CDC Lifts No Sail Order

travelhound

There's a lot of details to be decided by the cruise lines and the CDC, a lot of things to work out, and a lot of information they will have to convey.  Whether they start sailing in December or February or May, it will all have to be done.  I'm glad they're starting now.  These boards will be interesting to watch as the specifics are announced.

Edited by naxer
  • Thanks 1

While I am very happy, and hopeful, that cruising will start up again shortly, I will sit back and wait and see what happens when things get going again.  I am glad I do not have a cruise scheduled for January  as I did until they cancelled my Breeze cruise when they moved her from FLL.  March will give me some breathing room, even though my final deposit is due in December.  I would rather lose my deposit, obc, etc., than possibly lose my life.   I am happy for all those who will be on a cruise as soon as they start up again.  Please be safe and follow the rules so future cruisers may just do that - cruise.

• Like 3

Just now, travelhound said:

The next big leg up for the stock will be when a successful vaccine is announced.

Yes. Truthfully, we will give it until 2022 anyway to see what’s up with the virus etc.  

Plus, with my surgeries getting scheduled, I’m hunkering down in my house so I don’t get Covid and it screws up my surgery schedule. 

2 minutes ago, Cafedumonde said:

😉 Don’t worry, I think it will be smoothe sailing from here!

I hope so, but in reality it's probably the vaccine that will put an end to this crisis.  Hopefully there will be some announcement in a couple of months.

11 minutes ago, pe4all said:

While I am very happy, and hopeful, that cruising will start up again shortly, I will sit back and wait and see what happens when things get going again.  I am glad I do not have a cruise scheduled for January  as I did until they cancelled my Breeze cruise when they moved her from FLL.  March will give me some breathing room, even though my final deposit is due in December.  I would rather lose my deposit, obc, etc., than possibly lose my life.   I am happy for all those who will be on a cruise as soon as they start up again.  Please be safe and follow the rules so future cruisers may just do that - cruise.

My cruise is at the end of March, with the balance due at the end of December.  This does give me some confidence now, and I will probably make the final payment in December.

The report is 40 plus pages long, so it was in the works for awhile.  The fact that it was releases on a day when the US had a daily infected number of 90,000 is reflective of the year 2020.  We don't have control of this yet.  Good luck to those who choose to cruise.  I am in a "high risk demographic", I will wait awhile. As a CCL shareholder and someone who enjoys a nice relaxing vacation, I wish the cruise lines well.  

• Like 6

The cruise lines will at a minimum be much better prepared than they were back in March for sure.  At least they'll be "armed" this time.  Let's all pray and remain positive and hope there's not an outbreak bad enough to shut it down again.  Fingers crossed!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I read the 40 pages. Most we all ready knew. I’m confused about what they will do with our 8 day cruise, as the CDC says sailings can’t be longer than 7 days. Also, what about B2Bers. 

Yup, my cruise in March is 9 days.  I suspect that this is just for the initial cruises and that they will revise it, assuming that the initial trips are successful.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

Yes. Truthfully, we will give it until 2022 anyway to see what’s up with the virus etc.  

Plus, with my surgeries getting scheduled, I’m hunkering down in my house so I don’t get Covid and it screws up my surgery schedule. 

That's probably a good idea.  My family is relatively healthy and we have no underlying conditions, so we feel comfortable cruising in March.  Hopefully when they have a vaccine, everyone will be able to cruise again.

• Like 3