How soon will you cruise again?

On 4/12/2020 at 4:25 AM, SNJCruisers said:

Could you please provide me with a link to where you saw this online.

I am not sure what other cruise lines are following the CDC guidelines, but Royal Caribbean website has listed their Health and Travel Update on their website. Just in case the link does not work, you can go to their website. They have a link at the top of the page. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

10 hours ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

I do hope that there is concentration on getting a reliable and fast antibody test on the market ASAP.  That will help a lot. 

It will indeed.  They keep throwing out the "number infected" and # dead in the media, but the number infected is only those known through testing.  It's almost meaningless.   The "experts" are now occasionally admitting that MANY people have likely had the virus, perhaps 10's of millions in the US.  They don't want to talk about it too much because it can't be proven yet.  And it would weaken the argument to keep everything shut down.

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, ukestrummer said:

they still have no vaccine for h1n1.

H1N1 is a specific strain of influenza A.  They have had a flu vaccine for years.  And the year of the H1N1 outbreak, they actually produced and distributed a supplemental flu vaccine specific for H1N1 because the outbreak was identified after the annual formulation was made.  I would know, my office administered several thousand additional H1N1 immunizations that year.

But hey, you're on CC so you don't have to say things that are correct I gues....

• Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 6:14 PM, time4u2go said:

You're kidding, right? 

There were a total of about 8,000 SARS cases.  Ever.  There are currently about 1,684,428 cases of Covid 19.  There were a total of 774 deaths from SARS.  There are currently about 102,028 deaths from Covid 19.

Well of those 1,684,428 those are people who have been tested , clearly there are many more than that number that have not been tested that had the virus, in addition as far as the 102,028 again they were tested for the virus and had the virus, it does not mean they died FROM the virus (think prostate cancer).   Also how many people died from the virus/complications that were going to probably going to die within the next 12 months anyway?  There are certainly more questions than answers.   In addition I am sure that some people died of the virus that were never tested.  All these figures out there don't mean a lot, they are trying to figure it out.  I hope the scientists/doctors are acting as such and not getting pigeon hold into one way of thought. 

h1n1 i thought not have a vac , I know past prez have not acted responsible to SARS, H!N!, MERS etc, this time we got right on it. As far as numbers, they are skewed AKLL OVER the place, many as stated would have died from something W/O this China one. Who knows---NO ONE, even doctors and so-called professionals have NOT a clue. I am tired of all this China stuff, lets get back to cruising

8 minutes ago, ukestrummer said:

h1n1 i thought not have a vac , I know past prez have not acted responsible to SARS, H!N!, MERS etc, this time we got right on it. As far as numbers, they are skewed AKLL OVER the place, many as stated would have died from something W/O this China one. Who knows---NO ONE, even doctors and so-called professionals have NOT a clue. I am tired of all this China stuff, lets get back to cruising

You don't know what you're talking about. There was an H1N1 vaccine. There IS an H1N1 vaccine.  It's in this years flu shot.

• Like 1

Interesting topic and the exact conversation my wife and i had last weekend as we tried to rebook the cruise we had scheduled in june. We are both under 50 and in good health so not overly concerned about getting covid, but we also dont want to be stuck in quarantine.  So where we landed was late 2020 for the cruise, november or decemberish to take advantage of some hopefully good pricing from an after effect of this, and getting a suite so if we do get stuck on the ship, at least it will be in a big room.

Maybe not the perfect plan, but what we came up with.

this is not worth talking about, so I said something that MIGHT not be entirely true, will get facts. I do know what I am talking about. Lets quit this thread, not going to go anywhere, EVERYONE has opinion. Don't downgrade CC, MOST is great in comments , learn lots from them , NOT stupid people like you suggest . Stay Home, stay safe, but for me--OUTDOORS FRESH AIR. GOODBYE 

6 hours ago, BBQluver said:

I am not sure what other cruise lines are following the CDC guidelines, but Royal Caribbean website has listed their Health and Travel Update on their website. Just in case the link does not work, you can go to their website. They have a link at the top of the page. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/itinerary-updates

Appreciate the link, but since I'm borderline and under 7.0 and 10+ years from 70, I think I'll be OK.

