Will Florida cruises start back up in August?

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We preemptively cancelled our October cruise and are keeping an eye on our January cruise. If it is still looking uncertain for our final payment then we might cancel that and book a land trip in January last minute. 

I am a FB member of 4 different FB pages, for different Sandals that we have been too.  There is a lady doing daily posts from Antigua and the resort is at 30% capacity. She and her husband were the first guests on site since the resort closed.  

She said the airport COVID testing took them an hour and they were the only plane that arrived at that time.  She suspected those in the last rows of the plane might have been 2-3 hours to be processed.  Masks are being worn by guests at the resort at specific times as well as staff.  Spacial separation is being practiced and pool games are not the same as in the past. She said it is great to get away but patience is important and it is not the same as prior visits.

Does Sandals have a Flowrider?

• Haha 2

Sorry if this has been posted before but I ran across this post:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-ceo-admits-i-dont-know-when-well-sail-again/

Where Carnival is back-peddling hard on having said they would be cruising in August. The most I could find on Royal was they've said they're canceling all Alaskan, Canadian, and New England cruises through October. We have a Caribbean cruise out of Galveston scheduled for October 25th which was scheduled before all this started. If they'd let us move our drink package and reset our final payment date to 2021 when we lift and shift we would lift and shift it to October of next year. Has anyone had any luck doing that with a lift and shift or would we need to pay in full and get a refund for our drink plan and re-buy?

I am optimistic that Caribbean sailings will begin by Thanksgiving.  If they haven't figured out how to safely sail before the peak holiday season, the entire winter season will probably be shot and the cruise lines will be even deeper trouble than the are now.  I am eager to book a cruise for the end of this year and feel perfectly safe traveling, but am waiting for a little more certainty that they have an operational plan.

1 hour ago, CoolNickname said:

Sorry if this has been posted before but I ran across this post:

https://cruiseradio.net/carnival-ceo-admits-i-dont-know-when-well-sail-again/

Where Carnival is back-peddling hard on having said they would be cruising in August. The most I could find on Royal was they've said they're canceling all Alaskan, Canadian, and New England cruises through October. We have a Caribbean cruise out of Galveston scheduled for October 25th which was scheduled before all this started. If they'd let us move our drink package and reset our final payment date to 2021 when we lift and shift we would lift and shift it to October of next year. Has anyone had any luck doing that with a lift and shift or would we need to pay in full and get a refund for our drink plan and re-buy?

I've seen mixed results. At least one poster said they moved their $18 a day drink package with their shift, others no, so mixed results. My impression of rcl is herding cats. 

And idk carnival is back peddling hard. Everytime there is a cancellation round carnival says they will restart on whatever the next day is after the cancellations. Maybe just more honest than mouth pieces like john heald saying he doesnt know. 

Carnival has 8 ships at semi capacity out of 3 ports starting august 1st, unless cdc decides otherwise. Hopefully we will know soon.

Edited by firefly333

The numbers are going up in California, not only because of more testing, but because more young people are getting exposed and are testing positive. Now that school is officially out, they are blowing off the social distancing and mask wearing and seeing their friends. Our numbers have gone way up, especially within the county. We have the highest numbers in the SF Bay Area. 

• Like 1

Just hearing that Jacksonville may need to use cruise ships to house delegates to the RNC!  Not enough hotel rooms.   Apparently they also used them for the 2005 super bowl.   Not sure where to go with this.  If people get sick will they blame the ships and not the thousands of people packed together at the convention? 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Just hearing that Jacksonville may need to use cruise ships to house delegates to the RNC!  Not enough hotel rooms.   Apparently they also used them for the 2005 super bowl.   Not sure where to go with this.  If people get sick will they blame the ships and not the thousands of people packed together at the convention? 

Hopefully they will use Carnival ships 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, pack them into close quarters!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Given my daughter starts college this year and found out today she can move into her dorms starting August 8th I’m feeling more hopeful. 

I need to to get our August cruise in before the next huge outbreak and they decide to close down colleges and send them home again!😉

Edited by Spurschick

OMG.

I guess the delegates would be guinea pigs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Are you proposing that they would screen everyone at every port? Obviously someone could pick up the virus at any port. 

I’m not proposing anything.  That’s what the cruise lines plan to do.  Everyone gets touchless temp taken upon embarkation from each port.

10 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Obvious answer....don’t go to the convention.  Do it virtually!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spurschick said:

Given my daughter starts college this year and found out today she can move into her dorms starting August 8th I’m feeling more hopeful. 

I need to to get our August cruise in before the next huge outbreak and they decide to close down colleges and send them home again!😉

You wil ned to hope for October / thanks giving then it might be possible, if not a 2nd wave wil come.

7 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

You wil ned to hope for October / thanks giving then it might be possible, if not a 2nd wave wil come.

The only wave I want to be involved with is on the ship. 😉

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CoolNickname said:

If they'd let us move our drink package and reset our final payment date to 2021 when we lift and shift we would lift and shift it to October of next year. Has anyone had any luck doing that with a lift and shift or would we need to pay in full and get a refund for our drink plan and re-buy?

You can lift and shift before you make funds payment.  The final Payment date is then tied to the new cruise so you wouldn’t pay until sometime in 2021.

there was one report o& someone getting their $18 drink package carried forward and that was right when this started so he got a Royal rep that incorrectly told him he could and they honoured that reps mistake.   I put the odds of you being successful about the same as the $18 package happening again.

40 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But I was wondering about the resorts your frequent?  The is also one as you leave Fort Lauderdale on the North side. 

You know I have never seen anyone on that wave, let alone in their yard. The guy who put it in owns a paving company.  That’s what a worker at Wave Loc shared with me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

I believe the numbers positive are increasing. The boss here covers 3 hospitals in our large county. They are not seeing an increase in hospitalizations or deaths. The long term care facilities have been hit hard. One alone counts for 75% of the deaths in our county. A lot of these patients already have issues and some were in hospice care. 

My son, ICU Nurse at Miami-Jackson, indicates they are not getting a run on COVID19 admissions. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My son, ICU Nurse at Miami-Jackson, indicates they are not getting a run on COVID19 admissions. 

Tell him about Bayfront in St Pete - sounds like the nurses there are getting hit by Covid (along with other complaints about lack of PPE, etc.):

Nurse in COVID-19 ICU quits after colleagues get sick at St. Petersburg hospital

Bayfront Health St. Pete confirms 24 staff members sick

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-pinellas/nurse-in-covid-19-icu-unit-quits-after-colleagues-get-sick-at-st-petersburg-hospital