Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Cdc order expires july 23rd.

Personally I think we will know about august sailings before the end of this month, long before the cdc says anything. Rcl is not going to wait until Cdc decides about extending and commenting to decide if a cruise is leaving august 1st. 

We will see which of us is right. 

That is absolutely incorrect.  RCL is not going to get to start cruising without CDC approving protocols and lifting the no sail order.  One has to occur before the other.  No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

That is absolutely incorrect.  RCL is not going to get to start cruising without CDC approving protocols and lifting the no sail order.  One has to occur before the other.  No amount of wishful thinking is going to change that.  

Couldn't they do cruises that don't port in the US?

2 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Couldn't they do cruises that don't port in the US?

Sure.  But there aren't too many established RCL "home" ports where they could do that right now.   Alaska, Canada, Hawaii cruises are done for 2020.  European restrictions right now preclude most sailings and any real startup for RCL is going to be in its home ports in the US.  Any  startup in those ports will be driven by CDC requirements.

12 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Sure.  But there aren't too many established RCL "home" ports where they could do that right now.   Alaska, Canada, Hawaii cruises are done for 2020.  European restrictions right now preclude most sailings and any real startup for RCL is going to be in its home ports in the US.  Any  startup in those ports will be driven by CDC requirements.

There is also Australia and China, both of which are in pretty good shape. Although I do not know when they would be allowing cruises

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m sorry but I absolutely don’t consider anything coming from CNN to be accurate or factual. They have lost almost all credibility. This seems to be your only source. Florida is fine. Hospitalizations are not increasing. More testing is being done each day so numbers positive will continue to increase. We have a problem here with long term care facilities and the death rate is high in a couple of specific locations. Using number of positive has really turned out to be a useless number but works for CNN. Have you seen much discussion on CNN regarding COVID19 the last two weeks?

So Fox is accurate and factual?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

There is also Australia and China, both of which are in pretty good shape. Although I do not know when they would be allowing cruises

Right.  But the information out there now seems to indicate that China/Asia cruises would be for "local" populations, not international (American) cruisers.  Australia appears to be very leery about cruise ships, with just cause.  I think we have to face the fact that American cruise lines and American passengers are not going to be welcomed with open arms for some time.

• Like 5

Idk if anyone watched 60 minutes but they had a whole segment on texas who opened sooner than many would have wanted, and cases spiking. Idk how these figures will influence crusing, but they must be aware of putting more people in close contact, positive cases go up. 

I've been posting how dallas is setting records in both positives and deaths. 

It remains to be seen if cdc will allow those who want to cruise to do so. But I still think the cruiselines themselves will tell us, by shifting crews and ships. .. before we hear officially.

1 hour ago, rbell said:

So Fox is accurate and factual?

I didn’t say that. Don’t want to get into a political debate here. For one it’s not permitted. Regardless of politics, CNN has an agenda and has proven time and time again, to steer there opinions in the name of news. Not sure any news channels accurately report news, mostly opinions.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Alaska, Canada, Hawaii cruises are done for 2020.  European restrictions right now preclude most sailings and any real startup for RCL is going to be in its home ports in the US.  Any  startup in those ports will be driven by CDC requirements.

Pacific Coastals are toast and any trans Atlantics in or out of New York seem to be closed for 2020. Panama Canal and Mexico are probably off the table too. If Florida makes any announcements regarding keeping their ports closed then USA cruises for 2020 are done for.

Edited by atanac
paragraph correction
  • Like 2

I didn’t say that. Don’t want to get into a political debate here. For one it’s not permitted. Regardless of politics, CNN has an agenda and has proven time and time again, to steer there opinions in the name of news. Not sure any news channels accurately report news, mostly opinions.  
Well to be honest so has Fox.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Assuming that the ships that will sail might be Allure and maybe Anthem, the loads can be as low as 30% to make it feasible to sail. The first cruises are not about getting ships with high occupancy rate it will be a bit of a experiment to test and develop the new concepts in practice in real operation with guests.

I don't think I want to be a guinea pig. The transatlantic would be a 2 week cruise. The President's Cruise is the week before. Do you think they are trying to thin the herd? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m sorry but I absolutely don’t consider anything coming from CNN to be accurate or factual. They have lost almost all credibility. This seems to be your only source. Florida is fine. Hospitalizations are not increasing. More testing is being done each day so numbers positive will continue to increase. We have a problem here with long term care facilities and the death rate is high in a couple of specific locations. Using number of positive has really turned out to be a useless number but works for CNN. Have you seen much discussion on CNN regarding COVID19 the last two weeks?

