CRUISE REFUND RECEIVED

Twogreynomads

3 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

No, you shouldn't do.  You should still have your 0pc deal, which should be paid off as normal, as you mentioned.

As I mentioned the other day, the only thing you can't do is to use the refund to offset your obligation to make a payment already due on the card i.e. you cannot skip paying a month because P&O has refunded you, if there is an outstanding balance.

You have to, to avoid paying interest, either make at least the minimum payment every month on a 0pc card, or pay the full balance if you do not have a 0pc deal.

The only scenario, as mentioned by Selbourne and No Fly Guy where you would be charged is if you borrowed new money from the credit card company, that's not what anyone is doing.

I'm not an accountant or finanvial adviser of course, but hope that helps.  I think that I am allowed to mention that Martin Lewis has more information on the topic if you are in any way worried, as would the card company.

Thanks ...that’s reassuring to know, but I will have a look at Martin Lewis site just as a precaution. The minimum monthly payment is paid by direct debit and I just top that up monthly ...to get the balance down gradually. It’s all about budgeting! 

Edited by Mysticalmother

I noticed this on a well known travel agents website regarding refunds 

P&O - 60 days**

** If you are over 70 or your booking has been escalated, you can expect to receive your refund by Wednesday 20th May.

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted to say our refund has gone into our bank.

It didn't include our deposit so I will check in the morning to see if it was an oversight by P&O or whether I need to get it back from our TA.

Finally! Bet you’re relieved.

I’ve  just realised my deposit wasn’t refunded either but I think it was from a different card, it is a very small amount though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve  just realised my deposit wasn’t refunded either but I think it was from a different card, it is a very small amount though.

Update - just checked my credit card online -the deposit is now on there! It leaves me just £10 in credit now so I won’t be asking them to refund it!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, devonuk said:

Mine arrived this morning after 64 days from the online refund application date. Just the excursion money to go now!

Congratulations! So pleased for you.

I am now on day 64 too.

I have had no joy on the phones, so turned to email. 

Have it in writing now that refund is being processed, and because I booked through a TA they will send a cheque and to allow 5-10 days. 

Most people seem to be refunded to credit card/bank. Does anyone have a cheque experience to report?

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Delighted to say our refund has gone into our bank.

It didn't include our deposit so I will check in the morning to see if it was an oversight by P&O or whether I need to get it back from our TA.

Fantastic news Graham, now Pauline can get to the shops... Oh wait...😊 

Really pleased for you both 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TinyDavid said:

I noticed this on a well known travel agents website regarding refunds 

P&O - 60 days**

** If you are over 70 or your booking has been escalated, you can expect to receive your refund by Wednesday 20th May.

I wonder what they mean by ‘your booking has been escalated’, and if that is another way of saying ‘chased by you or us’? Whilst not everyone who has chased P&O has had their money yet, the majority (on here at least) seem to have done so now, yet I haven’t seen a great deal of evidence that large numbers of those who have done nothing whatsoever since applying for their refund (no chasing of P&O or agent, no enquiries etc) have received their money yet. Perhaps it’s just that those people are less likely to post? Either way, P&O seems to have managed to have hacked off the majority of their customers as a result of the way they have handled this and turned what was already a crisis for them into a PR catastrophe. I hope, for their sake, that people will have short memories when the cruise market eventually opens up again.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I was originally told by P&O I was getting a cheque but it was a different amount and any difference from what I paid the TA the TA would pay the difference.

A few weeks ago the TA agent confirmed this.

I have emailed a thanks to the P&O team leader who was excellent with detailed dates and payments to my TA and will see what happens about our £189 deposit.

Really happy to get £3.5k back though.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, alpha whiskey said:

Congratulations! So pleased for you.

I am now on day 64 too.

I have had no joy on the phones, so turned to email. 

Have it in writing now that refund is being processed, and because I booked through a TA they will send a cheque and to allow 5-10 days. 

Most people seem to be refunded to credit card/bank. Does anyone have a cheque experience to report?

I would email them back and query if they can do Bacs.

I was told a cheque because I booked through a TA then got an email asking for bank details and how much I paid our TA and would be getting a Bacs.

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Thanks Andy and hopefully your refund will be sorted soon too.

Hope you are both well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds fantastic.

Aurora was our first cruise in 2003.

We have a 14 night canaries cruise all being well on Iona next February.

Is that the Feb 20th cruise Graham?  If so we also have that booked and certainly hope that by then that P&O have restarted their cruises.

14 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I wonder what they mean by ‘your booking has been escalated’, and if that is another way of saying ‘chased by you or us’? Whilst not everyone who has chased P&O has had their money yet, the majority (on here at least) seem to have done so now, yet I haven’t seen a great deal of evidence that large numbers of those who have done nothing whatsoever since applying for their refund (no chasing of P&O or agent, no enquiries etc) have received their money yet. Perhaps it’s just that those people are less likely to post? Either way, P&O seems to have managed to have hacked off the majority of their customers as a result of the way they have handled this and turned what was already a crisis for them into a PR catastrophe. I hope, for their sake, that people will have short memories when the cruise market eventually opens up again.

I asked to be escalated on Friday 8th on 56 days and received an email on Monday 11th on 59 days asking for bank details for a Bacs to be processed.

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Is that the Feb 20th cruise Graham?  If so we also have that booked and certainly hope that by then that P&O have restarted their cruises.

Yes.👍

Hopefully things will have settled down and my heart attack in December is cleared for travel by doctor, government advice and insurance company.

I booked direct with P&O so will check in November before final payment is due.

24 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

We have our next cruise in Feb 2021 as well but ours is fly cruise to Caribbean so that has other implications and the ship normally goes out there in October. We have lost 3 cruises this year so hope that the Feb one goes ahead, will need a holiday by then.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I would email them back and query if they can do Bacs.

I was told a cheque because I booked through a TA then got an email asking for bank details and how much I paid our TA and would be getting a Bacs.

Thanks for your advice. Email done! We will now wait and see.....

• Thanks 1

Just now, alpha whiskey said:

Thanks for your advice. Email done! We will now wait and see.....

Thanks,good luck.

Hopefully they will sort your refund quickly and by Bacs which is much quicker and safer than a cheque.

Mine is still a mess. My T A has admitted my refund request made on 13th March, wasn't sent until 3rd April, PandO say it was 21st April. I didnt fill in online form because TA said they were doing cancellations direct on behalf of their customers.

No more business with this TA or PandO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sounds fantastic.

Aurora was our first cruise in 2003.

We have a 14 night canaries cruise all being well on Iona next February.

graham our very first cruise was Aurora in 2003 as well to the canaries to celebrate our 25 th wedding Anniversary, could off bumped into all those many years ago 😁

11 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

graham our very first cruise was Aurora in 2003 as well to the canaries to celebrate our 25 th wedding Anniversary, could off bumped into all those many years ago 😁

Ours was a short cruise with Pauline's mam and dad and her sister and her husband.

Yours sounded like a perfect way to celebrate your silver wedding anniversary.

39 years for us in August so looking for next year to celebrate our 40th anniversary possibly Australia to meet up with Pauline's cousin or the Caribbean.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I'm only giving up on this thread when you get your refund Andy, and I hope it comes through very soon 🤞

• Like 4