When was your last cruise?.

grapau27

Mine was Oceana last Christmas and New Year.. it was a pre-retirement cruise for the OH  mostly to see if I could cope after my accident.  I did, and the plan was to have at least three cruises this year.  His job entailed working seven days a week in summer (hospitality) and holidays had to be taken in a small window each year.

Oh well, hopefully in the future ☺️

For now we have food, we have roofs over our heads, we are warm and have each other.. everything else can wait x

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 6

March 2020 on Aurora.Supposedly to see the Northern Lights but the cruise was cut short because Norway wouldn't let us in.I was disappointed because we just had 5 days at sea but I would be grateful for any days at sea now!!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

November/December 2019 Aurora Canaries cruise. I must be losing it!! That took some thinking about. We should be on our way to Southampton now😢. Oh well.

Avril

We should have just been disembarking from our cruise on Arcadia.Was it Arcadia you should have been sailing on?

• Like 1

Ours was Cairns, Australia,  to Colombo, Sri Lanka on Fred Olsen's Boudicca. We flew out to Cairns on New Year's Eve 2019 and spent a week in Cairns before the 4 week cruise. We arrived back in the UK on February 7th. Since then we have had 5 cruises and a land tour cancelled but, as Indiana reminded me to count our blessings which are many. We are fit and healthy for our age, have a warm home and food plus family and friends that we video conference regularly but most importantly....we have each other. We also have these cruise critic posts which are helping to keep boredom at bay and inspire us to look forward to better times.....soppy or what!😷😁

• Like 7

Ours was to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in May 2019, Venice to Athens with Azamara.

Since then family events and now the virus have put paid to any further plans.

No intention of booking anything until the world settles down to something like normality.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Mine was Oceana last Christmas and New Year.. it was a pre-retirement cruise for the OH  mostly to see if I could cope after my accident.  I did, and the plan was to have at least three cruises this year.  His job entailed working seven days a week in summer (hospitality) and holidays had to be taken in a small window each year.

Oh well, hopefully in the future ☺️

For now we have food, we have roofs over our heads, we are warm and have each other.. everything else can wait x

I'm happy you are coping after your accident.

You are right,as long as you have each other,a roof over your head and food you can be happy.

Graham.

43 minutes ago, ann141 said:

March 2020 on Aurora.Supposedly to see the Northern Lights but the cruise was cut short because Norway wouldn't let us in.I was disappointed because we just had 5 days at sea but I would be grateful for any days at sea now!!

My sentiments too 

28 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

Ours was Cairns, Australia,  to Colombo, Sri Lanka on Fred Olsen's Boudicca. We flew out to Cairns on New Year's Eve 2019 and spent a week in Cairns before the 4 week cruise. We arrived back in the UK on February 7th. Since then we have had 5 cruises and a land tour cancelled but, as Indiana reminded me to count our blessings which are many. We are fit and healthy for our age, have a warm home and food plus family and friends that we video conference regularly but most importantly....we have each other. We also have these cruise critic posts which are helping to keep boredom at bay and inspire us to look forward to better times.....soppy or what!😷😁

Great post and what a fantastic last cruise.

Graham.

11 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Ours was to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary in May 2019, Venice to Athens with Azamara.

Since then family events and now the virus have put paid to any further plans.

No intention of booking anything until the world settles down to something like normality.

What a fabulous way to celebrate your Golden wedding anniversary.

None of us could foresee covid19 happening and it has affected everyone of us.

46 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

November/December 2019 Aurora Canaries cruise. I must be losing it!! That took some thinking about. We should be on our way to Southampton now😢. Oh well.

Avril

Ok, well now. When I said I must be losing it, I was. I've just checked  our past cruises and it wasn't the Canaries, it was the Med😁. Got the date right though😊

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4th August 2019 on Ventura to the Canaries for 12 nights. I wrote a daily blog for the 1st time and I occasionally go back and read it to remember how much we enjoyed it.

We said at the time that Ventura would be bottom of the list for booking another cruise yet here we are toying with the idea of booking another cruise on her in 2022!

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We should have just been disembarking from our cruise on Arcadia.Was it Arcadia you should have been sailing on?

Yes it was. 19 wonderful nights around France, Spain and Italy. Instead November 6th marks the start of lockdown  No2. On a brighter note though, our personaliser tells me there are only 213 days to our next cruise🤞

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

35 nights on Ventura January and February 2020 to the Caribbean and Central America. Got back just in time. 

Wow what a fabulous cruise and fortunately you got back before this dreadful virus appeared.

14 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

35 nights on Ventura January and February 2020 to the Caribbean and Central America. Got back just in time. 

Snap!

Perhaps we spoke?  Who knows?

In the interim should have had a July week on Iona and should be disembarking Arcadia after 19 nights to Greece right about now 🙁

• Like 1

Our last cruise was the oceana New Year 5 nts 2018/19  .

We toyed with the idea of a cruise mid year but opted for an adults platinum holiday in Cyprus

(which turned out to be fantastic) knowing we had booked a year in advance the  Ventura for

the New Year 2019-20  which sadly we had to cancel .. My heart was not ready for it :classic_sad::classic_wink:

With a bit of luck there will be others though :classic_smile:

/

• Like 3