Mask recommendations?

I am going to assume that next year, I will need a mask to fly, and possibly cruise.  Do any of you have a good recommendation for a mask that is comfortable, easy to breathe in, and not too hot in hot weather?  Since I haven’t really gone anywhere hot where I would need a mask, or had to wear a mask for a prolonged period of time, I haven’t had to worry about this yet.  

thx!

53 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am going to assume that next year, I will need a mask to fly, and possibly cruise.  Do any of you have a good recommendation for a mask that is comfortable, easy to breathe in, and not too hot in hot weather?  Since I haven’t really gone anywhere hot where I would need a mask, or had to wear a mask for a prolonged period of time, I haven’t had to worry about this yet.  

thx!

I like the paper surgical masks best.

Cheap and lightweight 

ER doctors wear them, good enough for me

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Cheap and lightweight 

One bummer, is that I saw carnival wanted double ply.  I wonder if two of the paper masks would meet that requirement, if RCI requires the same?

We purchased KN95 masks for our long flights to Oahu last month. We found them to be very comfortable as they didn't lie flat against our mouth and nose. If not traveling we use the paper surgical masks. The KN95 masks can be easily ordered online and were also comfortable in the warm Oahu weather.

Edited by lr657
  • Like 2

Just now, lr657 said:

We purchased KN95 masks for our long flights to Oahu last month. We found them to be very comfortable as they didn't lie flat against our mouth and nose. If not traveling we use the paper surgical masks. The KN95 masks can be easily ordered online.

Good to know!  I haven’t used them

yet...

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cheap and lightweight 

Not the best dog picture. I lost my cloth mask during my trip. It must have fallen out of my car and black embroidered blended with the pavement so I'm looking too.

20210206_100517702.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Same here!  I always carry a cloth mask with me but prefer the paper disposables.  Jim got his first vaccine at the Orange County Convention Center last week, and a lovely fire/rescue gentleman gave me a 4-pack of cloth masks since I wasn’t eligible to get a vaccine!  They were all so nice!

Edited by pstone1
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Cheap and lightweight 

That's the kind we use at work. Very comfortable. Some think they are kinda thin so they double up with a cloth mask over it. I agree with you, if they are good enough for ER, good enough for me.

• Like 3

Thank you all for your input!  DH and I are now leaning towards the paper masks.  Since they are fairly easy to find, I’ll hold off on ordering them, until we know what our flight and cruising requirements are (since we still have 13 months left, I know a bit can change :)).

That being said... I love to wear a fantastically tacky cruise outfit the day we fly down (cruise ship leggings with an “anchors” top). Can anyone recommend a great online shop with comfy cruise ship masks?  And, maybe pink flamingo masks to go with my flamingo leggings?

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I’m asking here, because many people are in warmer climates, and may have experience with what works for them.

For me, the disposable surgical mask are not breathable in the humid summer. The all cotton Hanes mask that kind of look like a bra on our faces are most breathable, but don't dry them they shrink easily.

1 minute ago, newcruzer2 said:

For me, the disposable surgical mask are not breathable in the humid summer. The all cotton Hanes mask that kind of look like a bra on our faces are most breathable, but don't dry them they shrink easily.

Ok, good to know! As a test, I will

have us try some this summer, to see how we feel in them 🙂

56 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thank you all for your input!  DH and I are now leaning towards the paper masks.  Since they are fairly easy to find, I’ll hold off on ordering them, until we know what our flight and cruising requirements are (since we still have 13 months left, I know a bit can change :)).

That being said... I love to wear a fantastically tacky cruise outfit the day we fly down (cruise ship leggings with an “anchors” top). Can anyone recommend a great online shop with comfy cruise ship masks?  And, maybe pink flamingo masks to go with my flamingo leggings?

There are a ton of them on Zulily.com. Just search for flamingo mask.  I just bought some and also purchased an anchor neck chain that attaches to the mask. I think it is just a modified glasses chain 🙂. These are just a couple on their website:

zu88125735_main_tm1595516626.jpg

zu87182430_main_tm1591967823.jpg

• Like 2