Another possible CDC no-sail extension?

Kinda... I mean bars w/ food service are wide open. Night clubs or dance clubs etc, yes they are closed. Pubs w/ grills, Bars w/ grills, and Restaurants w/ Bars are literally wide open and have been since May.  I have been in a couple that actually removed every other bar stool. But they were open. 

Its the only way to survive unfortunately

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

BTW, the Governor of Texas just opened restaurants to a level of 75% seating capacity for indoor dining this past Monday, but he also continued the closure of bars. 

Someone needs to get judge Jenkins onboard. I dont think we are open that much and havent read plans to. I'm in dallas

Getting back to the possible extension of the no-sail order -- chances are it will be after the stock market closes - that's the time it was announced for the previous extension and it was on a Thursday.  My money is on tomorrow, Thursday, Sept. 24th at 4pm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, D C said:

If we build an indoor area outdoors, isn't that the same as indoor dining?? 

I supposed fresh airflow would be the difference. I support my local restaurants using curbside pickup or delivery. No way am I sitting in a hot parking lot breathing car exhaust. Those are some die hard foodies. lol

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

I supposed fresh airflow would be the difference. I support my local restaurants using curbside pickup or delivery. No way am I sitting in a hot parking lot breathing car exhaust. Those are some die hard foodies. lol

Google the images of the tents being used. It isn’t what you’re thinking 

3 hours ago, flyguyjake said:

Some restaurants have made some beautiful outdoor dining areas.  I'm hoping some of them become permanent as I have enjoyed eating outside at most places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

While we are on a theme park theme....   Would you feel comfortable going to a water park if you participated only in the lazy river, river rapids, or wave pool (nothing that requires standing in a line, such as slides)?  Just two mature adults, no kids, during the week.

That's a good question.  Over the summer I was ok swimming in the ocean but our town pool skeeved me out. It wasn't the crowding and we only went in the adult section but it was the water passing through the nasal passages  and back into the water that bothered me. We only just jumped in to cool off. We didn't even put our heads under the water. 

2 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's a good question.  Over the summer I was ok swimming in the ocean but our town pool skeeved me out. It wasn't the crowding and we only went in the adult section but it was the water passing through the nasal passages  and back into the water that bothered me. We only just jumped in to cool off. We didn't even put our heads under the water. 

Does it survive in chlorine water

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Thanks for the update.  Are they still doing the Florida resident discount?  Have general prices gone up or remained the same? 

The biggest changes are only one park per day and you have to make reservations ahead of time to visit a park. You can only have three reservations at any one time.

• Like 1

Well, our beloved RCL has already cancelled MANY cruises as far into June next year. Carnival is tossing 12 (no wait, EDIT that, EIGHTEEN) of their ships from their fleet. I am wondering if RCL will take the same course? 

I also see both cruise lines' stock has TANKED the other day. Maybe this is the end of cruising for a LOT of us, if not ALL.

Edited by johnjen

2 minutes ago, johnjen said:

Well, our beloved RCL has already cancelled MANY cruises as far into June next year. Carnival is tossing 12 (no wait, EDIT that, EIGHTEEN) of their ships from their fleet. I am wondering if RCL will take the same course? 

I also see both cruise lines' stock has TANKED the other day. Maybe this is the end of cruising for a LOT of us, if not ALL.

If some posters can be believed who had their jewel cruises cancelled, they are done with cruising, maybe forever. Some are pretty upset.

1 minute ago, johnjen said:

I see the cruise industry as shifting, consolidating, scaling down, but not entirely going away.  The experience and form of cruising will no doubt be in flux and only those lines that can quickly reinvent themselves will survive. I read an interesting statistic the other day "71 percent of the Earth's surface is water-covered, and the oceans hold about 96.5 percent of all Earth's water" as long as this remains there will be ocean travel. 

So don't despair, it will come back, maybe not as we knew it, but cruising is here to stay. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fla gang said:

The biggest changes are only one park per day and you have to make reservations ahead of time to visit a park. You can only have three reservations at any one time.

Is that a recent change? We live in Florida, have annual passes, and have had as many as 6 reservations pending at one time. A couple of those are tied to a weekend we are spending at Disney next month. Maybe it makes a difference if you are staying in a Disney hotel?