All Carnival Cruises Canceled through January 31st per website

Cruiseman38

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

The panel of cdc is meeting next monday to decide who gets it first. So you also know in advance what their comments of most vulnerable mean as to the order? Wow while what you say makes sense, and you have seniors 3rd, why dont you think me as a senior can get it before april?

I hope I can find you when I get it. So what are we betting? I do think I'll have it by April you say not.

The State of Ohio has already determined that health care workers will get the vaccines first.  I work in a nursing home and we were directly told that by the ODH, followed soon by the residents.  They have not said anything about whether they would complete each wave separately... ie do they complete both cycles for HC workers first, then go onto senior centers?  Not sure.  They certainly don't want to run out of vaccine and have to start all over because the first shot wore off.  There very well may be provision for older adults living in their homes (such as yourself) before the rest of the population.  I just think it will take a while.  I can't forsee the general public being able to go to CVS before July.  I certainly could be wrong and I hope I am.  Also other states could prioritize their population differently.  

28 minutes ago, skridge said:

The same venom spewing CDC that is trying to protect the people of this country from a virus that is spreading like a wildfire in a dry forest?  Why can't you admit with over 11 million infected and the highest number of deaths in one day in over 5 months yesterday that maybe the CDC has our best interest in mind when they say it might not be a good idea at this time to put passengers back on the ships. 

Yup that is the same cdc, the one that if you or I did our jobs that poorly, we would be fired.  The same one that has vacillated on recommendations all the way down this slippery path, the same one who has made predictions of deaths from 50,000 to 2.5 million, the same one.... I could care less if they had our best interest in mind, they have been doing a terrible job.  If they do not recant (certainly would be another vacillation) on the no sail order, The industry will sail when the current blip subsides.  We all know of course that we are the brink of two of the four vaccines coming out this year!   More great news.  You will be on a cruise before you know it!

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, buckeyefrank said:

The State of Ohio has already determined that health care workers will get the vaccines first.  I work in a nursing home and we were directly told that by the ODH, followed soon by the residents.  They have not said anything about whether they would complete each wave separately... ie do they complete both cycles for HC workers first, then go onto senior centers?  Not sure.  They certainly don't want to run out of vaccine and have to start all over because the first shot wore off.  There very well may be provision for older adults living in their homes (such as yourself) before the rest of the population.  I just think it will take a while.  I can't forsee the general public being able to go to CVS before July.  I certainly could be wrong and I hope I am.  Also other states could prioritize their population differently.  

Ok I get it you are a pessimist and I'm a optimist. I certainly expect it before july. My parents are 94 and 102 and I'd be surprised if they can stand in a line to get it, so they may have to wait. At 102, probably have to wait until there is a time of little to no waiting. They live in their own home.

Probably you are right and the cdc panel can only recommend..... only cruises they can make decisions about, so the panel meeting has no value if they can only reccomend the order.

Like I said our news and yours seem to disagree on time line. Lots dont want it, is another reason I think my chance better. I want it so I dont give it to my parents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Everyone,

I don't post much, but I read all your posts nearly daily just to see the news.  I did have a question I am not sure has been addressed.  We know it is going to be hard to get the vaccine locally.  I saw something in the news today that said the US could have 40 million doses by year end, which is actually enough for 20 million people.  But where in the pecking order will staff on ships be?  They aren't going to be getting them from the US I wouldn't think, and I can't imagine the countries where the ships are registered will be getting them quickly.  Also, most cruise staff would fall under the low risk category, being young and fit, so they'd be down the distribution list anywhere.  

I have a trip to Europe planned next summer, I am hopeful my husband, a type 1 diabetic, will be in an earlier group.  If he can get the vaccine my children and I will travel without it.  I believe once the vulnerable groups are vaccinated the death and ICU rates will drop and some form of modified travel internationally will be allowed with a rapid test.  So maybe next year can be salvaged on some level.

Anyway, thanks for all you contribute.  I really enjoy reading your posts.  I was on the Panorama cruise last March that had an extra unplanned day and I can tell you the terror I felt at fearing quarantine in a cabin is still with me.  

-Shannon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yup that is the same cdc, the one that if you or I did our jobs that poorly, we would be fired.  The same one that has vacillated on recommendations all the way down this slippery path, the same one who has made predictions of deaths from 50,000 to 2.5 million, the same one.... I could care less if they had our best interest in mind, they have been doing a terrible job.  If they do not recant (certainly would be another vacillation) on the no sail order, The industry will sail when the current blip subsides.  We all know of course that we are the brink of two of the four vaccines coming out this year!   More great news.  You will be on a cruise before you know it!

