Is There Legal Action Available?

cruzsnooze

2 hours ago, CruzRamirez said:

I was refunded my cruise fare for the March 14 Sky Princess  on May 13. When I called Princess on May 11 - sixty days after  the day (March 12) on which I had picked the cash refund option - is when I learned that Princess had processed the credit card return-of-fare on May 7. The Princess rep said to allow for 10-15 business days for the processed refund to appear on my credit card statement. The refunded cruise fare showed up on my CC statement on May 13.

It does appear that the refunds are coming.  I got my FCC, but we are still waiting for a refund on a 3-22 cruise.

Edited by travelhound

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Where did you get that information?  It's my impression that many of the cruise lines are having delayed refunds if they are even offering cash refunds at all.  I have a friend who is still waiting on a refund from NCL.

Correct. I am also waiting an a refund from Celebrity. When we hit the refund option (and not FCC) we received an auto message that the refund would take about 30 days. We have just ticked over 60 days.

It seems that the cruise lines have done absolutely nothing to redeploy staff and boosting refund capacity and tat attitude seems to be that "we'll get to it when we get to it". Also selling cruises still that have no chance of happening is appalling behaviour. We all should remember that when things get back to near normal and the cruise lines are pleading with us to book.

Who am I kidding - I detest Princess and Celebrity at the moment but can't wait to get back on one of their ships. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, konatyme said:

What about cruises cancelled by Princess going into Sept.2020? We had a Mediterranean cruise scheduled for Sept. 12. We knew we probably wouldn't be doing it, but decided to wait until final payment was due to cancel on our own & see what Princess might do. Princess cancelled it about a week and a half ago, so there is at least another class - cancelled by Princess into Sept. We took the refund option, but obviously we may or may not see a refund. Fortunately, we only had about $800 into it, plus another $180 for a prepaid Princess excursion (which we hardly ever do--of course, this would be the exception to our usual private excursions!)

For your cruise as well as others that were cancelled in Pause 3, the deadline for making the refund option is June 15. Even though you have already made your option, mu understanding is that Princess will not start to process the Pause 3 refunds until June 16 has arrived.

Now I have no idea at all in what order the refunds/FCCs will be processed. Some have speculated it is by cruise sail date, so a September 12 cruise would not be at the top of the list if that if how they are processing them.

I have heard that refunds won't start until after the sail date of the cancelled cruise. For me that would mean some refunds wouldn't happen until 2022 and some at the end of this year. There is no transparency at all. 

I just had a long conversation with a Princess representative regarding my refund. We cancelled our cruise back in March. It was a 7 day cruise in November 2020. Initially I was told 7-10 business days I should have my refund. A couple weeks later I called back and was told it should be refunded shortly. I called back a week later and was told 60 days, which would mean it should have been released a few days ago. I called this morning and was fed a pile of BS which was not the right way to start a conversation that I was trying best to keep professional. I was told that they're all so busy processing refunds and they'll get to them but they're so busy. As I told the young lady on the phone, refunds were always released once the cruise was cancelled. As soon as the TA cancelled the cruise, a click of the mouse button issued the refund automatically using those things called computers. This is 2020 not 1920. They do not have legions of people sitting at keyboards going through refunds one at a time. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told she didn't have anyone she could contact to call me. I insisted that she contact the same person she would contact if she was sick that day and couldn't go to work. So unless I was speaking to the CEO, she has a manager. 

Anyway, it all boils down to this: someone at Princess has actively stepped in and stopped all refunds. It has nothing to do with how busy they are issuing all the refunds. I'll give it to the end of the week to receive a call and an assurance I am getting my refund. If there is no call, there will be no more Princess cruises for us. I don't do business with balance sheet thieves.  

What's really got me worked up is 2 things. The first is being lied to. That gets my goat every time but the next thing is, the people who decided to keep money not rightfully theirs are hiding behind the people taking the phone call making life hell on them. At least have the guts to stand up for your decision. Don't feed a line of crap to the poor person on the phone and then refuse to allow them to escalate the call. 

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

So unless I was speaking to the CEO, she has a manager. 

Perfect - I had to use that once also, as the person I was talking to a Princess stated they were the ultimate 'decision maker'

I made some kind of SA remark about the CEO answering the 1-800 # 

the matter got escalated and settled with a return call to me that same day

33 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Anyway, it all boils down to this: someone at Princess has actively stepped in and stopped all refunds. It has nothing to do with how busy they are issuing all the refunds. I'll give it to the end of the week to receive a call and an assurance I am getting my refund. If there is no call, there will be no more Princess cruises for us. I don't do business with balance sheet thieves.  

What's really got me worked up is 2 things. The first is being lied to. That gets my goat every time but the next thing is, the people who decided to keep money not rightfully theirs are hiding behind the people taking the phone call making life hell on them. At least have the guts to stand up for your decision. Don't feed a line of crap to the poor person on the phone and then refuse to allow them to escalate the call. 

Thanks for the share and it is becoming clearer and clearer each day that Princess is a company that cannot be trusted and is definitely playing games with people regarding their refunds.

If they think they can just treat people the way they are regarding refunds and have no intention of returning them then we never will cruise with them again and make sure all of our friends know how they really are too.  

Even if they offer a free cruise it will be NO (well, I guess it would not be a free cruise because they are stealing our money on this canceled cruise).

