mardi gras

bwlive

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

Carnival has bigger fish to fry right now. I think Carnival's struggle to stay SOLVENT will put the Mardi Gras on the back burner for now.

I think they would have stopped construction already if solvency were an issue in continuing to build.

Yes, CCL and all other cruise lines are having financial difficulties  at the moment, as are hotels, resorts, etc. but I haven't heard of cancellations on ships current under construction. Most of that is already financed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Royal just delayed their newest ship that was supposed to come our November until April.  Wonder if the same is true for Mardi Gras

If one this is for sure is that the Mardi Gras is not sailing this year. Too much going on right now. I have a feeling the Mardi Gras will be delayed.

• Like 1

Odyssey of the Seas is now delayed through April and considering they were to sail within ~1 week of each other, everyone booked into March-ish, including me, should decide now if the want the refund or bonus.  😞

Carnival will be fine.  Remember, there were problems with Mardi Gras already and the shipyard slowdown complicated that even more.

• Like 2

Watch those fences.. because when I was young (decades ago), we were playing King of the Mountain on top of a picket fence ( no large dirt piles around) and I was knocked off and broke both bones in my arm.  True story...but a little humor to help these troubled times.  Don

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Royal just delayed their newest ship that was supposed to come our November until April.  Wonder if the same is true for Mardi Gras

I don't think there is any doubt that it will not be sailing in November.  Considering that the first cruises showing up for it are in April, it could very well be the same as Royal.  We are booked on it in April.  Guess we will just have to wait and see if it sails then.

No, it likely will not be sailing. I'm booked for January and I'm pretty much thinking we will not be going based on what is going on with the world. Carnival is scheduled to restart cruising 6 weeks before Mardi Gras' inaugural sailing. There is no way they are going to launch a brand new ship at that time. Ready or not, I just don't see it happening.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TeresaJ said:

No, it likely will not be sailing. I'm booked for January and I'm pretty much thinking we will not be going based on what is going on with the world. Carnival is scheduled to restart cruising 6 weeks before Mardi Gras' inaugural sailing. There is no way they are going to launch a brand new ship at that time. Ready or not, I just don't see it happening.

We are booked on her for February 20, 2021 and we feel the same as you do.  Even if she is launched before that,  we probably will cancel the cruise.  I'm 72 and wife is 71.  At our age with this virus still not under control, it's too much of a risk for us.

• Like 1

We are booked on her for February 20, 2021 and we feel the same as you do.  Even if she is launched before that,  we probably will cancel the cruise.  I'm 72 and wife is 71.  At our age with this virus still not under control, it's too much of a risk for us.

proud of your rational thoughts about not sailing. i wish you and your wife good health and a future cruise with smooth sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

proud of your rational thoughts about not sailing. i wish you and your wife good health and a future cruise with smooth sailing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you.  We love cruising but we love living even more.  🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

I don't blame you at all for wanting to cancel. Probably a wise choice. 

• Thanks 1

Carnival - the parent company of P&O UK appears to be hesitant in accepting the newly completed IONA - they owe the shipyard 80% of the contract price - so approximately $800 million. Anything is possible regarding the Mardi Gras at this point.

IMO, best to wait for an official announcement and rebooking/refund options announced.

Cancelling on someone's speculation isn't too wise.  Not booking to begin with or waiting to book is a different story.

Most of us on the initial six months of sailings booked prior to CV19.  Life happens.

Yes the Odyssey  sailing were cancel.  We had our cruise in March 21 cancelled and were able to rebook the following year.  Same cruise, same cabin.  Will probably do the same if the Mardi Gras doesn't sail.

Frustration, yes. But not earth shattering.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

IMO, best to wait for an official announcement and rebooking/refund options announced.

Cancelling on someone's speculation isn't too wise.  Not booking to begin with or waiting to book is a different story.

Most of us on the initial six months of sailings booked prior to CV19.  Life happens.

Yes the Odyssey  sailing were cancel.  We had our cruise in March 21 cancelled and were able to rebook the following year.  Same cruise, same cabin.  Will probably do the same if the Mardi Gras doesn't sail.

Frustration, yes. But not earth shattering.  

That depends on personal circumstances.  Age, physical conditions, people not wanting to tie up their money for an extended period.  There are many reasons to cancel rather than re-book not knowing when it will be safe to cruise will start again.

Edited by RWolver672
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:10 AM, bwlive said:

wanted to ask in reference to the Carnival mardi gras for a cruise in Jan. 2021.  anyone know if it will be sailing

First sailing on the Mardi Gras will be 3/27/21. All sailings before that were taken off the website because they are going to be cancelled. But clearly Carnival is waiting to announce that as they are busy dealing with the COVID-19 cancellations. Can’t say I don’t blame them. 

• Like 1

We are booked for November 28th and will be pleasantly surprised if that even happens so when our upcoming August cruise was cancelled we used the funds to book the Mardi Gras for January 2022 and when the November cruise is cancelled we will just transfer the monies to the January booking 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

First sailing on the Mardi Gras will be 3/27/21. All sailings before that were taken off the website because they are going to be cancelled. But clearly Carnival is waiting to announce that as they are busy dealing with the COVID-19 cancellations. Can’t say I don’t blame them. 

And this is semi-official or just your read of the online booking system?

Not doubting but way too much hand wringing and brain twisting speculations going on for all cruise lines.