The Daily for Monday Nov 23, 2020

richwmn

I have only one Seabourn cruise, a transalantic in 2016.  As I often do, I sailed QM2 to Europe and there was a lengthy delay between QM2's arrival and Seaborne Odyssey's departure.  I filled that void with a voyage on Queen Elizabeth.  November 23 was my first morning on QE:

morning23.jpg

Roy

• Like 14

Good morning, all,  I was up early and at the door of my grocery store before 7.  I was in and out quickly, but now I have only got as far as lunch;  that will be BLTs, as there is some bacon left over from last night.  Perhaps pork chops this evening, and possibly a bubbly, but not the Roederer one.  

Fridges and freezer are now chock-a-block full and I don't need to go out for a couple of weeks!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I am always pleasantly surprised what I learn from The Daily.  I have a math degree and knew of the Fibonacci Sequence, but had to Google it to refresh my memory.  I hadn't known that he was responsible for introducing our number system to the West, and always thought they were called Arabic numerals, rather then Hindu numerals as Google stated.  Enjoy reading of the drink of the day as I have never tried 95% of them, being more of a wine or beer person with an occasional scotch or bourbon on the rocks.  Can't imagine drinking raw egg whites, except maybe as a hangover cure.

• Like 10

Good afternoon all.  I have had to sign in to CC more often then ever before and today I got refused for 15 minutes so I went and started something else and am now just taking a break.  Love the quote, never a fan of Dr. who (DH was), don't like espresso and am glad that someone explained about the numbers, saved me from Dr Google!  I like scallops, but today’s dinner will not be decided on until after DH returns from his 2 hour dental appointment.   This is just the start, the finishing will happen in the early.  The drink recipe has too many ingredients in it, so I will pass on this one. My thoughts go out to those on Roy's care list and my best to those celebrating.  Thanks to the list makers  and researchers, your efforts keep me coming back several times each day.  A year ago today we were here!

2B7ED0E2-54D4-41F2-A0DD-944D7DFF521F.jpeg

DC4E5FCA-F3F0-489A-92CA-93F1AA1FA54C.jpeg

7E1FEDFE-CB12-4E18-941F-B3BDA163E58F.jpeg

8A9A2BDE-A129-4F7A-BCB3-498178A8BFC2.jpeg

• Like 12

9 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's care list:

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front Line Health Care Workers and support staff

Teachers and school workers

a great virtual silent auction for Dismomx5's church

recovery for St.LouisCrioser’s family

When I was working we had a rule at Social Security.  You attain an age the day before your birthday.  Congrats to Victoriann and Pat for attaining 58 years of marriage.

and Zoom suspending their 40-minute limit on free meetings on Thanksgiving

Roy

I'm one of those Front Line Health Care workers support staff. IT Support at a hospital system and while most of my department can work from home, I cannot. It's been a challenging year

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Hflors said:

Our son is in Anne Arundel County and our daughter is in Hartford County.   Its strange they live a distance away from each other and both started with the symptoms almost on the same day.

While there are relatively few really safe places to be right now, these are probably in the better half of Maryland counties.  I would have been especially concerned if they were in the immediate Washington suburbs or the western counties which got off to a good start but are now probably our biggest hotspots, with hospitals suddenly overwhelmed.  One thing our Governor has been quite proactive about is monitoring our health care system and ramping up resources where necessary.

Roy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sososailer said:

I'm one of those Front Line Health Care workers support staff. IT Support at a hospital system and while most of my department can work from home, I cannot. It's been a challenging year

Welcome to The Daily gang, Sososailor!  And many thanks to you and all the health care workers in our countries who labour so diligently to keep us safe.  We had a lot of deaths here in BC over the weekend, and our Dr. Bonnie was almost in tears talking about the difficulties that are arising in the province.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sososailer said:

Thank you ❤️   To say it has been challenging is putting it lightly.  We all appreciate your efforts, struggles and frustrations ❤️ 

• Like 5

Good, um, evening, all! I enjoy Dr. Who, also today’s quote! By coincidence, honey glazed bacon wrapped scallops ended up being last nights dinner. They are now long since gone.
After a rainy night, today was actually quite nice. I was able to gather the last few remaining walnut leaves before the weather takes them. Our TA contacted us and is rolling us over to the 2022 Grand Africa. We’re also now on the Future Dam list for a segment of the 2022 GWV. The planning begins again!

Edited by Horizon chaser 1957
  • Like 2