CDC Lifts No Sail Order

travelhound

43 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I read the 40 pages. Most we all ready knew. I’m confused about what they will do with our 8 day cruise, as the CDC says sailings can’t be longer than 7 days. Also, what about B2Bers. 

I dont have a b2b until 2022, but I'll be curious too. Right now it says not longer than 7 days.

14 minutes ago, embarkation75 said:

Are you going out of Florida in March? If not, then I wouldn't count on anything in March as it may take until late spring/summer for the entire fleet to be active again.

We are cruising out of Florida, so I don't think it's going to be a problem.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelhound said:

I hope so, but in reality it's probably the vaccine that will put an end to this crisis.  Hopefully there will be some announcement in a couple of months.

Well both me and my wife are in our mid 70s. Our next booked one is for Jan 9, 2020. Hopefully By December they say the Vaccines are expected to be distributed and given to the elderly first. Then the first responders. At that point, will we be a continuation of the testing? We just got the NEW Shingles shot. To get the second one after two weeks. My wife handled the hurt for a day she did great. I did not. We were told, it would hurt. I figured it would be no different then the Flu shot. I was very wrong.

3 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Well both me and my wife are in our mid 70s. Our next booked one is for Jan 9, 2020. Hopefully By December they say the Vaccines are expected to be distributed and given to the elderly first. Then the first responders. At that point, will we be a continuation of the testing? We just got the NEW Shingles shot. To get the second one after two weeks. My wife handled the hurt for a day she did great. I did not. We were told, it would hurt. I figured it would be no different then the Flu shot. I was very wrong.

My family did get flu shots and we will be first in line to get the vaccine.

We are scheduled for New Years Eve from PC.  Still waiting to hear:

Rules on testing before embarking

Rules on testing before debarking

(if positive, can we drive home to quarantine?  Can the kids fly home to quarantine ?)

Who pays for which type of testing?

Excursions: Carnival only?  

Can we walk around town in Cozumel, San Juan, St Thomas on our own?

Which ports can we visit?  Which are off-limits?

55 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

7 days each b2b2 should not be a problem. 

Idk I agree with you. My TA who is very good also isnt sure. I wouldnt be so quick to assume what the cdc means. Page 32

Here is the exact wording:

(2) The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders.

53 minutes ago, travelhound said:

My family did get flu shots and we will be first in line to get the vaccine.

I am in the vaccine trial by Pfizer.  I have had both shots in a series of 2.  They can't tell you what you got ( vaccine or placebo) or the results of your blood tests, but I got an antibody test on my own.  I have a LARGE amount of antibodies (enough for 3 people going by the titer) .. SO LET ME ON A SHIP!!!!😁

baf

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It says to volunteer for the pre cruise cruises, you have to have a doctors note you have no preconditions... like in my case, I couldn't because I'm 70. 

Where/who do you volunteer?  I'm ready! 😁

baf

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk I agree with you. My TA who is very good also isnt sure. I wouldnt be so quick to assume what the cdc means. Page 32

Here is the exact wording:

(2) The cruise ship operator must not sail or offer to sail on an itinerary longer than 7 days. CDC may shorten or lengthen the number of days permitted to sail based on public health considerations and as set forth in technical instructions or orders.

But they are technically not breaking that ,  on a b2b you have to disembark the ship , so that 7 day cruise is over and when you reboard starts the new 7 day cruise.,  So i cant see how that wont be allowed, they will board new passengers wont they?   i think they dont want the ships out at sea past 7 days . 

Just now, firefly333 said:

Another thread posted some TA said they were contacted. No one knows if they can believe them. Lol

I cant wait as we now have real cruise positive news

I'm a 6 hour drive from Canaveral.  As I stated in another post, I have positive antibodies form the vaccine study I volunteered for, so I am protected and can't give it to others.  I am a retired nurse so can do any monitoring protocol they want.  I have 19 Carnival cruises under my belt, so not a newb.  SOO READY!!!!

baf

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I'm a 6 hour drive from Canaveral.  As I stated in another post, I have positive antibodies form the vaccine study I volunteered for, so I am protected and can't give it to others.  I am a retired nurse so can do any monitoring protocol they want.  I have 19 Carnival cruises under my belt, so not a newb.  SOO READY!!!!

baf

It says you need a doctors note you have no pre conditions.

Do you know a doctor who would sign off on you?

I havent met my latest doctor lol, I'm sure I'd have to have all sorts of blood work done and probably be younger. 

1 hour ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I just received my first shingles in February and second shot a month or so ago, along with the flu shot.  That second shingles was terrible— as bad as the first. 

I’m working my way through the 40 page cdc document. It says that in order for a cruise ship operator to apply for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate, they have to conduct a simulated voyage. Page 27 says that before conducting a simulated voyage, written notice has to be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the simulation. Then in order to apply for the Conditional Sailing Certificate, materials have to be submitted to the cdc at least 60 days prior to the commencement of restricted passenger operations. I might be reading it wrong, but it sounds like everyone is unfortunately still a good 3 months from going anywhere. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It says you need a doctors note you have no pre conditions.

Do you know a doctor who would sign off on you?

I havent met my latest doctor lol, I'm sure I'd have to have all sorts of blood work done and probably be younger. 

Sure do!  Where do I apply?  I'm serious!  I didn't see where.

baf

44 minutes ago, Gin-soaked bar-room queen said:

I’m working my way through the 40 page cdc document. It says that in order for a cruise ship operator to apply for a COVID-19 Conditional Sailing Certificate, they have to conduct a simulated voyage. Page 27 says that before conducting a simulated voyage, written notice has to be submitted at least 30 calendar days prior to the simulation. Then in order to apply for the Conditional Sailing Certificate, materials have to be submitted to the cdc at least 60 days prior to the commencement of restricted passenger operations. I might be reading it wrong, but it sounds like everyone is unfortunately still a good 3 months from going anywhere. 

Yes that is correct, plus they are saying it will take 30-60 days to get a ship ready. So we really are looking well into spring before full time cruising starts to return.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

It says to volunteer for the pre cruise cruises, you have to have a doctors note you have no preconditions... like in my case, I couldn't because I'm 70. 

Sign me up. 
I got a call, soon after this was released, from an unknown number... I thought what if it’s Carnival asking me to volunteer!? A girl can dream. Instead it was about my car warranty. 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sign me up. 
I got a call, soon after this was released, from an unknown number... I thought what if it’s Carnival asking me to volunteer!? A girl can dream. Instead it was about my car warranty. 🤦🏼‍♀️

LoL  same here!  The darn spam car warranty call.