effects this time.   We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Glad you had no aftereffects. We felt like crap a full day after our 2nd moderna. Chills, fever, fatigue, and (for me) bad headache. Slept nearly the entire day. But the worse (if it indeed has anything to do with the shot) came a few days later when my left ear felt completely clogged and a feeling of constant pressure. Even worse, a few days after that came the worst vertigo / dizziness attack I've ever had. Sick for hours and basically up most of the night. Still have hearing problems but gradually getting better. Went to two doctors the day after the severe vertigo and am on a corticosteroid nasal spray. I do have meniere's disease and so am prone to vestibular issues, but still,  I was on a forum where many people were reporting the exact same thing following vaccine shots and many of those have no prior vestibular issues. So...can't prove any definite link but...certainly interesting. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Let me know how it goes. I'm scheduled to get my first jab tomorrow afternoon @ 2:30. (14:30 for the people in Europe 🙂 )

My thinking sure has evolved over the past few months when I said I wouldn't wait for many months just to be sure.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I felt the same as you.  Last fall I was saying I would wait several months before getting the vaccine, but as soon as I got email from our dept of health that we were eligible we scheduled.

Same here. All my friends and family thought "we should wait and see if people would grow tails and noses (?)", no rush whatsoever...", but rush it was. 

I guess we were more than fed up with lockdowns and fear....

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George C said:

My day just got better , wife got her first shot yesterday and we will celebrate her big birthday which is on July 4th in a royal suite on Celebrity sailing out of St Maarten.

The best way to "royally" celebrate a big b'day 😁 🌹🌺

• Like 3

2 hours ago, retiredgram said:

Hubby and I just got back from getting our second shot (Pfizer).  Didn't even feel the needle.  No side effects the first time.  Hopefully, no side effects this time.   We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck for a pain free second vaccine jab.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Getting my 2nd Pfizer jab at 3 pm today as well.  Our Governor is announcing next age group eligibility today, which will include DH.  Once we know the date of his shot(s) we can start booking hotels for our planned road trip to FL.  Hoping for 2-3 weeks there beginning mid-May. 

I hope you have a pain free experience with your second vaccine jab.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Lucky me, I had a root canal yesterday.  I survived but sitting in the chair for so long killed me!

Happy Passover, not sure when it begins but enjoy.

I feel for you, Marrietta. Root canals are awful. Glad you're after....

Thanks, Passover starts Saturday evening. It lasts 8 days.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Just got done with my second Pfizer jab. It wasn’t as bad as the first one.  Wonder what kind of side effects I will have.

But it’s time for a little treat for me.  My usual:  Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake and Key Lime Cheesecake.  With extra whip cream!  @John&LaLaDoubly delicious!

1B9641C8-6C3A-4AE0-8B7C-FDD271DF975B.thumb.jpeg.470508efbe77a32793356562d317e354.jpeg

Nice treat.

Hopefully you have no after effects with your second vaccine jab.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@BonTexasNY, @lenquixote66

Happy and Kosher Passover 🌺

Pack of Matzos -- bought.

Chopped liver -- Check.

Gefilte fish -- on their way...

Thank you and same to you.  Everything is ready! Passover food so expensive. 1lb box of matzo is $4.99. Kosher chickens approx $16.  That's raw!  Glad it's only once a year.  My mother in law in Israel used to buy live carp, have them swim in the bathtub until it was time to make gefilte fish. Can you share a good chopped liver recipe?

4 hours ago, retiredgram said:

We are sitting at vaccine center doing our 15 min wait after just getting our 2nd shot of pfizer.  The first shot felt nothing, this one hurt going in.  She really jabbed hard.  Fingers crossed no side effects.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Getting my 2nd Pfizer jab at 3 pm today as well.  Our Governor is announcing next age group eligibility today, which will include DH.  Once we know the date of his shot(s) we can start booking hotels for our planned road trip to FL.  Hoping for 2-3 weeks there beginning mid-May. 

Just got mine.  Good luck.  Hoping for no side effects for all of us🤩

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Glad you had no aftereffects. We felt like crap a full day after our 2nd moderna. Chills, fever, fatigue, and (for me) bad headache. Slept nearly the entire day. But the worse (if it indeed has anything to do with the shot) came a few days later when my left ear felt completely clogged and a feeling of constant pressure. Even worse, a few days after that came the worst vertigo / dizziness attack I've ever had. Sick for hours and basically up most of the night. Still have hearing problems but gradually getting better. Went to two doctors the day after the severe vertigo and am on a corticosteroid nasal spray. I do have meniere's disease and so am prone to vestibular issues, but still,  I was on a forum where many people were reporting the exact same thing following vaccine shots and many of those have no prior vestibular issues. So...can't prove any definite link but...certainly interesting. 

Oh no!  Hope by now you are all better.  For me it was headaches and fatigue for 2 weeks after 2nd jab.  DH was fine.

So glad to read so many in here are getting jabbed, hopefully with no side effects.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are sitting at vaccine center doing our 15 min wait after just getting our 2nd shot of pfizer.  The first shot felt nothing, this one hurt going in.  She really jabbed hard.  Fingers crossed no side effects.

She was putting the band aid on and I never even felt a little pinch or *****.  I even told my hubby jokingly "I wonder if she really gave me the shot".  Hope you don't have any side effects.  So far so good.

• Like 3