Best Rum Runner

On 1/13/2021 at 4:02 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Nooo!!! That's what we call alcohol abuse. Never dump it out. Drink it first. 🍷 😁

We used to live in Key West so we drank plenty of these.

Rum Runner

1 oz pineapple juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz blackberry liqueur

1 oz banana liqueur

1 oz light rum

1 oz dark rum

Add a little bit of grenadine 

put in blender with ice and blend

Whoo, this is what I need right now 🍹

• Like 2

On 1/13/2021 at 3:50 PM, Missusdubbya said:

Because I am always running late getting ready for the evening 😁 my husband often leaves the cabin and returns with drinks for both of us.

When in an aft, he returns with extras ‘just in case’, so he doesn’t need to make the long walk again 🤣

That's exactly what Mike does.  🍹🍸🍷

• Like 1

Helpful hints if you do like to smuggle:  (1) buy the highest proof liquor sold because volume matters and you can use less.  (2) Double bag each rum runner in zip-lock freezer bags just in case.  You can put the little ones in your packed shoes for extra protection.  (3)  Do NOT put electronics or anything suspicious looking in the same checked bag.  (4) Order juice from room service at breakfast and put it in your fridge for later.  (5) Mix vodka with Kahlua and then mix that with the soft serve vanilla ice cream.   

2 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Helpful hints if you do like to smuggle:  (1) buy the highest proof liquor sold because volume matters and you can use less.  (2) Double bag each rum runner in zip-lock freezer bags just in case.  You can put the little ones in your packed shoes for extra protection.  (3)  Do NOT put electronics or anything suspicious looking in the same checked bag.  (4) Order juice from room service at breakfast and put it in your fridge for later.  (5) Mix vodka with Kahlua and then mix that with the soft serve vanilla ice cream.   

HaHaHa.  #2 for sure.  🍷

• Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 4:00 AM, ReneeFLL said:

Here I was thinking this was about one of my favorite drinks. A Rum Runner. 🍹 They are really good.

They certainly are .. Hmmm .. you gave me a great idea for this coming weekend!  ;) 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:32 PM, juncos said:

Dont you think that the people of RC read this too?

Gee wiley....

Hellooooo ... our real names are not listed.   And besides .. you realize how long it will be before any of us are cruising again anyway .. so i thin we're pretty safe in discussing this "heinous, tabboo" topic right now 😉    

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

Hellooooo ... our real names are not listed.   And besides .. you realize how long it will be before any of us are cruising again anyway .. so i thin we're pretty safe in discussing this "heinous, tabboo" topic right now 😉    

Speak for yourself. Mine are. Catch me if you can. 🤣🍺

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:26 AM, vacationlover_mn said:

🙂   That would be approx the day our 2 bottles of wine will be gone...

First, I usually buy the package now as it's just easier and I like the coffees and specialty juices, too. In the past, I used the clear plastic rum runners stuffed into snorkel fins without ever being sent to naughty room.

Since you mentioned wine, I'll share that I've been able to get 4 bottles of wine on-board by going through 2 separate security lines, if that's your drink of choice.  I liked it for the cabin, but, still would buy cocktails when I felt like it.

One port strategy that I've used is to send your backpack with 2 bottles purchased in port through the machine. They'll see it on xray, maybe look in bag and direct you to go to the table to check your duty-free in for last day pick-up.  Turn in just one bottle and continue onto the ship. No further bag check is done. 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 2

This thread reminds of my first cruise back in 2007 on Majesty of the Seas.  A three night party cruise with three of us girls going for a long weekend and wanted to bring on booze.

I found a company that specialized in gift baskets that they would send to cruise ships, kind of like a Bon Voyage type of gift. I gifted our cabin 4 bottles of vodka, each was nicely wrapped and in a cello basket. They even put a card in it telling us to enjoy our cruise LOL

When we got back from the muster drill, it was in our cabin waiting for us. I think we only had to pay a couple of dollars more for each bottle.   We went to one Royal's private islands and brought a bottle off the ship with us. Since we had a soda package, that covered our mixes. Those were the days!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2021 at 12:14 AM, ReneeFLL said:

It was me that posted the recipe. I will forgive you as long as you make one for me. 😀🍹

Oops!  Sorry about that , and you got it!  .. i'll get out my big boy blender and we'll make a bunch!  😉 

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 4:41 PM, lovescats5 said:

You are one of the reasons they started making everyone in the same room buy the same beverage package.  

Actually, we have never rum runned before, and have gotten the drink package for years (for both people in room, even during the time they didn’t require it).

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

If they let us prebuy a bottle of each for our room, we won’t bother.  But, can’t seem to see if it’s still offered for our cruise.

Have your TA check into it. And if you can't purchase a bottle or two pre cruise? 

• Like 1