Terrace Cafe

Classiccruiser777

41 minutes ago, ORV said:

Got violently ill on that dish one cruise and never will touch it again. It was good though. 

I get that but I fight much harder for my favorites.

Once they sold me an "older" duck in Chinatown, one of those hanging in the window - not being a regular customer there - and I got pretty sick.'

Hasn't stopped me from eating and loving Chinese roasted or Peking duck though whenever and wherever I can get it 😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Hope it all works out well for you.

Don't forget that Sirena is the only one that has Red Ginger as well as Tuscan steak.

Well. Tuscan Steak pretty lousy for my money. Does not do justice to either one.

2 hours ago, bandgbasset said:

Sierra gold seafood on Greg street in sparks has live lobsters.  I got a 1 1/2 lb.  they were $12.50 a pound which I didn’t think was bad.  Also got some king crab.  Boy that lobster was good lol.

That sounds great! Thanks a lot.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I tried it on my first Oceania cruise on Insignia, and it was inedible...

In 70 years on the planet from jungles to deserts  east to west,  all seasons.... I never really found anything inedible......   Oh some things were better than others  but  none I could not eat given the time and place... and  needs......   Maybe we just never get to  realize  how good  we all have it .

images (1).jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

In 70 years on the planet from jungles to deserts  east to west,  all seasons.... I never really found anything inedible......   Oh some things were better than others  but  none I could not eat given the time and place... and  needs......   Maybe we just never get to  realize  how good  we all have it .

images (1).jpg

I'm pretty much the same way. I didn't really like the 'mushy' bugs we tried in Thailand and the rats we had was terribly overcooked. But "inedible"? Nope.

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

As others as have suggested ignore is a wonderful tool!

Kiddo  I think you took things the wrong way.......your "confession "  was that you worried that  you were neurotic or had a mental issue...       We and I wrote  thats no big deal....  and while we liked different critters, you having an aversion was not any problem either    There is nothing wrong  with not liking something  even though others like it.   Relax   .   

5 hours ago, Aloha 1 said:

I believe it was Mura , who posted the correct way to order at Waves: "Surf and Turf, double surf, no turf, no bun"😀

Perhaps Mura has suggested this tasty order as well, but I claim a least a co-credit for numerous postings suggesting that the tastiest lunch onboard is: “Surf and Turf: double surf, no turf, no bun.” So yummy a way to fulfill my daily lobster love. 

In early March on Riviera, I had to add “no fries” because of the excellence of the new Humphry Slocombe daily ice cream offering. 😉

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

I'm not talking about foods one is unused to eating but are consumed by residents of a particular geographic area or by someone from a different culture.

I think you would find a poisonous mushroom inedible, and I think if you had lobster mac and cheese that smelled as though the lobster would sicken you, you'd also find that inedible.

39 minutes ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

I agree with you that the fries are great. Fantastic, actually. I like them very much but unfortunately, so does my waistline! :classic_laugh:

I have no problem with my waistline but my BW does.  She is probably right but my passion is to eat so we argue a bit. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Perhaps Mura has suggested this tasty order as well, but I claim a least a co-credit for numerous postings suggesting that the tastiest lunch onboard is: “Surf and Turf: double surf, no turf, no bun.” So yummy a way to fulfill my daily lobster love. 

In early March on Riviera, I had to add “no fries” because of the excellence of the new Humphry Slocombe daily ice cream offering. 😉

I'm not at all sure that "Surf and No Turf" (or vice versa) was posted by me!  But I've seen many posts suggesting just that and I MIGHT have been referencing them.  For me, I like the combo but DH often takes no bun and double one or the other.

It's very tasty however you order it!

Mura

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mura said:

I'm not at all sure that "Surf and No Turf" (or vice versa) was posted by me!  But I've seen many posts suggesting just that and I MIGHT have been referencing them.  For me, I like the combo but DH often takes no bun and double one or the other.

It's very tasty however you order it!

Mura

I think I did it. 

20 hours ago, RJB said:

I think I did it. 

One thing I’m sure of is that it wasn’t you. 

Personally I’m fond of the burgers or a hot dog. I can get lobster at any of the evening venues, but you can’t always get a great burger. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ORV said:

One thing I’m sure of is that it wasn’t you. 

Personally I’m fond of the burgers or a hot dog. I can get lobster at any of the evening venues, but you can’t always get a great burger. 

Post 134    Wed. at 8:09

1 minute ago, RJB said:

Post 134    Wed. at 8:09

I believe they were referring to who has said it on a regular basis in their posts here historically. I’m pretty sure it’s CPam. 

3 minutes ago, ORV said:

I believe they were referring to who has said it on a regular basis in their posts here historically. I’m pretty sure it’s CPam. 

Either way it is O.K.  Does not make any difference who said it. 

2 hours ago, ORV said:

I first heard it in 2014, and thought it was Mura. Might also have been Lynn. So who wants to own up with it?