Cruise with Confidence Enhanced

dutchclogs

12 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I don't know if I will help our situation but I sent your post to our CVP. I would love to switch to Edge if it could be worked out.  On a more positive note, we just added a Canadian Rockies tour to our Alaska sailing next year.

Do you mind telling me what category you are booked in?

We're in concierge - C1 - had to stay the same with no changes.  Since Reflection went to a 7 night and the exact replacement was the Edge, and we were told no to Edge as it was a different class of ship, we had no alternatives to replace exactly.  I'm thinking that was the reason they allowed Edge with a loss of OBC as the perk replaced by unlimited wi-fi.  In my mind, Reflection was cancelled outright and they rebooked the Edge with current pricing and perks as if it was a new booking, but somehow able to keep the original confirmation booking # to protect the onboard OBC.  Let me know how your cruise turns out..are you looking at Nov. 12/21?

Edited by oceangoer2

10 hours ago, bbixler18 said:

Can you point me to the #?  I've read the thread and can't locate it...thanks!

I re-read the thread as well to post the number I used, but couldn't find it...wonder if it was removed?  I think others have a few numbers now posted.

Took me over three hours to reach my big box TA yesterday and took them nearly 2 hours to reach Celebrity.  By that time, my category (oceanview) was sold out on the exact same cruise in 21 (same ship too, Infinity),  TA was told the Celebrity agent needed an exception from Revenue, but Revenue had just closed for the weekend and to call back Monday.  Sigh.  Our cruise next month has not yet been cancelled and I was one of the many on the fence about the FCC, until I saw the high pricing for next summer and then I was convinced I'd take the cash refund....until yesterday!  I have some very good promos, especially for an oceanview (3 perks plus $500 OBC/cabin) and I thought the enhanced CWC policy yesterday was RCL's first really smart, proactive move.  Not trying to get something for nothing, but the very few alternate 7 day Med cruises next year don't work for our schedule, so crossing my fingers we get a kind Celebrity rep on Monday. As of this morning, Veranda guarantees still available.  The irony was that our original cruise next month was not selling well at all!

Edited by uspearls
Added info

4 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

Hi, 

I haven't changed to next year yet, but have asked questions.

The number I use is 01932835918

When it asks for the extension number, just use 6 zeros & that gets you to a Celebrity advisor!

Thanks - I'll give it a try next week

Lots of decisions to be made, look  at our cruise in February. We have until August to move it on with cruise with confidence, or do we wait until final payment is due in December and hopefully by then have a better understanding of where we stand. Do we then cancel ourselves and lose our deposit, or make the full payment and take our chance on the cruise going ahead. Of course at the point of final payment Celebrity will not have cancelled so we are then looking at claiming a refund or FCC. Flights to be booked and possible money lost another consideration. No doubt many on here with future cruises are having the same thought about what’s going to work best for them.

Because Celebrity chose to offer the Cruise with Confidence program, and because it allowed for transfers between the M and S class ships, they have retained us as passengers.  Thanks to the Celebrity planner I spoke with who was excellent at ensuring everything fell into place, we are now booked for the fall of 2021 on exactly the same back-to-back cruises but with the second segment switched from the M class to the S class as the Millennium will no longer be sailing the itinerary.  Although it was definitely a pain to make the changes because of extended hold times, dropped calls when they were finally answered, etc., it was well worth it in the end.  Thank you, Celebrity; and thank you, "R" (our planner).

• Thanks 1

On 5/6/2020 at 5:39 PM, Fouremco said:

Good to see!

The rules state that Millennium and Solstice series ships are interchangeable under the rules, but you can't change from a Millennium or Solstice to an Edge series ship.

6 hours ago, oceangoer2 said:

I re-read the thread as well to post the number I used, but couldn't find it...wonder if it was removed?  I think others have a few numbers now posted.

Update and correction...found the phone number and it wasn't another poster, it was in an email sent by my CVP.     I think they're accessible on the week-end at this number

... our customer service number is 800-556-8209  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

The rules state that Millennium and Solstice series ships are interchangeable under the rules, but you can't change from a Millennium or Solstice to an Edge series ship.

That is unfair in many cases. I want to move from 11/20 to 11/21-almost the same date a year later. Virtually the same itinerary and CELEBRITY changed the ship from S class to E-class. They tell me I cannot do it. 

They call it  "Cruise With Confidence". I call it "Cruise With Confidence As Long As You Do Not Change To The Exact Cruise On The Edge Class". Jeesh- This is how they want to lure an Elite plus back (or anyone)? I have been sailing since the days of the Mercury and Horizon. This stinks.

Edited by morfred
mistake

On 5/7/2020 at 11:35 PM, Pushka said:

Thanks, that reassures me as I was told it would take that long too. They have to get some "work" done behind the scenes after rebooking, but the operator did pause for a break before booking to get some kind of verbal confirmation. 

Did you get an updated confirmation yet?  I'm at 48 hours and nothing yet that shows the matching price.  May give the customer service number that was posted above a ring tomorrow.

22 minutes ago, bbixler18 said:

Did you get an updated confirmation yet?  I'm at 48 hours and nothing yet that shows the matching price.  May give the customer service number that was posted above a ring tomorrow.

