Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We had AMAZING Auroras from our balcony last night! It was SO cool to hear our shipmates literally cheering from their balconies and up on deck as the lights danced in the sky!! The Captain posted cool pix on his Instagram, too. 

Cool. 

• Like 1

Can anyone shed any light as to why when my DH  sign's into his account the number of CC points hasn't moved since they linked his account with mine, its like its frozen in time ! Yet the number shown when he receives his marketing and Celebrity selects emails is going up with PUP points (although not all PUPs are being added to his) 

Its Bizarre, Mine are fine everything gets credited correctly.

I've tried calling but nothing gets fixed.. Arghh

I'm seriously thinking of asking them to unlink the account as he didn't even get points added for our recent sailing. 

Just curious, for those who have linked accounts when you sign in is your number of points shown the same as what is displayed in your PUP invite/marketing emails ?

8 minutes ago, 3JCruiser said:

Can anyone shed any light as to why when my DH  sign's into his account the number of CC points hasn't moved since they linked his account with mine, its like its frozen in time ! Yet the number shown when he receives his marketing and Celebrity selects emails is going up with PUP points (although not all PUPs are being added to his) 

Its Bizarre, Mine are fine everything gets credited correctly.

I've tried calling but nothing gets fixed.. Arghh

I'm seriously thinking of asking them to unlink the account as he didn't even get points added for our recent sailing. 

Just curious, for those who have linked accounts when you sign in is your number of points shown the same as what is displayed in your PUP invite/marketing emails ?

We have the exact same issue. He hasn’t been given his points for our last 2 sailings nor any PUPs. Instead of waiting on hold I asked Captains Club on our recent sailing. They assured me that he has the same number of points as me……but he shouldn’t because he hasn’t done all the PUPs that I have. I asked them what if he doesn’t sail with me? Our points wouldn’t be linked and then he wouldn’t have them all. They kept insisting he would have them regardless. I argued with 3 people in person and got nowhere. Sooooo frustrating! I know exactly how you feel!

1 hour ago, Ski-Lady said:

Last one I had was a quiz for Australia worth 10 power up points. I think the date of that one was July 21st.

If you look back a few pages the quiz on Australia was 17/08/22.

We've not yet been awarded the point, due mid September.

Edited by upwarduk

22 hours ago, upwarduk said:

If you look back a few pages the quiz on Australia was 17/08/22.

We've not yet been awarded the point, due mid September.

Oops you're right, it was Aug 17th. That's what I get for posting before I have had coffee. My bad, hanging my head in shame.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

Here come those on this thread that will say we should watch in order to learn🤪

And Celebrity is still pushing that Quack Paltrow's scams.

see:
https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/gwyneth-paltrow-and-goop-another-triumph-of-celebrity-pseudoscience-and-quackery/

https://medika.life/goop-and-gwyneth-paltrow-the-rise-of-the-celebrity-quack/

and (a PDF from "Quackwatch"):
https://cdn.centerforinquiry.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/33/2021/04/22173600/tina_goop_2017.pdf

Edited by RaptorBill
fixed spelling
  • Like 7

20 minutes ago, RaptorBill said:

The fact that Celebrity is still pushing that Goop stuff is just amazing.

• Like 4

On 8/24/2022 at 6:39 PM, Purplsmurf said:

We have the exact same issue. He hasn’t been given his points for our last 2 sailings nor any PUPs. Instead of waiting on hold I asked Captains Club on our recent sailing. They assured me that he has the same number of points as me……but he shouldn’t because he hasn’t done all the PUPs that I have. I asked them what if he doesn’t sail with me? Our points wouldn’t be linked and then he wouldn’t have them all. They kept insisting he would have them regardless. I argued with 3 people in person and got nowhere. Sooooo frustrating! I know exactly how you feel!

I thought husband/wife linked accounts both spouses have the same number of points, whoever has more. So if you cruise without your husband, his point total will go up to match yours. If after that he cruises without you, his point total won't move until he has earned more than you have. Anyway, that's how I thought it works, I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I thought husband/wife linked accounts both spouses have the same number of points, whoever has more. So if you cruise without your husband, his point total will go up to match yours. If after that he cruises without you, his point total won't move until he has earned more than you have. Anyway, that's how I thought it works, I could be wrong.

Well maybe in theory you're correct but that not how it's working for me and my DW.  I appealed to LLP largely because it got us to Elite + and a LLP rep set my DW points and status to be the same as my points and status.  They assigned an agent to work the issue.  After a couple of days my DW and I had the same number of points and both were Elite +.  LLP's rep told me that my DW and I would always have the same number of points.  I thought great, this issue is resolved.   Well that lasted about 2 weeks.  My DW didn't get the PUP points that I got last month.  I sent a note to the Executive Offices that handled the problem but they haven't responded.    So no, my DW and I don't have the same number of points even though our accounts are supposed to be linked.  We have another cruise in a few weeks, if it isn't fixed by then I'll appeal to LLP's agents.  

On a side note I think LLP is approaching 65,  I wonder if she is considering retirement.   I'm not the biggest LLP fan, but she has created a very responsive group that responds to e-mails.  

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

They do show him as having the same as me because I have more, but when I go into his account his points haven’t been changed for a few months. He is missing 2 cruises worth of points. I just wonder what would happen if he sailed without me 🤷🏻‍♀️. It would be nice if his account could actually reflect his  points 

We are new to Celebrity and having an issue with my husband's account not recording PUPs.  I spoke to a CC rep and they said they would get the points credited, but that of course hasn't happened yet.  I then emailed the same info to the CC email. Again no response.  Should I link our accounts so his missing point don't matter and he can just float on mine? I am a bit hesitant based on the issues some people are having with linked accounts.  I don't want to make things worse.  I am a bit concerned they will link them and delete mine and make us both 0 again!

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

Nothing. He would stay at your point total because you have more.

I believe this is correct. From the Terms and Conditions,

Relationship Points and Status

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

Found here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/join-the-club

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Nothing. He would stay at your point total because you have more.

Ok. I just wish his account would show his actual total. It doesn’t even show mine. He was fine until our cruise in May. He didn’t get those points nor the points for our last cruise. If he is the same as me then his account should at least reflect that. Oh well! 🤷🏻‍♀️

2 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

If two adult members over the age of 18 reside at the same address, they have the option to link their member accounts together by calling 1-800-760-0654. While each member still earns points based on their individual sailing activity, both will have access to the points and tier level associated with the member who has the higher Club Point balance. If the members ever stop residing at the same address, Celebrity may unlink the accounts. Members can also request their accounts be unlinked by calling 1-800-760-0654. Each member will then only have access to the points and tier earned individually.

For example, if member A has 100 points and member B has 175 points, individually, member A is a Classic member, and member B is a Select member. However, if member A and member B link their accounts, member A would then have 175 “relationship” points and Select status as well.

• If member A takes another sailing and earns an additional 35 points, member A would then have 135 “individual” points but still only 175 “relationship” points and Select status.
  • If member A and B stop residing at the same address and the accounts are unlinked, member A would have 135 “individual” points and revert back to Classic status. Member B would retain all 175 “individual” points and remain at Select status.

Odd. I never asked for our accounts to be linked, but also his points in his own account stopped accumulating. Probably not real important, but would just like his to show what he should have. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HskrCrsr said:

In theory, the system would operate as described on the website.