Extending suspension of Cruising

Cruiseboy06

8 minutes ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

What do you think  what will happen?   I believe that Carnival will extend it through early Fall.. 

That's been the key topic of conversation since the no sail order was put into place. We don't know...I sure don't. It's all speculation, opinion, conjecture and guessing.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't think there will be any sailings in August, but I hope I am wrong.  My guess is that cruising will resume on October 1st unless there is a huge drop in cases.

NCL announced yesterday afternoon so I expect the other cruise lines including Carnival to announce by week's end. October 1st is probably the new start date. (in MY opinion)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

I don't think there will be any sailings in August, but I hope I am wrong.  My guess is that cruising will resume on October 1st unless there is a huge drop in cases.

Hi

While I agree that there likely will be no sailings in August., I think there will only be a resumption when you see a huge drop in cases.

Any other decision could be considered reckless, after the fact, if there were any problems. Even if people are asked to sign waivers, which people would gladly do, someone would point to that and say something like, "See, they knew it was going to happen. These companies, in their greed put our lives at risk, as they call their lawyers.". Do you really think that wouldn't happen?

1 hour ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

What do you think  what will happen?   I believe that Carnival will extend it through early Fall.. 

Nobody knows....i live in Wisconsin.   We have been fully open since May 13th, and we are at our lowest point of cases and hospitalizations today.    We are doing great.

So, i have an idea....bring some ships up here and we can cruise on Lake Michigan  LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bingomamma19 said:

Nobody knows....i live in Wisconsin.   We have been fully open since May 13th, and we are at our lowest point of cases and hospitalizations today.    We are doing great.

So, i have an idea....bring some ships up here and we can cruise on Lake Michigan  LOL

Thanks for the invite but:

https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think tentative dates to start sailing again are just a way to kick the can down the road, so that they don't have to process 6 or 10 months worth of refunds all at once.  I will be delightfully surprised if they can figure out a way to sail before summer of 2021.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chyna3032 said:

It may have already have been mentioned, but NCL suspended their August crusies and I think most of their September cruses as well.  I think it's on the horizon that they will be cancelled. 

only the horizon?

4 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I have a feeling all of 2020 cruises will be cancelled. 

• Like 3

Just now, Don Kehote said:

It is an amazing world we live in where we gloat about numbers of deaths in a day.

Can we please go back to using Platinum Loyalty to feel important?

heck...i was just saying to bring the ships to Wisconsin.....i stand by that  LOL

• Like 1

Great commentary. Until we as a Nation get a firm handle on this Virus unfortunately many lives will continue to be affected. We have to start listening to the experts and stop trying to silence them for telling the truth. 

I personally believe that when it is deemed "Absolutely Safe" again to cruise and when those "Initial" cruisers are diagnosed as "Safe and Corona Free" then we will all be Cruising Again!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I'd agree, at least Oct. Little hope of a  be a big drop when the cases are still going up, with record numbers in many areas, and everything opening  back up with just "recommendations"  for proper social distancing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bingomamma19 said:

Thats what happens when you dont live on top of each other and handle things right.

I will enjoy myself on the cruise, in Vegas and in Michigan...all places i plan to visit in the next few months.

There seems to be a contradiction in there somewhere.  Anyway, glad to know your state doesnt have as many as others dying. Kudos to you.

I was being optimistic and booked a cruise for early September, yes I know stupid...but now an hour later, if you try to book a cruise for August or September through the website there is an error message that says "  rates not available for the number of passengers"  and this is if I enter 1 or 2 passengers.

So, is this a sign that Carnival is about to extend their cancellations?

Edited by kskelley40

I would not suggest it is a precursor to cancelling that cruise. Rather, I suggest that that ship on that particular sailing has reached its maximum as defined by Carnival, under these screwy circumstances. To make a short story long I agree with xDisconnetions. 

28 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

I was being optimistic and booked a cruise for early September, yes I know stupid...but now an hour later, if you try to book a cruise for August or September through the website there is an error message that says "  rates not available for the number of passengers"  and this is if I enter 1 or 2 passengers.

So, is this a sign that Carnival is about to extend their cancellations?

Generally a sign the cruise is "sold out".

3 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

But on EVERY cruise for September?   

I would say yes. Because of the prior cancellations, and pent up demand for cruise starved cruisers....me included.