CDC Lifts No Sail Order

travelhound

This was posted on another forum, which ships are green to turn in papers I guess for provisional sailing.

No carnival ships listed, 0, none.. my april rcl liberty OTS is listed, so it looks like  go. Carnival needs to get on the ball.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

This was posted on another forum, which ships are green to turn in papers I guess for provisional sailing.

No carnival ships listed, 0, none.. my april rcl liberty OTS is listed, so it looks like  go. Carnival needs to get on the ball.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

It looks like RC is making good progress.  It's probably just a matter of time before the other lines catch up.

Edited by travelhound

8 hours ago, travelhound said:

I think all of us are looking forward to the day we can cruise again.  My cruise is in March and this news gives me some confidence 🙂

i have a 12 day booked with ncl for jan.3rd 2020. it is out of tampa. hope it goes, i have just paid it off yesterday. ncl has not said nothing about the cruise. i know this is the carnival board, but i have 23 on carnival with 2 more booked. i hope all of us gets to cruise!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Looks like RCL's and NCL's Healthy Sail Panel approach gave them a head start. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bafinegan said:

I am in the vaccine trial by Pfizer.  I have had both shots in a series of 2.  They can't tell you what you got ( vaccine or placebo) or the results of your blood tests, but I got an antibody test on my own.  I have a LARGE amount of antibodies (enough for 3 people going by the titer) .. SO LET ME ON A SHIP!!!!😁

baf

Funny post!  Hope you get on a ship soon!

16 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sign me up. 
I got a call, soon after this was released, from an unknown number... I thought what if it’s Carnival asking me to volunteer!? A girl can dream. Instead it was about my car warranty. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Ha!   Think of the bright side, with a car warranty it will make it easier to drive from Oklahoma to the cruise port!  As some earlier comment said, they are not worried about catching COVID under the new, strict cruise protocols ...  but they are worried about the flights and the trips to and from the Airport and the cruise terminal.  And I kind of get that, I am in no hurry to get in a cab or catch an uber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

The vaccine will flatten the fear 🙂 

I agree.  Regardless of actual effectiveness, an approved vaccine will flatten the fear enough.  Well, at least for hard core cruisers.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spleenstomper said:

We bought 100 shares of CCL yesterday. We have no plans to sail anytime soon— very likely not until 2022. (I have to get both knees replaced). 

We figured it was just a matter of time before cruising came back. 

I had both knees replaced in June 2018 and went on my cruise Jan 2019, the only problem was the beeping going through the security lines, LOL. Good luck with your surgery, don't keep putting it off as I did.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, linbobky said:

i have a 12 day booked with ncl for jan.3rd 2020. it is out of tampa. hope it goes, i have just paid it off yesterday. ncl has not said nothing about the cruise. i know this is the carnival board, but i have 23 on carnival with 2 more booked. i hope all of us gets to cruise!

Assume its 2021, not 2020. Says until changed 7 days or less only. They would have to either cancel or cut some days. Order expires in November though it can be amended. 

Trans-Pacific passenger learns of positive COVID-19 test after landing in Honolulu

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/10/27/trans-pacific-passenger-learns-positive-covid-test-after-landing-honolulu/

This is what I would be concerned about with going on a cruise right now.

I know people have fudged (dare I say "lied") on those health forms we're all given before boarding. There is no reason whatsoever a die-hard cruiser would give up their cruise. All you need to do is read the boards on a regular basis to know this is true. Every scheme for skirting every rule has been discussed on here, at length. From stupid stuff like chair hogging and "sneaking" liquor on board to more serious issues - shows how desperate some are and will do desperate things to get on that ship...at all costs...including the health of their fellow cruisers and the crew! 

14 minutes ago, tea4ular said:

Trans-Pacific passenger learns of positive COVID-19 test after landing in Honolulu

https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/10/27/trans-pacific-passenger-learns-positive-covid-test-after-landing-honolulu/

This is what I would be concerned about with going on a cruise right now.

I know people have fudged (dare I say "lied") on those health forms we're all given before boarding. There is no reason whatsoever a die-hard cruiser would give up their cruise. All you need to do is read the boards on a regular basis to know this is true. Every scheme for skirting every rule has been discussed on here, at length. From stupid stuff like chair hogging and "sneaking" liquor on board to more serious issues - shows how desperate some are and will do desperate things to get on that ship...at all costs...including the health of their fellow cruisers and the crew! 

Why would anyone lie on those health forms?

