Are cruises booking up this fast?

zitsky

I was just researching whether I could switch from a 9 night Caribbean cruise in 12/20 to a 12 night in 12/21.  But I can't find rooms.  My TA is out of office for several weeks.  I may just call Celebrity.  I can still work with the TA if I call and ask for someone else.

Are cruises completely full this far out?  I do see X's tool that will help you find a different cruise.  Maybe I'll use that.

I have not actually canceled my 12/20 cruise.  I was waiting for X to cancel it.  But if cruises really are filling up, then I might have to decide to cancel it myself through our trip insurance.

If I don't make final payment, my understanding is we lose $100/pp the rest is future cruise credit.

EDIT:  I did call X but, of course, their systems are down.  But the agent told me the website is pretty accurate.  So if it says a cruise is fully booked then it must be.

Edited by zitsky

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I was just researching whether I could switch from a 9 night Caribbean cruise in 12/20 to a 12 night in 12/21.  But I can't find rooms.  My TA is out of office for several weeks.  I may just call Celebrity.  I can still work with the TA if I call and ask for someone else.

Are cruises completely full this far out?  I do see X's tool that will help you find a different cruise.  Maybe I'll use that.

I have not actually canceled my 12/20 cruise.  I was waiting for X to cancel it.  But if cruises really are filling up, then I might have to decide to cancel it myself through our trip insurance.

If I don't make final payment, my understanding is we lose $100/pp the rest is future cruise credit.

I was looking at the website, every cruise this afternoon (6-18-20) is showing "No rooms available for this sailing".  The Royal and Azamara sites are not even letting one get to that point on a booking.  It's also not possible to sign in to the site with the user name/password.

As I posted this I checked again, and the site is now down for maintenance.

Harris

Denver, CO

Edited by omeinv

4 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

yeah there we're issues

Thanks Sponge Bob!  I really like your show.

Edit: @Fouremco I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  I've only been on one X cruise and I have seen more than my share of computer problems.

Edited by zitsky

As Roseanne Roseannadana (Gilda Radner's character on Saturday Night Live from many years ago) would say   "It's always something. If it's not one thing, it's another" 😀

Wishing all cruise lines will be able to 'weather' this crisis!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks Sponge Bob!  I really like your show.

Edit: @Fouremco I don't know whether to laugh or cry.  I've only been on one X cruise and I have seen more than my share of computer problems.

Crying doesn't seem to work, so I stick to laughing. :classic_biggrin:  Thankfully, Celebrity's ships operate with far greater precision than its website!

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Celebrity main website says it’s down for updating....whatever that means.

Apparently it’s the .com site, the .co.uk site is working fine.

I’ve had problems with the .com site the last few days, when I accept cookies, the screen greys out, but the .co.uk site is fine.

39 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

Don't they tout on their website that they won an award (silver award?) for their website?? You see it when you go through the booking screens

Silver is not gold 

23 minutes ago, natashax3 said:

What is "dummy booking" exactly?

A dummy booking is when you do a booking all the way until it ask for payment. It’ll let you see exactly what you’ll get if you complete it. Don’t fill in the payment info, just get out.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I though it was a foolish person booking a cruise.  😉

Hi pee, maybe that's true for all of us.  Nobody knows when this corona thing is over.

I did the "same cruise, same price" to move from the Reflection holiday sailing in 2020 to 2021.  Reflection isn't doing the same cruise next year so they allowed me to move to the Equinox holiday sailing.  I haven't received the formal confirmation for 2021 but it is supposed to be same perks, same price.  Currently show at 3,000 more than I booked the 2020 cruise for.  Waiting to receive the final confirmation for the 2021 before I call, the agent at Celebrity said it would be at least 5 days.  Mt deposit is showing as transferred.  I wanted to change to an 11 night cruise because I liked the ports better but the program requires same nights, same class of ship.

21 hours ago, zitsky said:

EDIT:  I did call X but, of course, their systems are down.  But the agent told me the website is pretty accurate.  So if it says a cruise is fully booked then it must be.

We're not allowed to mention 'websites' for cruises here but there is one I use to find available cabins.... try to fill in the same missing letter...*ea*canner...with a .com on the end.  You may find there are no available cabins.  The other thought to consider is TAs may hold cabins for their clients then release them close to final payment.  If you can wait for that long prices sometimes come down as well depending on the number of unbooked cabins.  Hope this helps.