16 hours ago, Clancy14 said:

Thank you for your pleasant response. However, the ports are not that important to me. I’ve seen every port in the Caribbean, Alaska , the Northeast US and most of Mexico. We mainly cruise to just get away from our busy, stressful everyday lives. And see the ocean,  and sunrises and sunsets from our balcony. 
After we retire (1-2 years), we will do Europe. My DH will not fly, so we will need Transatlantics and Repositioning cruises to get us there and back. 
Stay safe. Stay healthy. And stay calm, everyone.  Better times are coming.

- Clancy

Okay, I can see that!!  If ports aren't that important anytime being on a ship is great!!!

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Appreciate the link, but since I'm borderline and under 7.0 and 10+ years from 70, I think I'll be OK.

The problem I see is that the cruise line is approaching the underlying conditions as yes or no response. They aren't considering a yes, but under control answer will allow the guest to board. Since the physician's didn't apply to you, you probably did not read the letter that the over 70 have to provide. It requests that the physician certify that the guest has no underlying medical conditions such as ... then lists several conditions, one being diabetes. Right now that is a cruise stopper for me.

3 hours ago, ukestrummer said:

this is not worth talking about, so I said something that MIGHT not be entirely true, will get facts. I do know what I am talking about. Lets quit this thread, not going to go anywhere, EVERYONE has opinion. Don't downgrade CC, MOST is great in comments , learn lots from them , NOT stupid people like you suggest . Stay Home, stay safe, but for me--OUTDOORS FRESH AIR. GOODBYE 

I'm enjoying the RANDOM capitalization. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, ukestrummer said:

this is not worth talking about, so I said something that MIGHT not be entirely true.

Just to be clear, you said something this is entirely false. There is zero truth to it.  It's not that it's "not entirely true", it's that it's literally the exact opposite of true. 

And you repeated it.

• Like 2

I'm in no rush to reboard.  When the situation is safely controlled, when the cruise lines have put new procedures and evac plans in place, and when the USCG no longer considers cruises "persona non grata".  I have plenty of FCC's that need to get used up now; I love the Voyager-class ships so I'll look for some short hops to the Bahamas.  Not feeling confident in going to other regions yet.  Probably end of year or early next year if things have markedly improved 

I actually had pretty good timing, went on a cruise in December right before the whole Coronavirus thing hit.  I was going to wait until my daughter was out of diapers to cruise again which should be late 2021.  I'm just hoping that cruising returns and is fairly close to what it used to be.  I'm actually not as worried if the companies go bankrupt, if cruising is viable someone will operate the ships.

Just a thought. What does everyone think RCL's policy will be if during the boarding screening process it is determined that the passenger is denied boarding because of a fever or whatever.. Will they get a full refund? Also, what if the passenger is honest and said they were sick a few days before but are OK now? Denied boarding - probably - refund??

Already had covid-19; had fever for 3.5 days with no other symptoms. I ran three miles the day before I spiked a temp. Ran three miles three days after I got over it.

Two years ago the flu knocked me down for a month. 

Im ready to cruise. 

You’re very fortunate. Maybe your antibodies can be used to save a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Empehi said:

Just a thought. What does everyone think RCL's policy will be if during the boarding screening process it is determined that the passenger is denied boarding because of a fever or whatever.. Will they get a full refund? Also, what if the passenger is honest and said they were sick a few days before but are OK now? Denied boarding - probably - refund??

I would think a future cruise credit on those situations. I don't think Royal will just keep their money or anything. 

I was very confident cruises would start in June, but more confident July, now I just don't know. The pessimism has gotten to me and I'm not sure Royal or any of the big lines will survive. The negativity has even gotten to me.

Edited by JAMESCC
  • Like 2

I would think a future cruise credit on those situations. I don't think Royal will just keep their money or anything. 

I was very confident cruises would start in June, but more confident July, now I just don't know. The pessimism has gotten to me and I'm not sure Royal or any of the big lines will survive. The negativity has even gotten to me.

I wouldn’t call it negativity and pessimism, just reality and realism. A positive attitude is fine, but it does not change the facts.
  • Like 1