Name of new Azamara ship?

paf225

Shame that there weren't 4 stooges and/or 4 founders of Pep Boys.  Then they could name the ships Manny, Moe, Jack and Marty.  Some thing for the 3 stooges.  Problem is that people who were not Americans or people under the age of maybe 50 would not get why they were given those names.  LOL but I may be serious.  

DON

6 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Shame that there weren't 4 stooges and/or 4 founders of Pep Boys.  Then they could name the ships Manny, Moe, Jack and Marty.  Some thing for the 3 stooges.  Problem is that people who were not Americans or people under the age of maybe 50 would not get why they were given those names.  LOL but I may be serious.  

DON

But the new management has made it clear they don't plan to stop at 4.  That's why I like Forth – gets the pun now, and shows the future path too.

48 minutes ago, wrtmlt said:

So if they call it Discovery and change the name of dining room what other name changes should be made? Maybe the bars or events. How about changing white night to something?

That sounds intriguing. Do you have any suggestions for what they should call white night?

9 hours ago, Rabo said:

I’m really not thrilled with any of the three name choices. Back on January 25, I suggested Azamara Passage. I’m sticking with that.

I’m not either, but since I’m still not getting correspondence from Azamara despite contacting them a few times, I can’t vote anyhow!

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

But the new management has made it clear they don't plan to stop at 4.  That's why I like Forth – gets the pun now, and shows the future path too.

There were four stooges. Moe, Curly, Larry, Shimp and Joe. Shimp took Curly's place and Joe took Shimps place. That doesn't say a lot about me to remember that but I was a 3 stooges fan when I was very young.

Just now, tyler6597 said:

There were five stooges. Moe, Curly, Larry, Shimp and Joe. Shimp took Curly's place and Joe took Shimps place. That doesn't say a lot about me to remember that but I was a 3 stooges fan when I was very young.

41 minutes ago, tyler6597 said:

There were four stooges. Moe, Curly, Larry, Shimp and Joe. Shimp took Curly's place and Joe took Shimps place. That doesn't say a lot about me to remember that but I was a 3 stooges fan when I was very young.

Shemp.  And there were actually 3 different actors named Joe who filled in in succession [apparently you had to be named Joe to be 'fake Shemp' :classic_biggrin:]  So six cumulatively, but only 3 at a time.

[I was a big Stooges fan from their TV days, but I didn't know any of this until today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Three_Stooges]

15 minutes ago, DiamondDiva said:

Would have voted for Discovery, but as usual, no email for us from Azamara, despite 3 sails with them, the last in 2019. 

We get nothing either and we have sailed many times from 2008, the last was 2019.

Captain Carl has just posted on Facebook that Azamara take over the new ship on Monday (15th March) so we may not have too long to wait for the new name to be announced.

I suppose that it could also be the day that the sale of Azamara is concluded.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Captain Carl has just posted on Facebook that Azamara take over the new ship on Monday (15th March) so we may not have too long to wait for the new name to be announced.

I suppose that it could also be the day that the sale of Azamara is concluded.

Yes, looks like the Azamara New Name (nee Pacific Princess) has been berthed at one of the outer piers in Civitavecchia for about a week.

And yes, they likely wouldn't take possession before closing so it looks like it will officially be a new Azamara Cruise Line soon.

• Like 2