Law suite thrown out .

1Gizmo

Just read a federal Judge threw out the law suite against Princess Cruises from the people that were on the Diamond. Can't sue for fear of catching something. Naturally the lawyer (and the daughter) was disappointed and may appeal. 

Edited by 1Gizmo
spelling
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, 1Gizmo said:

Just read a federal Judge threw out the law suite against Princess Cruises from the people that were on the Diamond. Can't sue for fear of catching something. Naturally the lawyer (and the daughter) was disappointed and may appeal. 

Do you have a link to a source that discusses the case?

People will sue for anything because of these jack wagon lawyers. You got sick on a cruise, you want to sue the cruise line. You will win only if they were negligent. Meaning they knew about it and did nothing about it and let you onboard anyhow. Regular cleaning and upkeep of a ship is common practice. Did they know before letting people on board that there would be a chance of them catching the Virus? No one knew. Tossing out the law suit was proper. 

• Like 10

Brilliant just brilliant- I applaud this judge- i hope others follow suit- so to speak. Mr. Abel - a wonderful guy who posted from the Diamond during quarantine- had only the best of words for Princess and how they bent over backwards to help them.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Germancruiser said:

Brilliant just brilliant- I applaud this judge- i hope others follow suit- so to speak. Mr. Abel - a wonderful guy who posted from the Diamond during quarantine- had only the best of words for Princess and how they bent over backwards to help them.

Exactly.  It seems just wrong that people would sue the cruise line after they bent over backwards, as Mr. Able said in his regular updates.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

People will sue for anything because of these jack wagon lawyers. You got sick on a cruise, you want to sue the cruise line. You will win only if they were negligent. 

The lawsuit was from people who DIDN"T get sick and it was passengers on the Grand not the Diamond.  I doubt a judge would dismiss a lawsuit from someone who actually got ill as that is a different scenario from this lawsuit which was for "emotional distress" not actual illness or suffering.  Totally different scenario than the lawsuits from Diamond passengers. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dns65 said:

The lawsuit was from people who DIDN"T get sick and it was passengers on the Grand not the Diamond.  I doubt a judge would dismiss a lawsuit from someone who actually got ill as that is a different scenario from this lawsuit which was for "emotional distress" not actual illness or suffering.  Totally different scenario than the lawsuits from Diamond passengers. 

It still was not the cruise lines fault. No liability. It was done for passenger protection and then ordered to do so.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eclue said:

So much greed in this world.....glad the lawsuit got thrown out.

Yes agreed!  It would be great if the cruise line could counter-sue both the individual and the legal firm that brought it to court for costs associated with defending these types of law suits.  Maybe that would stop these sorts of ridiculous actions.

• Like 2