I fail to see how the CDC has done there job poorly.  They have given many recommendations that would have worked if they had been followed.  It seems to me the ones doing the poor job are the American people.  If they recant the no sail order then I will agree with you that they are doing a bad job, because anyone that creates a pathway for people to get on a cruise ship in a pandemic is doing a poor job and should be fired.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Go, Jimbo, go!

I guess I halfway expected a cancelation for our February cruise but honestly I’m disappointed in how it’s being handled. I’m sure I’ll be roasted for this but we had a five night cruise with $500 on board credit. Now if we rebook the same cruise out onboard credit will drop to $300. Yes I know I can just take the refund but that stinks also since this was such a good deal with excellent OBC. This is only our second Carnival cruise so I’m just unhappy about it I suppose. Our cruise on another line was canceled and handled in a way that was equal to what we booked. Oh well, I guess we have a little time to decide what we will do. 

7 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

Check page 1 post 1.

Yup, ok....let me try this again...

Not knowing the CCL schedules and world very well, I’ve asked:

Which February ships and ports and sailings are NOT cancelled? I can clearly read what IS cancelled I’m wondering what is then left and is still available and active for February?

3 minutes ago, BoundForSea said:

Yup, ok....let me try this again...

Not knowing the CCL schedules and world very well, I’ve asked:

Which February ships and ports and sailings are NOT cancelled? I can clearly read what IS cancelled I’m wondering what is then left and is still available and active for February?

LOL, Whatever is not cancelled is still left.

All of February will eventually be cancelled sometime in mid/late December if that helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

LOL, Whatever is not cancelled is still left.

All of February will eventually be cancelled sometime in mid/late December if that helps.

Lol I was thinking all he had to do was go to carnival.com and click book a cruise and see where they left from. Only a travel agent probably could name what's not sailing. Carnival vista out of Galveston not cancelled, I don't watch the other ports. 

Someone in New York mentioned ny port, its cancelled and grayed out until june 2022, lmao. I find that more interesting than just February.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

the problem with this thinking is that masks protect others from you.

the government tells you that you must wear a seat belt, but I don't see people protesting about how it violates their rights, or plotting to kidnap the governor about it.

No, but the police will give you a ticket for not wearing on, click it or ticket it, but have not seen

any police giving tickets to non mask wearers or especially at the peaceful protest.  

So our 5-night cruise out of Galveston last May got cancelled, rebooked to Aug, we took a great $100 total upgrade from interior to balcony, Aug got cancelled, rebooked for Jan with $300 OBC, but now interior for $100 more cost.  Getting nervous about being first sailing in Jan, we called Carnival 3 days ago to rebook to Sept, interior for $90 more.  But the interesting thing is OBC increased to $350.   Figured Sept is so far down the road, but if they don't sail be then.... 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:01 PM, bury me at sea said:

Looks like our April, 2021 cruise will be the next to go.

Princess just cancelled a bunch but only through March, so maybe you'll be safe. Here's wishing you good luck! 😊

PRINCESS cruise operations impacted include the following:

• All cruises sailing through March 31, 2021
  • All cruises longer than seven days sailing in and out of United States ports through Nov 1, 2021

The company said it is also extending its pause in operations for cruises departing in and out of Japan through June 25, 2021. Princess had earlier extended its pause in operations for cruises departing from Australia and New Zealand through May 31, 2021.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23907-princess-cancels-all-cruises-through-march-2021.html

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/plan/impacted-and-cancelled-cruises/pause-extension-mar-31-2021.pdf

Edited by SeaHunt
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 8:27 PM, firefly333 said:

Someone in New York mentioned ny port, its cancelled and grayed out until june 2022, lmao. I find that more interesting than just February.

Agreed.  NY still only showing for 2022, but no official 2021 cancellations yet.  Likely redoing the season giving this summer 8 day sailings.

Edited by sarmat1

2 minutes ago, sarmat1 said:

NY cruises are back up for summer 2021.  Oddly this includes the 8 day ones (which presumably will be changed to 7).  We're on one of those so I watch these closely.

I just looked and the only 8 days I see are 2022, none in 2021. They can sell longer cruises after nov 1, 2021, but not before.

All the 8 days I see are 2022??!!

20201120_134002970.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

I just looked and the only 8 days I see are 2022, none in 2021. They can sell longer cruises after nov 1, 2021, but not before.

All the 8 days I see are 2022??!!

20201120_134002970.jpeg

You're correct - my bad I thought they were 2021.  I was editing my post to state this at the same time you were replying to it.