😉

2 hours ago, travelhound said:

Good point, my family will be first in line for the vaccine.

Right behind mine - lol.

Just got a message from our local news station (news12) that our Governor (Cuomo) is now considering getting rid of the 14 day quarantine NY has for 44 states when entering NY.  Instead, he is looking into a 3 day quarantine and a day 4 covid test for anyone entering our state from one of the states/countries on his list. This would finally allow us to get down to our FLL condo, go to Disney (which we canceled 3x already), or cruise again when we feel it is safe to do.    Hope this goes through.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

This looks like an old list with an update in the works Some cruise lines jumped through hoops to drop crew off in the US to fly home and Carnival instead used their ships to transport crew home. The title is a hint

"Crew Disembarkations through Commercial Travel"

2 hours ago, linbobky said:

I assume that you meant 2021, but with the CDC limiting cruise lengths to 7 days, your cruise will be cancelled.  It could possibly be modified, but Tampa is a secondary embarkation port with all of the lines, so I really doubt it will sail.

40 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

This looks like an old list with an update in the works Some cruise lines jumped through hoops to drop crew off in the US to fly home and Carnival instead used their ships to transport crew home. The title is a hint

"Crew Disembarkations through Commercial Travel"

I think they said somewhere its updated regularly...I'd have to go back and find the post.

You ignored that there are no carnival ships on the list. As a ccl shareholder I'm disappointed they dont seem to be jumping thru hoops like the others. I'd say at minimum it's going to take at least 3 months once you start jumping. 

Also reading crew has to quarantine on land, then on the ship for 14 days. Adding up days I dont see a cruise before march or april. Attached is another if and or butt... regarding ships not currently is US waters.

20201031_135400812.jpeg

3 hours ago, linbobky said:

I don't want to burst your bubble, and your cruise might go, but it will not be a 12 day cruise. Per the order cruises cannot be longer than 7 days.

18 hours ago, embarkation75 said:

I hate to burst your vaccine in December  bubble, but the FDA has already stated the emergency authorization will go to medical and first responders before anybody. It will then be given next (Feb-Mar) to high risk individuals, which would likely include the elderly. However, the two vaccines that are likely to be approved first (e.g. Moderna and Pfizer) require TWO shots separated by ~28 days before you are considered vaccinated. That makes anything for January unlikely to be in the window where you would cruise and have both of the vaccine shots.

Also, there is some period of time (a couple weeks maybe?) between when you get the shots and when your immunity develops, stretching out that timetable a little longer.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You ignored that there are no carnival ships on the list. As a ccl shareholder I'm disappointed they dont seem to be jumping thru hoops like the others. I'd say at minimum it's going to take at least 3 months once you start jumping. 

I didn't ignore anything. Carnival never was on the old list, and I think this is the OLD list from when cruise ships were trying to return crew members to their homes. Carnival SAILED them most of the way home. CDC is just starting with the OLD list.

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

I didn't ignore anything. Carnival never was on the old list, and I think this is the OLD list from when cruise ships were trying to return crew members to their homes. Carnival SAILED them most of the way home. CDC is just starting with the OLD list.

Ok let's revisit this say in a month and compare where ccl and rcl are toward resuming. Unfortunately its ccl I own a bunch of shares in. I'd like to see more forward progress than I have.

6 hours ago, linbobky said:

Sorry to say but with the new CDC order the max cruise will be 7 days.     And they are not going to be sailing by January 3rd since they have a lot to do with getting all the certifications / inspections done before they can apply 60-days in advance of their commencment date.    So if they want to sail by January 1st they would have had to submit everything to the CDC today, Impossible.   

You might want to read the order to see the list of everything they have to do - lots of hoops to jump thru.

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to say but with the new CDC order the max cruise will be 7 days.     And they are not going to be sailing by January 3rd since they have a lot to do with getting all the certifications / inspections done before they can apply 60-days in advance of their commencment date.    So if they want to sail by January 1st they would have had to submit everything to the CDC today, Impossible.   

You might want to read the order to see the list of everything they have to do - lots of hoops to jump thru.

I don't read it that way.  I see it saying that within 60 days, they have to get certain things done, not that they have to get them and then there is a 60 day period before starting.

30 minutes ago, UPNYGuy said:

and msc has already been sailing in Europe. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if MSC is the first cruise line to restart cruises from US ports. From

everything that I read, they seem to have their act together a bit more than the others. We’ll see...! 

• Like 2