So because CNN says that data, you don't think it's accurate?  

What if they were reporting the data from the Florida Department of Health?  Which also shows an increase of positive cases?  Would you believe it then?  https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

New cases per day has doubled in the last week, according to their data.

You may not trust CNN, but it would not be a bad idea to look up the information from the source.  Based on the Florida data, I don't plan on visiting anytime soon.  Seems like a mess just about to explode to me.  Especially given how much work has been done in my state.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

While that may be true, an upturn in this graph would probably be the more worrisome.

image.png.39898e0b633584c09fbeb2350e00976b.png

Thank You.

The media keeps reporting more positive tests like it's verification that there are more infected people.  Not necessarily true, just more testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Thank You.

The media keeps reporting more positive tests like it's verification that there are more infected people.  Not necessarily true, just more testing.

Again, one can easily skip the news, and go to the source.  Make your own conclusions.  

Seeing cases go up may mean that more people are getting tested, sure.  But it also means it's not going away.  Time will tell, but until there's a huge downturn in new cases, then the risk to travel to Florida and back, well...  not worth it to many- especially since I don't want to bring it home and harm people around me.

23 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

So because CNN says that data, you don't think it's accurate?  

What if they were reporting the data from the Florida Department of Health?  Which also shows an increase of positive cases?  Would you believe it then?  https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

New cases per day has doubled in the last week, according to their data.

You may not trust CNN, but it would not be a bad idea to look up the information from the source.  Based on the Florida data, I don't plan on visiting anytime soon.  Seems like a mess just about to explode to me.  Especially given how much work has been done in my state.

I don’t trust ANYTHING with a CNN touch on it. 

Florida is doing a lot of testing for COVID19. The data you mention from Florida says about 5.3% are testing positive. The more tests, the more positive cases. The key is hospitalizations and they are not increasing. If anything they are decreasing. My 86 yo mom who has nothing to do has gone and had 3 COVID19 tests. All negative. She lives alone at her house. 

The 3 hospitals here the boss covers no longer have any NEW positive cases admitted for COVID19. 

Florida definitely has a problem with the long term care facilities. A few have been hit hard with cases and deaths. Both patients and staff have large numbers of COVID19 positive cases. There is a big debate on who transmitted the virus into one nursing home here with 22 deaths. They pinned it on a staff member but then the staff member says it was a patient who was checked out to visit Main Street during Bikeweek. The long term care facility with so many deaths and positives is also a Hospice facility and many that have died from COVID19 where under a Hospice care. Most all the positive cases now have been transferred to two hospitals for care. 

The boss is now seeing patients in her office. Started that last week. She still gives the option of Telemedicine but most now are choosing to come into the office. 

CNN has very little coverage during the past two weeks regarding COVID19. It’s almost like it doesn’t exist now. CNN has one agenda that started in November 2016. 

The best measurement for tracking COVID19 is hospitalizations. So many people are Asymptomatic. 

I too am not cruising anytime soon. Just don’t care to be confined on a cruise ship. 

Peace

M8

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Thank You.

Or.... there were always more infected people than reported it’s just that the testing was inadequate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Its hard to say really. From one point of view there is no really a reason that is not letting them start operating but at the same time they, as well as many other compnaies, are simply afraid of getting into a situation when their passangers will be locked up on board their ships 

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

No, we are not. Our cases are increasing and have been for a week.  It's going to be a long summer.

As have tests performed. More testing, more positive. Track admissions and deaths. We’ve had no deaths reported in our county for a bit and new new admissions in my area. My son works ICU Miami Jackson and he is not seeing increases. 

• Like 2

Florida cruises are on of my favourite cruises. Its hard to tell when they will be back on track but I suspect they will do whatever it takes to start operating as soon as possible. I was in charge I would start planning on Autumn cause this summer still sounds a bit too risky 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As have tests performed. More testing, more positive. Track admissions and deaths. We’ve had no deaths reported in our county for a bit and new new admissions in my area. My son works ICU Miami Jackson and he is not seeing increases. 

Not our county - we are doing less testing. The county health shut down the testing centers and only private labs are doing them now.