Strangest things done on board

W283386

9 minutes ago, JJCas said:

I remember a post on another part of this site saying that someone got up very early in the morning and went for a walk on deck.  They came across 2 very large people in a hot tub by the pool who were bathing, soap, shampoo and all.

That poster must have been sleep walking on another cruise line after a long night of heavy drinking. Not happening on Celebrity or RC.  🙄

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I walk the track early (NLT 6:00 AM) in the morning for 1.5 hours and the only thing I've seen are chair hogs on sea days attempting to mark their territory. I must be picking the wrong ships and cruise line. 😁

Pick Italian Cruise lines.

• Haha 1

I was just sitting down in the buffet area of another line when a woman at another table poured her coffee on the carpeting......what? She calmly got up and left. Never saw anything like that before. Note....not a Celebrity passenger, lol.

32 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

I was just sitting down in the buffet area of another line when a woman at another table poured her coffee on the carpeting......what? She calmly got up and left. Never saw anything like that before. Note....not a Celebrity passenger, lol.

Was the coffee that bad?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

they have been complaints (especially on one particular cruise line), that the free coffee in the buffet is purposely of the worst quality possible,  to entice people to pay for specialty coffee

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

they have been complaints (especially on one particular cruise line), that the free coffee in the buffet is purposely of the worst quality possible,  to entice people to pay for specialty coffee

is the cruise line a secret???

2 hours ago, LGW59 said:

is the cruise line a secret???

most experienced Cruisers will know which Cruise line I am talking about.

But I would not like to put down any particular Cruise line, because I personally have no problem with the coffee/tea in the buffet in all my Cruises.

hint --this particular cruise line serves coffee and tea in the buffet for only 2 hours during breakfast and again from 4 to 5 p.m. everyday.

The rest of the day it's not available for free.

12 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

Note....not a Celebrity passenger, lol.

People are people-- you can't teach " class ". 

It doesn't matter what ship you are on.

There are many more things for young families to entertain the kids on other Lines.

LOL--- Ever been to the " Slugfest on 14 " ???

On 2/24/2021 at 7:03 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

It’s your bag, and if it floats your boat, so be it, but still do not get it.  One can think of many better areas around the ship to read a good book.

I have had fellow passengers take my wet clothes out of the washer (when it was done) in order to use it themselves.  They piled my wet clothes on the counter because I wasn't  there when the washer ended.  Also want to be there right when the dryer ends to hang/fold my dry clothes.  This means sitting in the laundry room waiting for the end of each phase washing / drying.  

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

People are people-- you can't teach " class ". 

It doesn't matter what ship you are on.

There are many more things for young families to entertain the kids on other Lines.

LOL--- Ever been to the " Slugfest on 14 " ???

Isn't that the truth? Actually, folks, it wasn't the WHOLE cup of coffee. It was more like cleaning out the last third. Maybe we should give her credit for not scraping her plate as well?

6 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I have had fellow passengers take my wet clothes out of the washer (when it was done) in order to use it themselves.  They piled my wet clothes on the counter because I wasn't  there when the washer ended.  Also want to be there right when the dryer ends to hang/fold my dry clothes.  This means sitting in the laundry room waiting for the end of each phase washing / drying.  

As there is appalling behaviour in the laundry room causing one angst.  It appears one is then compelled to defend one’s clothing by mounting a constant vigilant guard of the equipment for the duration of programs, say for hours.  This must detract from any cruise enjoyment.

One has to ask the question as to why, when all laundry requirements can be under by your room steward, without any angst or detraction of cruise enjoyment.  Unless, of course, one finds the laundry a place pleasurable and part of the cruise entertainment.  

5 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

As there is appalling behaviour in the laundry room causing one angst.  It appears one is then compelled to defend one’s clothing by mounting a constant vigilant guard of the equipment for the duration of programs, say for hours.  This must detract from any cruise enjoyment.

One has to ask the question as to why, when all laundry requirements can be under by your room steward, without any angst or detraction of cruise enjoyment.  Unless, of course, one finds the laundry a place pleasurable and part of the cruise entertainment.  

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean ships do not have passenger laundries.  Problem solved.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, peacefulOR said:

You'd think so, wouldn't you? Haven't traveled to her country yet....maybe it's the norm?

Which is her country?

I don't think that is the norm in any country, although at the Raffles hotel Singapore, it is customary to throw peanut 🥜 shells on the floor while sipping the delicious Singapore Sling, their signature cocktail.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laundries available to passengers on Cunard, Azamara and Seabourn all have timers on the washers and dryer’s.   I just set my watch for the time my washer will be done and arrive a few minutes early on set up a dryer.   It is common that clothing left in washers or dryers once the cycle is completed are moved to the small laundry baskets provided.    I have never spend time in the laundry, just the few minutes to move my clothes from washer to dryer and to pick them up when drying is complete.   Simple courtesy is required because of the shortage of machines so never leave your clothes in a machine when they are done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, drsel said:

Which is her country?

I don't think that is the norm in any country, although at the Raffles hotel Singapore, it is customary to throw peanut 🥜 shells on the floor while sipping the delicious Singapore Sling, their signature cocktail.

I was being nice by not mentioning her country. She was part of a large tour group from China. I'll bet that the hotel in Singapore would discourage wet beverages being treated the same as peanuts. Didn't get the impression that she was upset about anything....maybe her first time in a restaurant setting. Who knows?

7 minutes ago, peacefulOR said:

I was being nice by not mentioning her country. She was part of a large tour group from China. I'll bet that the hotel in Singapore would discourage wet beverages being treated the same as peanuts. Didn't get the impression that she was upset about anything....maybe her first time in a restaurant setting. Who knows?

It has nothing to do with her country.

I have been all over China and never seen anything like this in any restaurant or hotel.

The natural thing to do if you don't like any beverage  is to leave it behind without finishing it.

It's the same in China

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On one of my Cruises I remember meeting a small Chinese group, who were always well dressed, prim and proper every single day of the Cruise.

They had the best manners and were most dignified.

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

I can hardly understand anyone from any land doing this sort of thing.  I wonder would she have been at the beginning of some sort of dementia and therefore not really responsible for her actions?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would hope that the cruise line would at the least charge her for the cleanup if they had pictures on their security system. I would show no mercy and put her off the ship in the next port.

Edited by Orator

23 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I can hardly understand anyone from any land doing this sort of thing.  I wonder would she have been at the beginning of some sort of dementia and therefore not really responsible for her actions?

That makes a lot of sense. I've had a few family members with Alzheimer's and they will commonly do something that seems very normal to them that makes no sense at all.

• Like 1