Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I gave her a reminder and she emailed straight back so might be a good idea to email again before she finishes at 6pm.

Yesterday when I mentioned we had waited 64 days and Paul Ludlow said up to 60 days seemed to have the desired effect.

Done.  We will see.  Told her it was 68 days today and all I want is confirmation that it has been processed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Done.  We will see.  Told her it was 68 days today and all I want is confirmation that it has been processed.

Good luck.

She has been very helpful for us and got our refund in our bank yesterday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Graham, remind me of the day you cancelled and for which cruise?

Friday 13th March for Azura TA on 20th March.

66 days yesterday.

Health reasons for my December heart attack.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep OK, mine was 12th March for Arcadia 26th April.  Also cancelled due to age and conditions.

 

Ludlow's latest email says they are being done in request received order.  Not sure I believe anything they say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, EM35 said:

Sorry to disappoint but he signed both of mine as well!

I win I’ve got four of them telling me they’ll be dealt with in date order unfortunately they’ve sent the last first and our first refund was A006 which is a little bit before Ionas maiden🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good luck.

She has been very helpful for us and got our refund in our bank yesterday.

Just had a e-mail from his nibs

Apologising for the delay, and informing me that refunds will take up to 60 days.

Is he taken the Michael? we are already on day 65. 

Albeit it is only a deposit, he should be ashamed!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, EM35 said:

Finally received one refund from P&O for my 4th April cruise on Ventura. Received after 60 days exactly on the 15th April but only showed on my credit card statement today.

 

Incidentally, just received 2 emails from them apologising about the delay in refunds. Obviously, a standard email but at least confirmation that they have received the refund for my July 19th cruise which I cancelled using the online form. Maybe they have been listening to people's requests about receiving some confirmation when cancelling online. Now just to wait and see how long this refund takes to come through. 

Great news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 70 and I now have the 2nd card refunded.  

 

As I cancelled before P&O did, I have received 95% for 2 bookings with the other 5% going to a FCC (from the very short lived policy in March).

 

Not sure I will be using the FCC unless there is vaccine.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mat5664 said:

Day 70 and I now have the 2nd card refunded.  

 

As I cancelled before P&O did, I have received 95% for 2 bookings with the other 5% going to a FCC (from the very short lived policy in March).

 

Not sure I will be using the FCC unless there is vaccine.

 

Fantastic news you have received your refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I agree with Jean, giving out a BUSINESS e-mail is not against the privacy laws, it is a public service.  Otherwise all the CEO email services etc would be shut down


My suggestion was that putting someone’s email on social media without asking is - to put it mildly - inconsiderate. 
 

I didn’t say anything about “privacy laws” but would point out that a work email that contains an individual’s name would certainly be considered “personal data” under GDPR which is (possibly) why the moderator asked not to post them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t had an email! Is that because I’ve received my money ? Although it took longer than 60 days (just!)

I thought it was because I emailed his personal email on Saturday 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t had an email! Is that because I’ve received my money ? Although it took longer than 60 days (just!)

No. I’ve been paid out but I still got the email. Just waiting to see if I get paid again as the email says it’s in process!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:


My suggestion was that putting someone’s email on social media without asking is - to put it mildly - inconsiderate. 
 

I didn’t say anything about “privacy laws” but would point out that a work email that contains an individual’s name would certainly be considered “personal data” under GDPR which is (possibly) why the moderator asked not to post them. 

If a clear communication was in place non of us would have had to keep emailing several P&O.staff

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Could be a while yet... 

Michelle Just had an email from Helen Lamb saying we have been escalated and we are being processed, but no date... 

They are saying that we asked for the 2 refunds to be combined, we didn't... But they are implying its our fault... 

It seems they are working on the later date where the 60 days is up at the end of the month... 

Liberty takers... 

Andy 


Hmm Andy not great. At least you know someone is on the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, staygulf said:

No. I’ve been paid out but I still got the email. Just waiting to see if I get paid again as the email says it’s in process!


😄😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have now had an email from P&O telling me that my refund will take up to 60 days, I have replied to them telling them that I have already had it.

I just wish they would get their systems sorted so that they know who they have paid and pay up to those who are still waiting instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, funinhounslow said:


My suggestion was that putting someone’s email on social media without asking is - to put it mildly - inconsiderate. 
 

I didn’t say anything about “privacy laws” but would point out that a work email that contains an individual’s name would certainly be considered “personal data” under GDPR which is (possibly) why the moderator asked not to post them. 

You have made your point, several times. I don't see many agreeing with you. If I hadn't had her email I would still be stuck in no man's land. She answered very politely, so I suggest you move on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Selbourne said:


Although not everyone who has been chasing has been successful yet (although it seems most have), the response you have had (and some others have had) confirms beyond any doubt that there is an escalation process. My guess is that it depends on whoever deals with the query as to whether or not you get escalated. For what it’s worth, it was Helen Lamb that I contacted and I had a rapid response and the refunds were then processed within a matter of days, so fingers crossed your ridiculously long wait could at last be nearing an end. As I say, fingers crossed!


I didn’t aggressively chase them and I’ve got my refund this weekend like many others. I made two brief phone calls after the 45 days but they wouldn’t have known I was chasing as both people I spoke to just said if I’d done the online form it was being done! They did not take any details from me so they wouldn’t have known I was chasing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t had an email! Is that because I’ve received my money ? Although it took longer than 60 days (just!)

He doesn't like you Sue... 

He said I'm his favourite.. 😊

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:


😄😄

About a month ago I asked to move my deposit to same cruise next year. They said don't phone us, we will contact you. I now have the email apologising for the delay, but my refund is in progress. Looks like we won't be going on Iona at the end of August after all. If it does go,I suppose we could rebook, but only if Gary is still on board.😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

He doesn't like you Sue... 

He said I'm his favourite.. 😊

Andy 


Don’t think you are his favourite because I got one as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...