Best Rum Runner

48 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

George,

Doesn't work anymore.  Water is available to be purchased on ships.  And Security will pick up water bottles and shake them.  Since cognac is not clear, like some moonshine or tequila, you'd be stopped.

I hide water bottles in my shoes in check luggage have size 15 shoes, again never had issue , there is a white Hennessy 

1 hour ago, George C said:

I hide water bottles in my shoes in check luggage have size 15 shoes, again never had issue , there is a white Hennessy 

Those shoes would work.  White Hennessey hasn't been available in the US yet, so can't work through DFW.

2 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

We are not drinkers but that being said... What I heard works best is dumping out the wine and fill with alcohol. Replace cork and buy wine shrink wrap  from Amazon

Nooo!!! That's what we call alcohol abuse. Never dump it out. Drink it first. 🍷 😁

We used to live in Key West so we drank plenty of these.

Rum Runner

1 oz pineapple juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz blackberry liqueur

1 oz banana liqueur

1 oz light rum

1 oz dark rum

Add a little bit of grenadine 

put in blender with ice and blend

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 2:20 PM, SilkySal said:

This forum is about offering advice from personal experience, not minding one's own "bizness" (offense taken). You can do what you want; I was just offering advice. RCI staff can find out who you are because of your membership in CC, whereby a Meet & Mingle is held on board and a written invitation is delivered to your cabin, so yes, they do know who you are, if they want to pursue checking your luggage. We have had 2 different couples/friends of ours, whose luggage was sent to the "naughty room" and had their alcohol confiscated and may have been blacklisted for future luggage searches. However, like I said, you are free to do whatever you choose but no whining if or when you get busted.

In the past, one has been able to purchase a drink package as long as there are at least 4 full days of cruising left, not counting the morning you return to port.

I apologize if I have offended anyone. Happy cruising to all of you and CHEERS!🥂

Your Friends had bad luck - The idea that Royal officials are reading this to find people and get their luggage is floor falling laughter. If they read these forms many things would change. With literally a hundred thousand people boarding ships weekly the few who rum run are they few who rum run!

If people are willing to take the risk they will reap the benefits. 

I am literally laughing at the thought that the royal minions are reading this and tagging rooms!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Nooo!!! That's what we call alcohol abuse. Never dump it out. Drink it first. 🍷 😁

We used to live in Key West so we drank plenty of these.

Rum Runner

1 oz pineapple juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz blackberry liqueur

1 oz banana liqueur

1 oz light rum

1 oz dark rum

Add a little bit of grenadine 

put in blender with ice and blend

My Bad!! 
However, if you buy a cheap enough wine you may want to dump it first  LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I've been known to stop at a bar on the way back to the cabin & just order a 'neat' shot of bourbon, then save it for later.  But for the aft cabin folks, who doesn't make at least 4 to 40 returns to their cabins?  I do this a time or two a day or as I feel and then I'm set. 

Because I am always running late getting ready for the evening 😁 my husband often leaves the cabin and returns with drinks for both of us.

When in an aft, he returns with extras ‘just in case’, so he doesn’t need to make the long walk again 🤣

• Like 3

On 1/7/2021 at 12:51 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

So, since now I'm leaning towards no drink package...  Does anyone have a favorite, effective rum runner?  It would be handy, to bring a bit of bourbon and Malibu onboard....

I was thinking of smuggling some meth onboard. As long as they dont ask me to bend over and cough in security, i should be fine. 

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

The umbrellas look so real.   The  fake suntan lotion  bottles were popular in the past. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1