Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have sold chocolate covered Raisins, Peanuts, Brazil nuts as well other chocolate and sugar confectionary for over 35 years with various companies.

I don't "discriminate" -- everything "covered" goes....😁

Though my favorites are chocolate covered plums (I think those are mainly manufactured in the late Eastern block).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Though my favorites are chocolate covered plums (I think those are mainly manufactured in the late Eastern block).

These are a favourite of Pauline and i.

Screenshot_20210325_090248_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

ador laptele si, ciocolata alba

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We bailed on front loads for this place. Unless you have a specific application for one, top loads are better. Also got gas dryer, not sold on that. The heat just seems damp

Over the years I have been told by appliance repair people that top load washers are much better than front loaders.

I used to have gas dryer but converted to electric dryer about 5 years ago and do find it dried quicker than gas version.   I also got dryer with a steam feature that is great for clothes that tend to wrinkle.  

20 hours ago, singinalot said:

just got word my financing officially cleared and our offer for the house in FL was accepted 😭😭😭

oh and they already have a renter for us

things could still go wrong but one step closer! it has not stopped snowing here all month. over it.

Congratulations!  Home looks beautiful, what town is it in?   

I know how you feel, Snow seemed non stop for us in February.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I had to buy about $50 worth of hoses, power cords, and connectors for our new washer and dryer.  I asked if I could just use the perfectly good hoses, etc. that are already in place from the old washer/dryer.  Nope.  Need to buy new to ensure that the people installing the new units don't run into any problems.  Sounds like a scam, but at least the new hose are all clean.

After a couple of loads in the new washing machine, we found that clothes were coming out of the washer a bit warm.  They were supposed to be rinsed with cold water.  Yup...the installers connected the hoses wrong, hot to cold and cold to hot.  The cold rinse was using hot water (and the hot water wash was using cold water).  Easy enough fix but really??

I had bought a maytag washer in 2019 and in 2020 that washer died.  Had some short of electrical short that kept blowing the main computer board.  Bought a new washer and was told I had to buy new hoses, etc.   I told them the hoses I have are only a year old and guy tried to give me a story why I had to buy new ones.   I didnt buy it as it seemed stupid.  

When delivery and installer arrived he said absolutely no need to buy new hoses unless existing hose is more than 5 to 7 years old.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, island lady said:

I got so tired of constantly checking to see if the Aussie 2023 schedule had posted yet, I failed to check right away this morning.  I was busy grocery shopping, doing laundry, washing my little SUV...then finally settled at the computer this morning at 11 am.  

Almost spit out my coffee when I realized they were already posted!!  😮 

Kinda like watching a pot of water boil. LOL!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Let me know how it goes. I'm scheduled to get my first jab tomorrow afternoon @ 2:30. (14:30 for the people in Europe 🙂 )

Moderna as well. Not my first choice, would have preferred J&J or Pfizer in that order.  But I was so happy to get an appointment 2 days after becoming eligible, I jumped at the chance.  No telling how long I'd have to wait. Some placedswere booked thru May while other said check back daily. I don't mind doing that checking cruise and air fares but for vaccines......not so much.

My thinking sure has evolved over the past few months when I said I wouldn't wait for many months just to be sure.

I felt the same as you.  Last fall I was saying I would wait several months before getting the vaccine, but as soon as I got email from our dept of health that we were eligible we scheduled.

Today we go back for our 2nd jab of pfizer at 3 pm.  

Hoping the 2nd dose goes as well as first one.  My only side effect was a horrible nights sleep, was very restless.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, A&L_Ont said:

I love this version of the theme to Twin Peaks. It almost more haunting than the original. 

The guitarist is from a Finish Band called Steve’n’Seagulls.  They put an interesting twist on music. Prime example is their version of this Metallica song. 

That was great!  Thanks for the morning entertainment!  🤗

17 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Let me know how it goes. I'm scheduled to get my first jab tomorrow afternoon @ 2:30. (14:30 for the people in Europe 🙂 )

Everything good so far.  We barely felt a thing for the actual jab.  No arm soreness last night but slight soreness this morning.  No other side effects.  

• Like 6

20 hours ago, island lady said:

Was on a Hawaii cruise many years ago, when they were still filming Star Trek.  George Takei was on board with his domestic partner. 

That is really cool to have met him. Always thought it'd be neat to go to a convention. Shatner came to our local area to do his one-man "Wrath of Khan" thing where they show the movie and then he trots out and talks to the audience for an hour or so. Saw some youtube clips of previous shows and it looked rather boring, so didn't bother going. It was just Shatner being Shatner. Read an interesting book about Roddenberry. If much is true, it surely was not one 'happy family'. Lots of tensions and frictions between Roddenberry and many others associated with the show - including Shatner and Nimoy. Roddenberry appears to have been, shall we say, a "my way or the highway" sort of guy. Took credit for lots of stuff relative to star trek that he didn't actually do. Quite the womanizer too - especially with Nichols and Barrett (whom he eventually married). Apparently a good bit of, shall we say, "hanky panky" took place. The guy was unfortunately quite the druggie as well. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today we go back for our 2nd jab of pfizer at 3 pm.  

Hoping the 2nd dose goes as well as first one.  My only side effect was a horrible nights sleep, was very restless.

Getting my 2nd Pfizer jab at 3 pm today as well.  Our Governor is announcing next age group eligibility today, which will include DH.  Once we know the date of his shot(s) we can start booking hotels for our planned road trip to FL.  Hoping for 2-3 weeks there beginning mid-May. 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Apparently a good bit of, shall we say, "hanky panky" took place. The guy was unfortunately quite the druggie as well. 

If rumors are true, this could be many TV/movie sets.  The behind the scenes documentary for Caddyshack was eye opening.  😲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Getting my 2nd Pfizer jab at 3 pm today as well.  Our Governor is announcing next age group eligibility today, which will include DH.  Once we know the date of his shot(s) we can start booking hotels for our planned road trip to FL.  Hoping for 2-3 weeks there beginning mid-May. 

Me, too, getting my 2nd Pfizer jab this morning.  It hurt the first time.  Will see how I do this time.  

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Me, too, getting my 2nd Pfizer jab this morning.  It hurt the first time.  Will see how I do this time.  

Hubby and I just got back from getting our second shot (Pfizer).  Didn't even feel the needle.  No side effects the first time.  Hopefully, no side effects this time.   We'll see what tomorrow brings.

• Like 7