Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

43 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

On our SA cruise there is a 55 seat speedboat tour to see the penguins.   Someone on FB arranged it private for $120 pp.   Now provider says the time they can do it due to the tides are not compatible with tendering as the early departure would require all of us to be off in the first 45 minutes (early tenders used for Celebrity excursions) and the later time returns too late.

The same tour is available currently on Cruise Planner for $584 pp.   I believe a few months ago it was $399 pp.

They seem to be really jacking up everything to enhance onboard revenue.

I guess I don’t object to a business making a profit on their activities. They seem to understand the implications of supplies vs. demand. If they have empty seats on excursions or empty cabins, they lower prices or offer incentives. If the demand is high, prices can go higher. A business operation, not a charity.

Stan

11 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

I guess I don’t object to a business making a profit on their activities. They seem to understand the implications of supplies vs. demand. If they have empty seats on excursions or empty cabins, they lower prices or offer incentives. If the demand is high, prices can go higher. A business operation, not a charity.

Stan

A profit is one thing but monopolizing the supply and then price gouging is another. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Help!!

How do you link your spouse Celebrity Captain Club Account # to your account ???

It has to be done with a call to the 1 800 760 0654 during regular working hours (otherwise it is doubtful you will get someone from Captain’s Club.  Do not choose any of the options and just wait an interminable time for a live voice.  Then ask them to link the accounts.  You will need both Captain’s Club numbers.

Missing Point(s).

I haven't received the June Quiz point yet so I e-mailed the Celebrity engagement center a few days ago.  I hadn't heard back so I called the Captain’s Club # today.   The recording said it was an 8 minute wait but it was only a couple of minutes.  I explained the situation and the lady took all of the information and was going to send it to whatever department takes care of that.  It wasn't showing a record of the quiz in the system.  I also didn't get points from booking an excursion for an upcoming cruise, so I told her that too.  She also put the July quiz details, she said, "Why Not?";)

She said they are very behind, especially if you send an e-mail so what she did will be quicker.  There are many issues with people not getting points.  She let me know the points should show up in 15 - 20 days and if not, then call again.

I said I had screenshots of the completed activities but she didn't need them.

If you call, be sure to have the name of the activity and the date you completed it.

It was an easy phone call.  Total time from when I called to hung up @16 minutes.  

Now let's see how long it takes for the points to show up. 😉

The # I called: 1.844.418.6824

🍹

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Any ideas?

Just got the latest PuP e Mail.

In the heading it’s got CC# and points to date=291 points.

But my CC account has been on 296 points now since early May.

I have e mailed Celebrity centre several times to get an answer,,,the account showing 291 has been going up every PuP for months now,,if the CC account had followed I would be well over the number for Elite.

Celebrity never give an answer to this question,,once saying it’s ‘something’ to do with my wife’s account.

Hi

A shout out to Celebrity.

I rang the CC number here in the UK (0344 493 2033) first thing today and it was answered on the first ring.

Helpful girl worked out every point I should have earned going back to all cruises and PuPs,,,she found my account 12 points short,,,she couldn’t understand the x2 different point totals.

Alls well that ends well as they say,she manually adjusted my points and I am now Elite.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

As an FYI - Can I assume that you did this on a computer (as opposed to a phone/tablet)?   I’m not tech savvy;  I knew to remove my club number from the url (but couldn’t do it on the phone) and thought to replace it with the same number of digits of random numbers, but I can see that you have “insert number here” in the url. 

9 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Missing Point(s).

I haven't received the June Quiz point yet so I e-mailed the Celebrity engagement center a few days ago.  I hadn't heard back so I called the Captain’s Club # today.   The recording said it was an 8 minute wait but it was only a couple of minutes.  I explained the situation and the lady took all of the information and was going to send it to whatever department takes care of that.  It wasn't showing a record of the quiz in the system.  I also didn't get points from booking an excursion for an upcoming cruise, so I told her that too.  She also put the July quiz details, she said, "Why Not?";)

She said they are very behind, especially if you send an e-mail so what she did will be quicker.  There are many issues with people not getting points.  She let me know the points should show up in 15 - 20 days and if not, then call again.

I said I had screenshots of the completed activities but she didn't need them.

If you call, be sure to have the name of the activity and the date you completed it.

It was an easy phone call.  Total time from when I called to hung up @16 minutes.  

Now let's see how long it takes for the points to show up. 😉

The # I called: 1.844.418.6824

🍹

I did the same thing on June 17 but was asked to email any screen shots I have… still have heard NOTHING!

5 hours ago, twincheryl said:

I did the same thing on June 17 but was asked to email any screen shots I have… still have heard NOTHING!

I think they tell you they will add them next month,after investigation.

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I think they tell you they will add them next month,after investigation.

Haha... that would have been July 14th... but even the newest one wasn't added then.  Have gotten points in the past, but they stopped being added in June for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Has anyone seen any new information on PUPs in the last couple of weeks?

I have seen nothing.  It is almost time to begin the monthly vigil to see if our Club Points have inched upward as a result of PUP activity.   This may not be a concern for you anymore now that you have reached the coveted, lofty status of Elite Plus.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I have seen nothing.  It is almost time to begin the monthly vigil to see if our Club Points have inched upward as a result of PUP activity.   This may not be a concern for you anymore now that you have reached the coveted, lofty status of Elite Plus.

I couldn't have done it without a little help from my friends. 

• Like 1