When is next Celebrity announcement due

Pirateguy

1 hour ago, Pirateguy said:

Anyone know when Celebrity will make an announcement about cruises from September 20? I was thinking late July but wondered if anyone had information 

Delete.

Edited by Wine-O

Who knows, the situation is so fluid and changing daily at this point.  I finally decided to move my Nov B2B to next year.  I cant see 10 and 11 day cruises happening at this point, especially in the beginning.  News everyday is changing with good results from some trials of vaccines, different Caribbean islands having very strong mandates in place etc.  I do not expect any normalcy to travel/vacations/cruises for a while.   Hope I am wrong.   

They'll wait to collect as 

Just now, bikerunner said:

Who knows, the situation is so fluid and changing daily at this point.  I finally decided to move my Nov B2B to next year.  I cant see 10 and 11 day cruises happening at this point, especially in the beginning.  News everyday is changing with good results from some trials of vaccines, different Caribbean islands having very strong mandates in place etc.  I do not expect any normalcy to travel/vacations/cruises for a while.   Hope I am wrong.   

I think you're right.  Carnival has admitted a full slate of cruises unlikely to sail until 2022.  That will be the case for all the major lines.  But they'll continue to sell 2021 cruises that won't happen.  I guess that's OK, I have no sympathy for anyone willing to risk sending money to them.

37 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

They'll wait to collect as 

I think you're right.  Carnival has admitted a full slate of cruises unlikely to sail until 2022.  That will be the case for all the major lines.  But they'll continue to sell 2021 cruises that won't happen.  I guess that's OK, I have no sympathy for anyone willing to risk sending money to them.

How do you know they won't happen? Do you have a crystal ball predicting the future? I didn't see you here predicting corona would bring the world to a stop 6 months ago.

11 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

How do you know they won't happen? Do you have a crystal ball predicting the future? I didn't see you here predicting corona would bring the world to a stop 6 months ago.

Straight from the CEO's mouth. He's on record saying cruises won't start at full capacity until 2022 at the earliest. That's 17 months from now in a perfect case scenario. He also mentioned starting at 50% capacity. Just because you are booked on a cruise that does sail, there's no guarantee you won't get booted due to capacity controls.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Straight from the CEO's mouth. He's on record saying cruises won't start at full capacity until 2022 at the earliest. That's 17 months from now in a perfect case scenario. He also mentioned starting at 50% capacity. Just because you are booked on a cruise that does sail, there's no guarantee you won't get booted due to capacity controls.  

That’s not the same as stating there will be no sailings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yorky said:

That’s not the same as stating there will be no sailings.

Precisly! We can deal with capacity controls once we get sailings back, but we have to get them back first. You don't clean up a an overflowing bathtub until you've turned the faucet off.   

• Like 1

I think that it is a fairly safe bet that there will be a CDC update on or about July 24th.  It will apply to US ports.  I also think it is a pretty safe bet that cruise ports in FL will be out of action for quite some time.  But who really knows?  They opened Disney World in Orlando even though FL has become a pandemic epicenter in the US.  So hard trying to figure this stuff out.  No logic to a lot of it.

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pumpkin 11 said:

Whatever.  If you think or hope that all 2021 sailings will happen as scheduled, good luck with that.  

The first two people in our community to die from the corvid-19 virus was a couple who returned earlier this year from visiting NY relatives.  So if you don't wish to sail out of FL, enjoy where you are.

I personally don't mind if our two 2021 cruises do sail.  One out of Fort Lauderdale in January and one out of Seattle in June.  If I were to cancel one it would be the Seattle cruise.  Don't want to be cooped up in a plane for so long with who knows what.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Florida is a mess right now with record breaking cases every day.   They should move the ships up north where the pandemic was taken seriously.   Too bad they can’t come to Maryland, we are still pretty locked down with masks required everywhere.   Baltimore can’t handle big ships because of the bridge.   NYC and Bayonne can handle most ships.   The problem right now is travel restrictions within the states.   States are not accepting travel from the states with major outbreaks and increases.   

17 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Florida is a mess right now with record breaking cases every day.   They should move the ships up north where the pandemic was taken seriously.   Too bad they can’t come to Maryland, we are still pretty locked down with masks required everywhere.   Baltimore can’t handle big ships because of the bridge.   NYC and Bayonne can handle most ships.   The problem right now is travel restrictions within the states.   States are not accepting travel from the states with major outbreaks and increases.   

Perhaps this will work for a few cruises out of Bayonne but that port can in no way handle the overall ship numbers and passenger volume of FLL and MIA.  And the travel restrictions that you mention are indeed a big problem.  But perhaps there could be a resident-only cruise from NY/NJ if those states continue to have the virus under control.

• Like 1

July 16, 2020 Update

On July 16, 2020, CDC extended the No Sail Order and Suspension of Further Embarkation; Notice of Modification and Extension and Other Measures Related to Operations signed by the CDC Director on April 9, 2020—subject to the modifications and additional stipulated conditions as set forth in this Order. The Order is effective upon signature and will be published in the Federal Register.

This Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency,
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • September 30, 2020.

On 7/15/2020 at 9:51 AM, TeeRick said:

I think that it is a fairly safe bet that there will be a CDC update on or about July 24th.  It will apply to US ports.  I also think it is a pretty safe bet that cruise ports in FL will be out of action for quite some time.  But who really knows?  They opened Disney World in Orlando even though FL has become a pandemic epicenter in the US.  So hard trying to figure this stuff out.  No logic to a lot of it.

Congrats!

You were very close on the date!

Keep reasoning things out!

14 hours ago, hcat said:

Congrats!

You were very close on the date!

Keep reasoning things out!

I imagined back in April when they started setting these No Sail orders that this would be a long drawn out process.  But this long? I am concerned at this point that US-based cruising will not be happening in 2020.  That is depressing!

I ve been hearing about all those suspensions all past months. I have no idea what is stopping them from starting operations. I am more than sure that its some government work there and probably they are seeking some other goals in that business. Maybe they expect something from those companies or maybe these companies own them money or something..