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, tonit964 said:

I completely agree.  That's why I decided to call Princess to get status before I filed a dispute with my bank. If the refund hasn't posted to my account by Friday, I'll file the dispute.

My refund may not be a done deal as of yet and I may be waiting longer than I thought. I just had a camping reservation cancelled yesterday late afternoon that I knew was coming and they were doing them in order of camping dates, anyway, the refund was posted to my bank account this morning. Not even pending but complete so, it's not my bank that has the delay. At this point I'm not sure with Princess and seeing the refund anytime soon. I'll report back as soon as it posts or I file the dispute.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

I just had a long conversation with a Princess representative regarding my refund. We cancelled our cruise back in March. It was a 7 day cruise in November 2020. Initially I was told 7-10 business days I should have my refund. A couple weeks later I called back and was told it should be refunded shortly. I called back a week later and was told 60 days, which would mean it should have been released a few days ago. I called this morning and was fed a pile of BS which was not the right way to start a conversation that I was trying best to keep professional. I was told that they're all so busy processing refunds and they'll get to them but they're so busy. As I told the young lady on the phone, refunds were always released once the cruise was cancelled. As soon as the TA cancelled the cruise, a click of the mouse button issued the refund automatically using those things called computers. This is 2020 not 1920. They do not have legions of people sitting at keyboards going through refunds one at a time. When I asked to speak to a manager I was told she didn't have anyone she could contact to call me. I insisted that she contact the same person she would contact if she was sick that day and couldn't go to work. So unless I was speaking to the CEO, she has a manager. 

Well summarised. One of the best posts I have read about this situation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I have heard that refunds won't start until after the sail date of the cancelled cruise. For me that would mean some refunds wouldn't happen until 2022 and some at the end of this year. There is no transparency at all. 

My cancelled cruise is over.

1 hour ago, Coral said:

My cancelled cruise is over.

Five of my cancelled cruises are over and I'm in the middle of my sixth one right now.

Also, did anybody else's Captain's Circle Club icon reset anywhere along the process? I was my appropriate rank a few hours ago, but it's showing blue now.

29 minutes ago, Cuedon said:

Five of my cancelled cruises are over and I'm in the middle of my sixth one right now.

Also, did anybody else's Captain's Circle Club icon reset anywhere along the process? I was my appropriate rank a few hours ago, but it's showing blue now.

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but this did make my night! Not only have they cancelled from under you, but they've kicked you out of Captain's Circle. AND I bet you didn't get your refund yet!

Tomorrow is 60 BUSINESS days since my cancellation and my sailing has also long ago ended. I exercised the patience and understanding that Princess urged me to and waited until now. Tomorrow, I file the dispute.

14 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but this did make my night! Not only have they cancelled from under you, but they've kicked you out of Captain's Circle. AND I bet you didn't get your refund yet!

You got that right! And then they kicked my dog, stole my tomatoes, and used up all my toilet paper!

But no fuss about it; find what amusement you can nowadays, after all! I'll probably end up watching the Bourne Supremacy tomorrow as it's filmed in Germany, where I'm supposed to be.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And for the people enjoying my journey out of the Princess ecosystem, my journey into oblivion continues!

When I try to check my Profile or FCC page, after logging in:RMpg57I.png

And not only is it "The page was not found", it's specifically "Your page was not found". I feel so special~! 😊

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

this was posted today

36 minutes ago, senior lady said:

REFUNDS UPDATE: We want you to know that we hear you and understand your frustration with the time it is taking to receive your refund. As of Friday May 15, we have refunded millions of dollars of cruises and we continue working through our back log. Our reservation and payment systems were not designed to handle this volume of refunds in a short period of time, and it is taking longer than we wanted. As we respect our guest’s money and time, we have increased the number of team members supporting this enormous effort and have made modifications to our systems. These modifications have increased our capacity to process these refunds and we should be issuing at a faster rate beginning this week. Thank you for your patience in these extraordinary circumstances.

this was posted today

Interesting. Where did you find this?

1 minute ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Interesting. Where did you find this?

At time of this posting, it's the most recent post on the Princess Cruises facebook page. (May not be the first one listed.)

48 minutes ago, senior lady said:

this was posted today

And they're still lying. 

Refunds fly through the system when a cruise is cancelled and is either batched through a mainframe on a regular schedule or it processed almost immediately through a windows or unix application of one sort or another. They do not have people, sitting around processing refunds one at a time. This isn't some Charles Dickens counting house for crying out loud. What happened here was simple. An accountant somewhere stepped in and ordered the refunds to be stopped to help the cash flow. They are in one of two positions right now:
1. The backlog that they created by stopping the refunds is now so great that their systems are indeed overloaded.

or 

2. They're still BS'ing their way through this and are hoping that nice fluffy post will actually be believed.

I'm sorry but that post means zip. Still a load of rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/18/2020 at 10:41 AM, dag144 said:

Arbitration may get the result the writer wants.  t is not a crooked process.

Of course it is.  Which is why the merchant, Princess in this case, states that it what they use.  They can bring the whole cabal of their legal department to bear which you don't have access to anything similar.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, nbsjcruiser said:

Welcome to the new cruise line business model for those of us stuck with having paid for the cruise.  Remember this for any next time...