More Cancellations Imminent?

Sleeptastic

40 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

P&O FAQ's

I see I can now use my FCC for a holiday after March 2022?

Yes, we are pleased to say that you have until December 2021 to put your FCC against any holiday which is on sale at that time.

That should mean you could use it against a summer 2023 cruise.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

That should mean you could use it against a summer 2023 cruise.

That's my plan. I'm  moving my deposit on a January 21 cruise to any old cruise in the early part  of 2022, and then eventually move it to a 2023 cruise, assuming Carnival are still in existence by then.    

12 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Never said anything about deposit only, we are paying the full balance!

Cunard state that voyages must be taken by March 2022.

Your FCC is redeemable against bookings made up to (and including) 31 December 2021, for voyages sailing until 31 March 2022.

I have a cruise booked for September, balance due on Friday. I don't think that this cruise will take place and if it does I would rather not be on it assuming over 70s can cruise by then.

I know that I can move the deposit to anything currently on sale and can move it any number of times but having read the Q&A on P&O website the option to then move it to a 2022 cruise only seems to apply to FCC not a moved deposit. Has anyone been told anything different when calling P &O, I am trying to get all my options clear before calling them. I would move the cruise to anything if I can then move to 2022 but if it has to be next year I will choose carefully.

2021 cruise is not the same itinerary September 2020 

20 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Cunard state that voyages must be taken by March 2022.

Your FCC is redeemable against bookings made up to (and including) 31 December 2021, for voyages sailing until 31 March 2022.

Tom, with respect, please read post 199 again.....

Yes, we are pleased to say that you have until December 2021 to put your FCC against any holiday which is on sale at that time.

any holiday which is on sale, by that time the new brochure will be out with summer 2022 to April 2023, maybe even further as long as it is booked before December 2021.

I have read post #199 just find it strange that P&O & Cunard are not singing from the same song sheet. Cunard will not allow currently any cancelled deposit or FCC to be used after March 2022 and has to be booked by December 31st 2021. Whether this will change in the future will wait and see. That is why I requested a cash refund for my cancelled cruise in May because I had got to use it by the above rules and having already got 3 cruises already booked for 2021 and nothing suitable before March in 2022 it wasnt feasible to have a FCC.

8 hours ago, majortom10 said:

I have read post #199 just find it strange that P&O & Cunard are not singing from the same song sheet. Cunard will not allow currently any cancelled deposit or FCC to be used after March 2022 and has to be booked by December 31st 2021. Whether this will change in the future will wait and see. That is why I requested a cash refund for my cancelled cruise in May because I had got to use it by the above rules and having already got 3 cruises already booked for 2021 and nothing suitable before March in 2022 it wasnt feasible to have a FCC.

They are all over the place. I’m guessing that P&O changed the rules (to allow FCC to be used beyond March 2022) due to far fewer people opting for the FCC than they had predicted, partly because many people had already booked cruises for that period and also because the prices are higher than launch prices so the ‘extra’ 25% was deemed worthless by many. Of course, the irony is that had they adopted this approach from the start, far more people would have opted for FCC and their cash flow wouldn’t have been under as much pressure as it has been. Maybe Cunard will flow suit if P&O reports that the change has made a big (positive) difference?

• Like 3

We’ve decided to move our late Sept cruise to a different one in summer 2021. But we’ve a few weeks still to go to our balance due date  - and gather that an announcement may be made this week about Aug onwards cruises. So we’re holding off transferring just for the mo in case we can get FCC. 

• Like 1

I see on another social forum that someone is saying that there are "strong rumours" that cruises will restart in August!

What planet are these people on?  They live in a world totally unconnected with reality.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Selbourne said:

They are all over the place. I’m guessing that P&O changed the rules (to allow FCC to be used beyond March 2022) due to far fewer people opting for the FCC than they had predicted, partly because many people had already booked cruises for that period and also because the prices are higher than launch prices so the ‘extra’ 25% was deemed worthless by many. Of course, the irony is that had they adopted this approach from the start, far more people would have opted for FCC and their cash flow wouldn’t have been under as much pressure as it has been. Maybe Cunard will flow suit if P&O reports that the change has made a big (positive) difference?

