Disney World & Universal Orlando Theme Parks Reopening Roadmap Includes 50% Capacity In First Phase

RICCruisers

2 hours ago, shipshape sam said:

Interesting they suggest Cast members that are 65 and older to stay home.  Wonder if they are suggesting the same for visitors?

I can't answer that obviously.  But I can share an observation from my last visit there in early January this year before the stuff hit the fan.  DH and I are mid-to-late 60's.  By FAR we were some of the oldest visitors there.  I was honestly shocked at how few seniors were there, although considering we averaged walking 10 miles each day I guess I can understand why.  I guess my point is that while there are certainly seniors like us who do like to visit the parks, they will not take a big hit in income by asking us old folks to stay home.

I can’t wait to visit Disney world at half capacity, that really would be magical.   We always stay in the Epcot area and most of the visitor are over 65, especially during the week.   Luckily there is not as much to draw the families in the International area.   We like to dine at several of the restaurants and enjoy the Food and Wine event and the Christmas festivities before 12/19.

Unfortunately we spend more for a nights accommodation in the Yacht Club than we have ever spent on a cruise, even in the RS.   The club level in the Yacht Club is worth the additional expense.

14 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

How is this a Celebrity Cruise issue?🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Not Celebrity, but I think it does offer some insights as to what Celebrity too has to be thinking in the line of getting back to an operational cruise status.   When I was in business, we certainly were not abashed to consider 'good' ideas no matter the source.

• Like 2

When are they reopening? I think first day they will be open they will make their year  turnover. People will come in groups on schedule and visit all the entertainments there and leave tons of money on souvenirs and roller coasters and etc. Ohh boy, if they open this summer they will make millions for sure 

35 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I’m not seeing the connection to Celebrity so maybe this should go on a different board or on Tripadvisor?

I think there is certainly a relationship to cruising if for no other reason that many cruises begin in Florida where many theme parks are located.  How Florida handles their tourism requirements could bleed over to how they may handle their cruise ports.  No, not a direct relationship, but a correlation IMHO 

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I’m not seeing the connection to Celebrity so maybe this should go on a different board or on Tripadvisor?

How Disney handles the re-opening of theme parks provides insight into how cruise lines like Celebrity will need to as well. Operating at 50% capacity to start and employees wearing masks are examples of things one might expect to see with the first few months of sailings.

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Wouldn’t this be more relevant to Disney Cruise rather than Celebrity which doesn’t even sail out of Port Canaveral?

This is the 4th recent comment that you have made along these lines, questioning the presence of threads on the Celebrity board. In ordinary times, you might be right, but at the current time there is a great deal of overlap between the interests of cruise lines as well as between the interests of cruise lines and those of enterprises such as Disney. I think that most CC members understand and accept that, just as we accept occasional thread drift. 

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 5

49 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Wouldn’t this be more relevant to Disney Cruise rather than Celebrity which doesn’t even sail out of Port Canaveral?

No, it's equally as relevant.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Orator said:

Would adding It's a Small World and the Jungle River cruise be considered a B2B2B?

Imagine the horror of going on the Jungle Cruise, and not being allowed to dock due to virus concerns.   Two weeks of those corny jokes could do you in ☺️ !

• Like 2

In Florida and perhaps California, as goes Disney, so goes cruising...IMO, thus, the link to cruising and Celebrity.  At the very least, I think a little leeway is warranted with regard to the relevance of this thread and cruising...otherwise, the vast majority of threads started during the pandemic induced shutdown would have to be removed.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 10:57 AM, RICCruisers said:

See the link below.  It does not give the actual date of when they plan to open.

Thank you for posting.  I think this give a little bit of insight as to what cruise lines will adopt when operations resume.