Not yet here either. I'd say we should allow them another business Day (Monday) and maybe check Tuesday? He did say they needed approval to get everything changed. I've taken screenshots of the offer and kept all the original paperwork as well. 

The operator I spoke to knew all about the offer and said that he would compare next year price with the July 2020 price to see which was the best price, and of course the original booking was a much better price, so he said that's what I would get. 

Edited by Pushka

On 5/7/2020 at 2:23 AM, Homestyle said:

Sadly, I think we will miss out on this offer as we cancelled our 15th March Eclipse San Antonio to San Diego cruise three days before the cruise that never was and received a FCC. The T&C say that it applies to current and new bookings? We had a deal on that cruise that we could never replicate as booked two years out and graded a bargain.

We were booked on that cruise also. We had a great deal for a sky suite. For us it was the hours to get their and seat class that changed our minds. We moved the cruise out into 2022 Chile to Argentina. I really want to see the  Iguazú Fall.

1 hour ago, bbixler18 said:

We got an updated confirmation immediately...mind you, my husband waited over 3 hours to speak to someone and just about 90 minutes to get everything done after an initial denial.  

Has anyone tried the lift & shift with the original booking being a senior or resident rate?  The T&C doesn't mention anything about rate types.  To me price protected would include these price rates but I guess I'm expecting some push back by Celebrity.  They never make these things easy.

13 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

We were booked on that cruise also. We had a great deal for a sky suite. For us it was the hours to get their and seat class that changed our minds. We moved the cruise out into 2022 Chile to Argentina. I really want to see the  Iguazú Fall.

It is just a shame that they did not do the, switch cruise thing back in March. We ended up using the FCC for a Singapore to Japan trip next April.  Sad to have lost our brilliant deal in a Veranda cabin including perks.  We have just gone for a basic cruise only package as was not happy at the time to have to pay double what we had had originally booked for our Chile trip for.  Would love to get back to Chile one day, but due to holiday constraints, it wont be for a couple of years yet.

51 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Has anyone tried the lift & shift with the original booking being a senior or resident rate?  The T&C doesn't mention anything about rate types.  To me price protected would include these price rates but I guess I'm expecting some push back by Celebrity.  They never make these things easy.

Yes the original senior rate worked for me!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

It is just a shame that they did not do the, switch cruise thing back in March. We ended up using the FCC for a Singapore to Japan trip next April.  Sad to have lost our brilliant deal in a Veranda cabin including perks.  We have just gone for a basic cruise only package as was not happy at the time to have to pay double what we had had originally booked for our Chile trip for.  Would love to get back to Chile one day, but due to holiday constraints, it wont be for a couple of years yet.

You certainly are one of those that lost out for sure. Obviously Celebrity are adapting on a daily basis, they must have had a lot of negative feedback about the sharp increases in cruise prices and certainly did the right thing by making this change. Just a real shame that they can’t look at backdating this for those like yourself but I guess they will see it as just too much work and not really doable.

Another sort of odd question about lift & shift.  I know in the FAQ they say that any amenities included in the price are carried over when moving the sailing out a year.  I also know they say that onboard booking OBC is also applied.  Does anyone have any experience with any other forms of OBC from Celebrity.  I have shareholder credit applied and I also have some OBC applied which was a promo between my TA and Celebrity. 

38 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Another sort of odd question about lift & shift.  I know in the FAQ they say that any amenities included in the price are carried over when moving the sailing out a year.  I also know they say that onboard booking OBC is also applied.  Does anyone have any experience with any other forms of OBC from Celebrity.  I have shareholder credit applied and I also have some OBC applied which was a promo between my TA and Celebrity. 

The shareholder OBC does not transfer over but if you still own the stock you can reapply for it.

17 hours ago, Pushka said:

Not yet here either. I'd say we should allow them another business Day (Monday) and maybe check Tuesday? He did say they needed approval to get everything changed. I've taken screenshots of the offer and kept all the original paperwork as well. 

The operator I spoke to knew all about the offer and said that he would compare next year price with the July 2020 price to see which was the best price, and of course the original booking was a much better price, so he said that's what I would get. 

Tuesday seems reasonable. 

29 minutes ago, Funbobby68 said:

Has any one switched and retained drink package price from original sailing , hard to pass up the 18 dollar a day drink package , on our transatlantic 

Yes. I had the beverage package and gratuities carried over from my original booking, as well as the original pricing.

22 hours ago, morfred said:

That is unfair in many cases. I want to move from 11/20 to 11/21-almost the same date a year later. Virtually the same itinerary and CELEBRITY changed the ship from S class to E-class. They tell me I cannot do it. 

They call it  "Cruise With Confidence". I call it "Cruise With Confidence As Long As You Do Not Change To The Exact Cruise On The Edge Class". Jeesh- This is how they want to lure an Elite plus back (or anyone)? I have been sailing since the days of the Mercury and Horizon. This stinks.

I had the same problem.

In the end I plumped for the exact same Reflection sailing in March '21. 

Hopefully, a lot will improve in those 4 months.