Agree, for us anyway. We would have taken FCC for our cancelled June cruise if we could have used it past March 2022, instead we went for the refund as we already have 2 cruises booked for 2021.

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I see on another social forum that someone is saying that there are "strong rumours" that cruises will restart in August!

What planet are these people on?  They live in a world totally unconnected with reality.

I suspect that they are getting confused with August cancellations, which I should think are imminent now that P&O has finally paid out for most of the cancelled cruises prior to then. As the current batch of refunds have been made, albeit right at the end of the 60 days (or later in many cases) I shall be fascinated to see how long it takes for those affected by the next batch of cancellations to receive their money back. There is no excuse left now for them not to start the flow of refunds immediately that they are announced, but I can’t help but feel that they will be made to wait just as long!

43 minutes ago, wowzz said:

It could be because they have read this news article, linked from the home page of the Cruise Critic website, which gives dates when each cruise line is likely to recommence cruises. According to this, quite a few are starting in just a few weeks time! What a load of tosh!

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/news/5206/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I suspect that they are getting confused with August cancellations, which I should think are imminent now that P&O has finally paid out for most of the cancelled cruises prior to then. As the current batch of refunds have been made, albeit right at the end of the 60 days (or later in many cases) I shall be fascinated to see how long it takes for those affected by the next batch of cancellations to receive their money back. There is no excuse left now for them not to start the flow of refunds immediately that they are announced, but I can’t help but feel that they will be made to wait just as long!

I hope they do not officially  cancel August cruises as yet. Refunds are still outstanding for March cancellations. I am waiting for the prize of FREE CRUISE allocated to the 1st person who reaches the 90 day refund waiting time. It's no  joy  today either folks. 

34 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Actually the original post linked the possibility of air bridges being implemented, to the resumption of cruises. An incredible stretch, and doesn't stand up to even a superficial analysis. But people are still piling in, saying how confident they are that their middle of August cruise will still go ahead. 

In addition, none of these optimists seem to have the slightest idea of the impact of social distancing on cruising.

• Like 1

My wife just tried to ring P&O To find out where our refund is and said she heard a message which said cruises had be cancelled up to 15 October 2020, but nothing on website or their Facebook page, anybody else hear the same message? 

Edited by Snow Hill

11 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

My wife just tried to ring P&O To find out where our refund is and said she heard a message which said cruises had be cancelled up to 15 October 2020, but nothing on website or their Facebook page, anybody else hear the same message? 

I have just been looking at the P&O site. As I was looking at October, the cruises I had just seen for the start  of the month had disappeared when I went back and the first one is Azura going to Barbados  on the 16th. Makes sense as Britannia goes to Barbados the week after and we go to Canaries on Ventura on 31st. September cruises not showing.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

They might believe in the power of positive thought. If it works I'll give it a try😆

Avril 

3 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I have just been looking at the P&O site. As I was looking at October, the cruises I had just seen for the start  of the month had disappeared when I went back and the first one is Azura going to Barbados  on the 16th. Makes sense as Britannia goes to Barbados the week after and we go to Canaries on Ventura on 31st. September cruises not showing.

Just looked again and 2 Azura med cruises (Aug and Sept) are still showing along with Aurora to Iceland in August. 

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

The P&O website now says that the pause in cruising is up to and includes 15th October 2020

image.thumb.png.4773be6f1b023b10996c40939fa21ed9.png

So wife didn’t mishear. She couldn’t get through as was getting the office is closed until 9:15 message at 9:30, guess agents were being updated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

The P&O website now says that the pause in cruising is up to and includes 15th October 2020

image.thumb.png.4773be6f1b023b10996c40939fa21ed9.png

I was hoping that they would cancel up to the end of October because we have one booked going out 31st October but have decided that we will not risk it, we will have to look at moving it to next year.

• Like 2

Hols4

Just had an e-mail from P&O saying all cruises up until the 15th October are cancelled which includes mine on 12th Sep. Am  being offered 125% FCC or a full refund if I fill in the online form.